Asics Love?!? Where is it?

not a huge fan of rope laces so swapped one shoe with flats from my mints. trying to figure out which one to use. lots of hate on this collab, but I really like them. it's not your typical pigskin suede quality probably because of the camo theme.

Last edited:
Never give Creme my money..

I actually like the material of the camo on the gl3..

Ballistic nylon mesh on asics is horrible. Almost guarantees the shoe will have a bad shape..

Koi cw is dope but quality is garbage. prob the reason why mine are still DS

Man, there was a lot of great info in these last 2 pages! The cockatoos were easily my biggest letdown all year. Holy Moly those are pure trash. Something I definitely didn't expect from Ronnie's team. :x

Curious what Asics fans thought of the 25th anny, quality-wise? Which ones are tops?

And how's the quality are the recent Slam Jams? Quality matters to me way more than colorway, which is why I'm heavily into Diadoras now. But there are a couple Asics I want to pick up, as well. Even the Blush Pink gl3s

Last edited:
Phone line busy... Called 35 times and no answer lol

I already had gotten them, so I didn't even bother trying. Then they posted the NMD digital camo R1 PK shrimp color for phone order right after. I swear, I must have called 200 times back to back. Busy, busy, busy, then I wrote on their IG post about it, saying they have the worst phone lines. I get through finally, they said they just sold the last pair. I go back to check their IG, to find out they blocked me, for saying they have the worst phone lines. :smh::lol:

Last edited:
Man, there was a lot of great info in these last 2 pages! The cockatoos were easily my biggest letdown all year. Holy Moly those are pure trash. Something I definitely didn't expect from Ronnie's team.
sick.gif

Curious what Asics fans thought of the 25th anny, quality-wise? Which ones are tops?

And how's the quality are the recent Slam Jams? Quality matters to me way more than colorway, which is why I'm heavily into Diadoras now. But there are a couple Asics I want to pick up, as well. Even the Blush Pink gl3s
25th annis were hit and miss.  Everyone rips on the koi's materials.  Yes they are like GR materials but I really like the cw.  I think the quality on them is pretty subjective.  I think Mita, Footpatrol, HAL, Hanon and Atmos had quality materials.

I don't own Slam Jams but from what I've heard, they have similar materials to the 5th dimension which were just normal materials.  Nothing premium.

Man, there was a lot of great info in these last 2 pages! The cockatoos were easily my biggest letdown all year. Holy Moly those are pure trash. Something I definitely didn't expect from Ronnie's team.
sick.gif

Cockatoos are supposed to be a wider GR release later in the year. Not really supposed to be a collab.

Man, there was a lot of great info in these last 2 pages! The cockatoos were easily my biggest letdown all year. Holy Moly those are pure trash. Something I definitely didn't expect from Ronnie's team. :x

Mita, FP, Atmos, HAL, Size?, and Cncpts were the best quality 25ths that I picked up last year. Kois feel like 2012 Jordans in terms of quality btw, still haven't worn my pair.

Last edited:
Mita, FP, Atmos, HAL, Size?, and Cncpts were the best quality 25ths that I picked up last year. Kois feel like 2012 Jordans in terms of quality btw, still haven't worn my pair.
mita suede was horrible tho. Between the gl3 and gl5 I must've had 15 pairs and not one was perfect. Major fail but great cw..

I bought a pair of the Alvin Purple re-issue.

Quality is terrible. Loose stitching, glue stains, stiff midsole (to walk on), small bits of fabric everywhere..

Was this standard? they dont look fake in an obvious way but the issues I mentioned above make me think they could be..? 

There were like 2 Size? ones, right? The reflective silver and green and another one. I actually like those.

Thoughts on Packers anny?

Quality is terrible. Loose stitching, glue stains, stiff midsole (to walk on), small bits of fabric everywhere..
Was this standard? they dont look fake in an obvious way but the issues I mentioned above make me think they could be..? 

Post photos, mine is great my fav pair

My alvin purps re-issues are one of my more comfortable GL3s actually.

In general the quality of the suede is decent, although the reissue has a problem with pinching on the nylon toebox.

Glue stains and loose stitching are just typical Asics QC unfortunately and could happen to any pair.

The stiff midsole is of some concern though, but you may just be unlucky with QC your pair.

The QC is worse than any asics i own, and i have around 20pairs. 

Visually they don't look fake, however the "suede" is GR standard at best, its synthetic. I also heard the same as the reply above that Alvins are very comfortable but I have GR's that are more comfortable than these, which makes me question the legitimacy.

On the box there is a sticker that says "Distributed by GIGA SPORTS SDN BHD"

This pic of the box may be a good indicator?

Last edited:
The QC is worse than any asics i own, and i have around 20pairs. 

Visually they don't look fake, however the "suede" is GR standard at best, its synthetic. I also heard the same as the reply above that Alvins are very comfortable but I have GR's that are more comfortable than these, which makes me question the legitimacy.

On the box there is a sticker that says "Distributed by GIGA SPORTS SDN BHD"

This pic of the box may be a good indicator?

Box can real but shoes are fake. Photos of shoes are better indicator.

Box can real but shoes are fake. Photos of shoes are better indicator.
yes usually, I posted the box incase anyone has gotten fakes through the distributor i mentioned, i thought the price label and distributor sticker could be a tell tale sign.

The alvins look real but really bad quality and a harder than normal midsole, I dont have another pair in hand to compare.

The toegard synthetic is low budget GR material.

Back
Top Bottom