Asics Love?!? Where is it?

i think i just have a personal problem with mesh :lol:. for whatever reason mesh toeboxes look/feel cheap to me. especially this mesh.

Last edited:
Y'all got me feeling real underwhelmed about my Atmos GL3's that are on the way :lol:

I'm really, really hoping I can say y'all are trippin' when they get here :\

Buy Asics for their colorways, not for their quality.
I mean, i guess CW can be main reason why Kois look so good but you really cannot mention Koi here when we talking about atmos camos. Materials on Kois are all premium. Rough grey suede and white leathers all feel good and they used so many different materials. Maybe you can say the red nubuck doesnt feel as premium as hyped RF pigskin suede. Atmos camos GL3/GLV are mesh and camo pattern printed on suede. They feel really stiff, rough, and cheap. Even if it has really good CW, this kind of quality literally kills it. No one cares about great CW on Cockatoo right? 0 hype going for under retail. They were pretty limited too. What if Cocaktoo had premium quality? Probably praising as one of the top releases of the year here

Last edited:

I mean, i guess CW can be main reason why Kois look so good but you really cannot mention Koi here when we talking about atmos camos. Materials on Kois are all premium. Rough grey suede and white leathers all feel good and they used so many different materials. Maybe you can say the red nubuck doesnt feel as premium as hyped RF pigskin suede. Atmos camos GL3/GLV are mesh and camo pattern printed on suede. They feel really stiff, rough, and cheap. Even if it has really good CW, this kind of quality literally kills it. No one cares about great CW on Cockatoo right? 0 hype going for under retail. They were pretty limited too. What if Cocaktoo had premium quality? Probably praising as one of the top releases of the year here
Kois materials do not feel premium at all to me. CW literally saves the shoe.

Don't have atmos GL3 in hand yet but I'll see whats up on Thursday. I really like the color so as long as they don't fit like trash with a stoopid puffy tongue then I'll be all for them.

i think i just have a personal problem with mesh :lol:. for whatever reason mesh toeboxes look/feel cheap to me. especially this mesh.
It's "ballistic nylon" probably why it doesn't feel like normal mesh. I guess they used that to go with the rough suede that people have been describing.

Koi materials are premium?
laugh.gif
Compared to atmos camos? 
laugh.gif

Point is any good CW needs at least some level of quality. People think Kois are bad quality mainly because they used too much rough suede and red suede are not those super soft pigskin suede.

Last edited:
Kois aiant that bad especially compared to these atmos. Material wise, it has variety of different materials that make them special but I think the reason a lot of people think it is in lower side among 25th is because gray part looks too dirty and rough. Sneakerworld loves soft suede and tumbled leather. I don't want to say materials on Kois are that bad. It is probably on the lower side among 25th but at least above average overall to me.

If people feel Kois quality is complete garbage, I would suggest staying away from duck camos lol

Last edited:
Compared to atmos camos? :lol:
Point is any good CW needs at least some level of quality. People think Kois are bad quality mainly because they used too much rough suede and red suede are not those super soft pigskin suede.

Kois are garbage quality wise, good cw though but still garbage.

It's "ballistic nylon" probably why it doesn't feel like normal mesh. I guess they used that to go with the rough suede that people have been describing.

I'm a big fan of ballistic nylon...so that's a plus.

My Tumi luggage and backpack last forever because of it.

didnt know that. is ballistic nylon stronger than normal mesh or something?

im also now realizing thats the same thing on my gold Atmos GLV too, is ballistic nylon a thing in Japan or something?

Last edited:
didnt know that. is ballistic nylon stronger than normal mesh or something?

im also now realizing thats the same thing on my gold Atmos GLV too, is ballistic nylon a thing in Japan or something?
Yes, ballistic nylon/mesh is stronger. You can feel that it's physically tougher than the softer mesh on volcanos, mints, etc. That's why I mentioned earlier atmos probably used it intentionally to go with the whole camo/military theme. It's the same material used on the uppers of the jordan XI's.

I thought I saw that cockatoos were releasing WW later this summer...

Not sure if posted, but @gucciP_MrLeaker on instagram posted these two upcoming GR beauties:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom