Asian Culture Discussion Thread

im cambodian from oakland and i can say that 100%, without a shadow of doubt that i am for sure not about that life :lol:

but you aren’t kiddin..unfortunately a handful of those cambodian dudes who were bangin back in 90s and early 2000s who changed their lives and were trying to do better are now catchin deportation cases due to repatriation agreements with Cambodia

one of my asian american studies profs introduced this film to us a long time ago. I think its an important watch

After escaping the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, the Ny family became one of thousands of refugees faced with resettlement in the U.S. Their lives unfold through the lens of this stirring video diary. As 18-year-old Sokly Ny (Don Bonus) struggles to graduate from high school, his family is harassed in the housing projects, his eldest brother cannot fill a dead father’s shoes and his youngest brother ends up in a youth prison. Sokly shares these experiences, his personal feelings and his hopes as the year progresses. Ultimately, A.K.A DON BONUS becomes a story of triumph and survival from the perspective of one of America’s newest arrivals.

I went to Galileo (Don's HS) as well by the way :D

Documentary recommendation :
MV5BNmZjMDgyMDgtYWI4OS00YjZkLWEyODktNzE0MmViOTFjMDA4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_UY1200_CR...jpg

Bro, I dont think I can watch that because I would get so mad.

I heard theres hundreds of thousands of undocumented women in China because of the one - child rule.\

I read my first book about Mao and the Cultural Revolution during college and I was shocked how *** backward China was back then (Great Leap Forward/Cultural Revolution era).

Bro, I dont think I can watch that because I would get so mad.

I heard theres hundreds of thousands of undocumented women in China because of the one - child rule.\

I read my first book about Mao and the Cultural Revolution during college and I was shocked how *** backward China was back then (Great Leap Forward/Cultural Revolution era).

Its a pretty harrowing watch to be honest. They interview one of the doctors who performed tens of thousands of forced abortions/sterilizations on women

Theres a part in the documentary where an artist talks about a photo of a trash heap that he took and started noticing many fetuses from the abortions among the trash :frown: :smh:

best believe i already posted this classic a couple pages ago :lol:
Thats why I said. This will stay the official AA anthem until something better comes along. Which there won't be.

This webpage still stands true today :rofl: :rofl:

Actual picture of me and the boyz just chillin at the pool hall in Flushing.
asian_pride_boys_by_hsmfan4life01_d1dhunf-fullview.jpg

Last edited:
Its a pretty harrowing watch to be honest. They interview one of the doctors who performed tens of thousands of forced abortions/sterilizations on women

Theres a part in the documentary where an artist talks about a photo of a trash heap that he took and started noticing many fetuses from the abortions among the trash :frown: :smh:
Yeah the CCP has a long track record of A S S hat policies. :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

First they wanted everyone to make babies to fuel the revolution. Oh snap! We didn't plan to feeding or providing resources to all these babies. One child policy now.

DISCLAIMER :
I AM NOT promoting hatred towards the Japanese about what was done during WWII. But everyone should watch Nanking! Nanking!.

This scene sends chills down my spine every time I watch it.

If you dont know what this is about :

Last edited:
DISCLAIMER :
I AM NOT promoting hatred towards the Japanese about what was done during WWII. But everyone should watch Nanking! Nanking!.

This scene sends chills down my spine every time I watch it.

If you dont know what this is about :

I can stomach a lot of things, but Nanking and Unit 731 are really hard for me :frown: :smh:

I can stomach a lot of things, but Nanking and Unit 731 are really hard for me :frown: :smh:

I would never hold it against the Japanese people of today for that. All it does is breed more hatred. But those things "Nanking/Unit731" should always be remembered to showcase how evil people can be to each other if misguided by hatred.

I honestly wonder if there is any other thread online that has this much discussion and celebration about this many different aspects of different Asian cultures. (and not be a complete flame war about which culture is better) :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:
I've been on NT for almost 20 years now. And I've never been prouder.

Truly a melting pot AKA the Asian American Experience

Except for E everysingletime

There's threads on Reddit but those fools are weird. Most of their discussions are just complaining. One thread was about the increased racism and violence against Asians now and they were saying they don't wanna hear anymore discussions about some Asians being prejudice against blacks. As if one cancelled the other.

I was thinking about reddit while I was type that post. But I'm sure reddit is bad as ********.

Edit : They censored H T ??:rofl: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom