Asics Love?!? Where is it?

I feel like I must be crazy late on this, but no matter, you can't actually order these. Just discovered the sole collector sole design app that lets you play around with some GLV colors. Don't know why the options are so limited but it's fun to mess around with. Did my usual color palettes just to see what I could come up with. I actually like the wheat pair that looks like the Monkey times the most :lol:

Renarts is having a decent sale. Not Asics, but I got the Saucony Bermuda 6000s and Blue Courageous' for $127.50 shipped. 25% off plus whatever they took off of the shoe if it was already on sale. Could get the Full Bloom Pack for $60ish per shoe:

http://shop.renarts.com/collections/asics

Code: Laborday2015

Has anyone tried painting the nylon liner of GL3s before?

Hoping to turn my grey tongue and sockliner black, but not sure whether the nylon will take a million coats before the black shows.

Last edited:

Little edit.
I done it on the patchwork gl3s here, close up it does look painted but not too bad. You need to thin your paint and add some Golden GAC-900 Fabric Painting Medium. It takes lots of coats and the first few don't look like they are doing much but soon it starts to thicken. I've not actually worn them since as would have preferred .5 up, so not sure how it holds up but the paint seems pretty flexible.

I done it on the patchwork gl3s here, close up it does look painted but not too bad. You need to thin your paint and add some Golden GAC-900 Fabric Painting Medium. It takes lots of coats and the first few don't look like they are doing much but soon it starts to thicken. I've not actually worn them since as would have preferred .5 up, so not sure how it holds up but the paint seems pretty flexible.

Glad to know it's possible. Thanks! I've done it once with a fleece sockliner and it was a bad idea. Once i used a heatgun to set the GAC/Paint the poly fleece crisped up and became really rough and hard.

Did you use a heatgun on yours btw?

Last edited:
^ Great shots.

Glad to know it's possible. Thanks! I've done it once with a fleece sockliner and it was a bad idea. Once i used a heatgun to set the GAC/Paint the poly fleece crisped up and became really rough and hard.

Did you use a heatgun on yours btw?
Just a bit of hair dryer action to speed things up.

^ Great shots.

Just a bit of hair dryer action to speed things up.
I read that you have to set the paint by heating it to a certain temp (300 F) for 3min to make the paint permanent.

Not sure if anyone else has put a heat gun to their sockliner?

I love them. they are number 2 to me. i really love the dirty bucks, they slightly edge these out imo

I love them. they are number 2 to me. i really love the dirty bucks, they slightly edge these out imo
dirty bucks are sweet. never found myself wanting to wear them, so i got rid of them because of the $$$$ that box got.

quality on my pair was great. i know some people got lame pairs. 

Depends. I sold a lightly worn pair recently for $120 shipped.

@joelom  My favorite 25th anniversary pair as well. Nice pics... as usual 
ebay?  I have mine up on there for the same, no bites yet.   Just trying to trade them off now, dont wear them ever.

ebay?  I have mine up on there for the same, no bites yet.   Just trying to trade them off now, dont wear them ever.

Yup. Was originally going to keep them as beaters, but never really wore them with all my other options in front of me.

Back
Top Bottom