Asian Culture Discussion Thread

+ unlimited lemon tea

smoked duck pizza, pizza bread, escargot as well :pimp:

and then hit either phoenix or the half and half down the street

good times .. good times.
Go check out Tea Brick if you haven’t...best boba shop in the area
I frequent that place a lot lol

Haven’t been back to Taiwan for 4 years. All types of feels :frown: missing the $1 greasy breakfast of champions.

On another note, was in NYC last week and walked from 52nd all the way to Baohaus and they still closed for renovation.

Haven’t been back to Taiwan for 4 years. All types of feels :frown: missing the $1 greasy breakfast of champions.

On another note, was in NYC last week and walked from 52nd all the way to Baohaus and they still closed for renovation.

Flying out to Taipei tomorrow for two weeks.

Bout to **** up all the weight I lost past couple months :rofl:

Taipei street food>>>>>>>>

Don't worry about the weight gain. It should be nice weather there now, so you can walk it off :lol:

Yeah my phone was telling me I was avging like 20k steps a day last time I was there :lol:

just thought i'd post a Japanese song I like. Anyone else listen to any foreign music? Been listening to a lot of Korean rap/indie bands and some J rock lately.

hyukoh's one of my favorite artist from Korea right now. Whats crazy is I found out about him a few years back on tumblr. never thought he'd get so big.

First time flying United to Taipei.

Outside of movie selections, pure trash compared to EVA airlines smh.

Yea i would never fly american for intl travel.
Yup, I'd rather pay the extra 1-200. The savings aren't worth the cramped seats, terrible customer service, constant delays, and plane malfunctions

Singapore Airlines, EVA, ANA, Korean Air, Cathay Pacific, Asiana>>>>>>

All of them destroy any Western (expanding from American because the major European ones have fallen off HARD in the past decade and are just as trash now too ) but Singapore is the best overall though. Best food, seats, entertainment, and female flight crew :pimp: :lol: Also, nothing beats a connection at Changi Airport (Incheon is cool too but still not at the same level) . Love that place. Every time I fly back to SF or LA from there I feel like ***@ due to how outdated and run down the airports are

Last edited:
i always fly with cathay pacific when i go to HK, watch the latest movies or play snes emulator games while you getting wasted on johnny walker and champagne and the flight attandants are all super hot

Asian tourism and hospitality is just better in general. Get a 5 star hotel in Asian and compare that to a 5 star in Europe/America. Difference is astounding.

Asian tourism and hospitality is just better in general. Get a 5 star hotel in Asian and compare that to a 5 star in Europe/America. Difference is astounding.

I flew on Air France a couple of years ago; the cabin crew just left a tray of drinks and peanuts in the area where they pull the trays of food out from :lol: I'm not the type that makes a big deal about being catered to, but I can't imagine that happening on a major Asian airline :lol:

The major Asian airlines also give you meals no matter how short the flights are. For example, my flight from Singapore to Phuket was 2 hours, but I still got a complete meal that was pretty good. I flew from SF to NYC before (almost 7 hours), and all I got was a miniature packet of pretzels....It's pretty ridiculous. Even the European airlines at least give you a basic sandwich or something that will hold you down.

I wouldn't complain if I was flying on a budget airlines, but United, American, Delta are supposed to be international brands. I don't understand how they just don't give a @#$@

Man United was just :rofl:

EVA got fine attendants as well. Plus they all like 5'7+. I swear all the United female attendants needed help pushing up the overhead compartments.

Food was PURE TRASH. Cold stale bread with meals. They served us this 4 inch sub style sandwich with cinnamon apples and cheese for a snack. I was like what the **** is this? Man the only saving grace was the fact I flew Economy+ so the leg room was more than adequate for me. Like 50+ movies and shows. Plus charge ports.

The one older dude flight attendant was super cool tho, hooked it up with sodas and stuff.
But man other than that. :lol:

But I can't complain cause I didn't buy the ticket, plus it was significantly cheaper. But still.

Man United was just :rofl:

EVA got fine attendants as well. Plus they all like 5'7+. I swear all the United female attendants needed help pushing up the overhead compartments.

Food was PURE TRASH. Cold stale bread with meals. They served us this 4 inch sub style sandwich with cinnamon apples and cheese for a snack. I was like what the **** is this? Man the only saving grace was the fact I flew Economy+ so the leg room was more than adequate for me. Like 50+ movies and shows. Plus charge ports.

The one older dude flight attendant was super cool tho, hooked it up with sodas and stuff.
But man other than that. :lol:

But I can't complain cause I didn't buy the ticket, plus it was significantly cheaper. But still.

I had a last minute flight to Portugal a few years ago and was forced to take United.

1)Flight got delayed by 2 hours for "maintenance issues"
2)Flight finally took off
3)Halfway over the Atlantic Ocean, pilot announced he had to turn the plane back for "major mechanical issues"
4)We got back to the US. Waited SIX HOURS for a new plane to take us.
5)Got a $100 voucher for going through all this suffering :sick:

That was the last time I paid for United myself. I've had to take United for work after that, and I've still run into random cancellations, delays, mechanical problems, overbookings, etc. And of course, ZERO compensation for my trouble.

My dad and cousin had even worse experiences. My cousin went to Mexico for 3 days, and United shipped her luggage to Atlanta. She received her luggage the night before she had to come back to the US :lol:

Back
Top Bottom