Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Ugh so either my feet has grown or has gotten hella fat. I'm now on my way to lose weight but my normal 9.5 is not working when it comes to the Gel Lyte III. That signature split tongue ends up looking like a tiny 5' girl taking a a novelty horse dildo:smh:

Should've took my fat *** to Footlocker and got the right fit before purchasing these NS Grey's from Sneaker Politics. Guess its time to get my fatass back on the treadmill brb :rofl:

Take the insoles out or replace them with thinner ones.

repped for the hilarious mental pics- your wordplay sir, while crude and childish, is marvelous.

You welcome!

Take the insoles out or replace them with thinner ones.

Insole is already paper thin. Without lacing them up the split tongue is like about one inch apart from the furthest point.... Don't think I can really wear any Gel Lyte III's without this happening. Kind of sad..

I've always had a big waistline/breast area of my foot. Don't think its fat but pretty much I guess wider shoe is in order.

wear them on the treadmill and see if they stretch a bit 
laugh.gif

no way your feet are THAT wide if you already .5 upped

You welcome!
Insole is already paper thin. Without lacing them up the split tongue is like about one inch apart from the furthest point.... Don't think I can really wear any Gel Lyte III's without this happening. Kind of sad..

I've always had a big waistline/breast area of my foot. Don't think its fat but pretty much I guess wider shoe is in order.

This is common. One reason many of us size up .5 on GLIII.

Hi, can anyone help me track down a 9.5 US for this pair? 9 is too small and 10 is too long.

I saw there's a pair available from Asics page but I wanted to have a cheaper alternative. Possibly, with discount would be perfect!

Thanks in advance! It would be greatly appreciated.

Glad i picked up the birthday dinners tbh. I was pleasantly suprised with the color too. The upper and the outsole are a really light grey, while the midsole and the heel of the outsole is pure white. Throwing white laces in them really shows the tru color but i went withe the tonals. I couldnt tell any of that from the pics. The leather is really nice and supple and the leather liner is luxurious as always. The liner reminds me of the St. Alfreds. 

They do fit tighter than expected no doubt! Some of yall were talking about sizing down cause of the leather liner but im super glad i went with my normal size. They are quite a bit tighter than my leather lined tsavorites in the same size. They will probably stretch after a few wears tho.

Last edited:
More info of Made in Japan GLIII - via Sneaker Freaker

http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/2015/07/break-bread-with-the-designer-of-the-asics-gel-lyte-iii/
[h1]BREAK BREAD WITH THE DESIGNER OF THE ASICS GEL LYTE III[/h1]
ASICS Tiger announced recently that their very first Gel Lyte III in their Made In Japan range  will be arriving at select accounts from the 8th of August. To celebrate, ASICS Tiger Australia will be hosting two intimate dinners with special guest Mr. Shigeyuki Mitsui, the celebrated ASICS designer who designed the Gel Lyte III back in 1990.

Held in secret locations in Melbourne and Sydney on the 25th and 26th of August, menus inspired by details from the sneaker will be designed by Australia’s best Japanese chefs, with Sake and beverages prepared by the country’s only accredited Sake Master. Only 42 sneakerheads in the country will have the opportunity to dine with Mitsu-San, and if you really don’t want to miss out on this opportunity the only certain way you can secure a seat at the table will be to purchase one of forty pairs of the Made In Japan GLIIIs available on asicstiger.com.au  from midday on the 8th of August. Two additional tickets will be raffled off by ASICS Tiger retail partners Above the Clouds and Highs and Lows to make sure heads that go the ‘old-fashioned’ route of lining up for their sneaks will also get the chance to join in the celebrations, with flights and accommodation covered for the winner of the raffles.

If you’re a huge ASICS fan, there’s no way you could miss out on this chance! Mitsui-San is even blessing everyone with a personal gift on the night! Definitely a once in a lifetime event for the most hardcore ASICS head, we’ll see you at the bar!

Only 42 sneakerheads in the country will have the opportunity to dine with Mitsu-San, and if you really don’t want to miss out on this opportunity the only certain way you can secure a seat at the table will be to purchase one of forty pairs of the Made In Japan GLIIIs available on asicstiger.com.au  from midday on the 8th of August.
So does this mean 40 pairs will drop on the asicstiger US site on 8/8?

Awesome concept...but how hard will it be to get one of the 40 pairs. It will be impossible.
I believe its 300 pairs ww. But yeah going to be real difficult. Def need to know the right people for this one or be super lucky online.

Hi, can anyone help me track down a 9.5 US for this pair? 9 is too small and 10 is too long.

I saw there's a pair available from Asics page but I wanted to have a cheaper alternative. Possibly, with discount would be perfect!

Thanks in advance! It would be greatly appreciated.

You can get from SNS for 10 percent off with code SNEAKERS and pretty cheap worldwide shipping

Is it just me or do the Mita trico for really tight? Sold my 8.5 because the tongue didn't ****, just got a 9 and it's the same... Have the dirty bucks in an 8.5 and they fit perfect and my GRs and tea party's are in a 9 and again I have no issues...

Is it just me or do the Mita trico for really tight? Sold my 8.5 because the tongue didn't ****, just got a 9 and it's the same... Have the dirty bucks in an 8.5 and they fit perfect and my GRs and tea party's are in a 9 and again I have no issues...

not just you. Mitas do fit tigther than all my other GL3's which are my TTS of 9.5

not just you. Mitas do fit tigther than all my other GL3's which are my TTS of 9.5
good to know! guess I'll just swap the insoles out with a thinner set! glad I got them back though, they are better than what I had remembered!

Glad i picked up the birthday dinners tbh. I was pleasantly suprised with the color too. The upper and the outsole are a really light grey, while the midsole and the heel of the outsole is pure white. Throwing white laces in them really shows the tru color but i went withe the tonals. I couldnt tell any of that from the pics. The leather is really nice and supple and the leather liner is luxurious as always. The liner reminds me of the St. Alfreds. 

They do fit tighter than expected no doubt! Some of yall were talking about sizing down cause of the leather liner but im super glad i went with my normal size. They are quite a bit tighter than my leather lined tsavorites in the same size. They will probably stretch after a few wears tho.
Yeah, I should have gone with my normal GLIII size. .5 down isn't unwearable, but they are definitely more snug than I am used to. Guess I better hope I stretch them out.

Back
Top Bottom