Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 17.29.10 PM.png

Teacher sounding like a reverse Fluid Hips.
Now I’m confused...I don’t know what I should do with my name. Tough being Asian in America. Esp since I have a Spanish name....the confusion!

Drama gets even better if followup is true.
Read down this whole thread. See his initial reply.

His Twitter (if true).

Check out his account banner and statement.

Blue State Liberal Democrat. No surprise.
Said this multi times before: experienced much more ignorant racism while working in Bay Area than growing up in Midwest. The hypocrisy of the Left.
The Irony.

I never changed nor Anglicized my given name as a matter of personal preference when entering kindergarten. Not that hard to pronounce, not my problem. But I can understand if others choose a nickname or English name.

(Not “Tanner” though. Not my style)
:wink:

That’s a wild response. I actually laughed cuz I can’t believe he actually said that if it’s true. Sometimes it’s so crazy I don’t know how I should feel, like I’m not even bothered by it. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad, maybe I have and just forgot.... The only reason why I asked again is because it's Filipinos that have spanish last names
It’s cool...I got asked a couple times by other Filipinos if I am because of my name.

Now I’m confused...I don’t know what I should do with my name. Tough being Asian in America. Esp since I have a Spanish name....the confusion!

My bad, maybe I have and just forgot.... The only reason why I asked again is because it's Filipinos that have spanish last names

His name is “Jose Cuervo Lee”.
Baddest mf outta barrio chino.
He eats his paella with chopsticks.
:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Any of yall in biracial relationships and your potential future in laws as aren't necessarily Trumps fans, but did and still will vote for him? After his whole Kung Flu thing last night, I just had a random epiphany that if they're still cool with Trump after all these racist remarks, what do they really think of me, and how much do they even have my back...?

Any of yall in biracial relationships and your potential future in laws as aren't necessarily Trumps fans, but did and still will vote for him? After his whole Kung Flu thing last night, I just had a random epiphany that if they're still cool with Trump after all these racist remarks, what do they really think of me, and how much do they even have my back...?
The in laws a big part of your life? If not I wouldnt be so bothered. If they're still welcoming and see through those racist remarks just overlook it. In a 2 party democracy, maybe they just vote because hes just Republican.

my ex of 2 years was european american (that’s what white folks really need to be called) from a really wealthy suburb in silicon valley. suffice to say parents and elders are all conservatives and openly trumpers. i told her from the jump if we’re gonna work then she’s gotta be willing to be uncomfortable and correct them at family gatherings should they say something outta pocket. ive never coo with that “oh she/he’s just old and doesn’t know better” mentality; if my ex stayed quiet she knew my tongue was ready to fire off like an ak47. but often times i felt a few things: it’s not my place to come thru but and put white people on game and also that’s her responsibility to carry if she’s dating a man of color who’s conscious of racial dynamics. i needed to know this woman was ready to go to bat for me.

ultimately, my inability to let the microaggressions and implicit racism slide is what lead to us breaking up.

my ex of 2 years was european american (that’s what white folks really need to be called) from a really wealthy suburb in silicon valley. suffice to say parents and elders are all conservatives and openly trumpers. i told her from the jump if we’re gonna work then she’s gotta be willing to be uncomfortable and correct them at family gatherings should they say something outta pocket. ive never coo with that “oh she/he’s just old and doesn’t know better” mentality; if my ex stayed quiet she knew my tongue was ready to fire off like an ak47. but often times i felt a few things: it’s not my place to come thru but and put white people on game and also that’s her responsibility to carry if she’s dating a man of color who’s conscious of racial dynamics. i needed to know this woman was ready to go to bat for me.

ultimately, my inability to let the microaggressions and implicit racism slide is what lead to us breaking up.
Thanks for sharing your story and experience fam. Kinda gotta reassess everything

Decent prices, looks like mi jangs havent discovered that joint yet.

This fusion spot by my work tried to charge me $9 for a grilled pork. Wanted to slap the gentrification off his face.
Some have, this Shop is pretty much in the ghetto. H*** walking around throughout the day, but I noticed a lot of hipsters been finding out about this place.

LOL...Youre in SoCal? i won’t be paying $9 for one too, especially from a fusion place.

Back
Top Bottom