Asian Culture Discussion Thread

wow how much was this?

Retail was $89.99 ordered 6/2018.
10% off newsletter signup disco first order.
Then they had a $10 off coupon so ordered another for my Father.
Both free ship/no tax.
Site:
https://www.pelesoccer.com/

Edit:
Design rivals the 2014/15 Real Madrid x Yohji Yamamoto 3rd jersey I have.
Caution this design and a lot of soccer jerseys in general get counterfeit. A Lot of fakes.

Last edited:
yeeesh that china kit is fire

too bad taiwan aint relevant enough lmao

i bought a hat for the WBC, dunno where it is now

a vietnamese chef spoke to the tension that exists between the pricing of food and how America(Americans) view the worth of a culture. I really vibe with the point he's making. yelpers/"foodies" will pay $15 for a ham sandwich from some hipster spot without question, but will go on yelp to complain about a banh mi costing $5 because they didn't expect to pay that much. not saying that i'd be glad to pay $10 for a banh mi, but if that became industry standard, i'm still getting my cold cut combo with pate weekly.

i agree that a lot of the food we eat at restaurants is born out of working-class communities, so making it affordable is still important. but this could be said across all ethnicities/cultures. short of it being fine dining or a place using locally-sourced ingredients, there's no reason why people should expect viet and chinese food to cost any less than going to an italian restaurant..

https://sf.eater.com/2019/10/14/20910565/top-chef-alum-tu-david-phu-banh-mi-ten-dollars
I agree with the chef but to a certain extent. If you're charging $10+ for a banh mi it better be delicious AF and going the extra mile. If they make their own pate, head cheese, cha lua, bakes their own baguettes and etc. I dont mind paying more especially for a sandwhich that is more complex than a ham sandwhich. If its basic AF, just like beacon ave south beacon ave south said, I'll go with the cheaper option. I prefer to overpay for quality and not just the dish, no matter if its a sandwhich, soup or dish from any kid of ethnic or american food.

The price point tho I feel like we ourselves do have some fault in. We kind of devalue or own labor and craft that goes into making our basic foods. I dont blame him for wanting to charge more for a sandwhich that's very similar to something else someone is charging 2-3x more for. If a chef can throw in pasta noodles with tomato sauce and cheese and sell it for $20 why cant a chinese chef sell Zhajiang mian for $20? We kind of set that double standard on ourselves because we dont expect our own foods to be worth more or willing to pay more.

Was able to pickup the 2018 China black away jersey on lowkey US site at slight promo code discount when released. Not that have any feelings for their national team, but fire design. Sold out super fast everywhere and actual jersey was never approved for competition.
Enter the Dragon.

nike-china-2018-away-kit%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Damn, this is fire. Nowhere to grab this anymore except the bay i'm assuming

Followup:
Ignorant leftist ivory tower stooge on leave and deleted his Twit account. So those were all his real posts. Had few other notable ones.

Drama gets even better if followup is true.
Read down this whole thread. See his initial reply.

His Twitter (if true).

Check out his account banner and statement.

Blue State Liberal Democrat. No surprise.
Said this multi times before: experienced much more ignorant racism while working in Bay Area than growing up in Midwest. The hypocrisy of the Left.
The Irony.

I never changed nor Anglicized my given name as a matter of personal preference when entering kindergarten. Not that hard to pronounce, not my problem. But I can understand if others choose a nickname or English name.

(Not “Tanner” though. Not my style)
:wink:

thoughts?

Great for everyone except Asians. How about instead of race/gender you profile students based on household income/median income of their hometown? smh

thoughts?

People’s Republic of Kaleeforneeia doing a great job of taking that Left u turn over the edge. Run their social experiments right into the ground. Can’t even fix public school education from bottom to top and this is the issue they want to focus on.
Brilliant.

One of the things Asian Americans could lean on was always insane work ethic for their education. Now that's slowly being taken away. Man....

Back
Top Bottom