Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Vietnamese girls from the US South = :blush:

I don't know why this made me laugh. :D

Idk you tell me
I'm Chinese and me and my fam aren't like that

This! I could care less about that neither. My family is pretty fobby.

Just curious, why did you join an Asian fraternity and not a general one?

I joined a general one, but not a social sorority. I just don't fit into a crowd of women like that. I joined a co-ed business fraternity. Best decision ever! The network is vast and definitely looks great on my resume.

You guys see Jackson Wang new music video starring Ben Baller on the big box premiere of Worldstar

I'll only eat rice with chopsticks if I can shovel it like goku does.

My friend said she was at dinner with her parents and they got embarrassed when she started eating with a spoon.

Cut the chicken Adobo with the spoon
Drag it to the white rice and scoop with some saws
Use the back of the fork to plow it in if necessary

As a kid, I always wondered why place settings at restaurants had a fork and a knife and no spoon. What the hell am I gonna plow into??

I use chopsticks and fork/spoon when appropriate. But if there's only chopsticks around, I will use them to eat anything. I've eaten American breakfasts, spaghetti, and various other foods that aren't usually consumed by chopsticks. I'm a little too Asian sometimes. :lol:

Bruh, same thing happened to me when I went to France, I just had never seen Asian cats speaking French and with strong French accents.

Ignorant, I know.

Bruh, you ever seen Asians speaking spanish in Dominican Republic?

That completely threw me off.

-Drew

Chopsticks are the most clutch cooking utensils, I check on things in the oven with chopsticks and flip over things when baking with chopsticks, my gf thought it was funny. I eat almost everything with chopsticks, I use a spoon when necessary like for soups or to scoop things but if chop sticks are around, that will be my go to choice of weapon.

Chopsticks are the most clutch cooking utensils, I check on things in the oven with chopsticks and flip over things when baking with chopsticks, my gf thought it was funny. I eat almost everything with chopsticks, I use a spoon when necessary like for soups or to scoop things but if chop sticks are around, that will be my go to choice of weapon.

No joke. They're more versatile than cooking utensils. I'm always using chopsticks for a variety of reasons, baking included. I feel like other utensils, you have to carefully switch and then you have to deal with the post-cooking clean up. With chopsticks, you're like, "oh cool, since I'm done cooking, I'll just use them to eat now!" - I feel like that's very Asian of me to do. Here's a list of things we do in our home, also:

- Use dishwasher as drying rack (don't worry, we do use the dishwasher for it's real purpose since my husband insists on it)
- Collect rubber bands
- Collect plastic trash bags
- Collect high quality take-out wear to reuse
- No shoes in the house, flip-flops to go in and out the house fast
- My dad used to plastic wrap the remote control to all his gear
- We keep an emergency supply of the following at all times: Sriracha, fish sauce, soy sauce, plum sauce, oyster sauce, etc.
- We have a dryer but my mom has a clothes drying rack that she uses, too

^Fortunately, my parents didn't have that. But they did have a wooden carving of The Last Supper.

Also, mom had the entire gas range covered in foil :smh:

Back
Top Bottom