Asics Love?!? Where is it?

I bought a pair, $200 shipped. It took me awhile to decide but yeah, still super taxed. I gave them a piece of my mind about their shipping price on their IG.

what, they charge like 60 for intl shipping?? 130 euro ends up being $200 shipped? terrible.

SNS charges $10 for shipping and arrives 2 days later to the US west coast from Sweden. 60 for shipping? :lol:

Yeah it doesn't make sense. Same goes for domestic spots like kith or concepts. SNS and End can do 2 day air for $10 to $12 and some of these places charge the same for 5 to 7 day ground.

Let's not mention mr Porter with free delivery using dhl express in 2-3 days. Bundled with free return as well.
Am guessing it gotta do with corporate account size, that they do not have as much shopping volume compared to other retailers. Of course not entirely dependant, pocketing might contribute to it as well.

Patta shut me down real quick and even put an exclamation point, lol, RIP.

patta doesn't even subtract vat either. how does that work? do sites just pocket that money for intl orders? i remember seeing a message on one site saying they didn't subtract vat but offsetted that via free shipping.

patta doesn't even subtract vat either. how does that work? do sites just pocket that money for intl orders? i remember seeing a message on one site saying they didn't subtract vat but offsetted that via free shipping.
They prob just pocket it

I've always thought not refunding VAT should be illegal. High shipping is what it is but paying European tax is nonsense. I don't even have to pay sales tax from other states but I do from Europe?

I've always thought not refunding VAT should be illegal. High shipping is what it is but paying European tax is nonsense. I don't even have to pay sales tax from other states but I do from Europe?

As far as I can tell it IS illegal in the UK, and sites like Size?/JD Sports keep getting reported to the government but keep on charging VAT. The gist is that if they charge VAT (and they're not supposed to charge non-VAT regions like the US where the giods are delivered), that money needs to go to the gov't, and my guess is they're either not ponying up to Her Majesty or using the $/£'s to cover shady deals (backdoor, in-store releases, F&F hook-ups) where they don't register the transactions. But they have been reported for it in the past.

Last edited:
got the blue ranrus today.  they're an interesting shoe for sure.  love the materials and elaborate stitching throughout.

got the blue ranrus today.  they're an interesting shoe for sure.  love the materials and elaborate stitching throughout.
Nice, they look dope on feet, couldn't pass for like $100 shipped, mines should be here tomorrow.  

Nice, they look dope on feet, couldn't pass for like $100 shipped, mines should be here tomorrow.  
yeah $100 for these is awesome.  thanks to @MATRIX  for posting about the renarts sale.

still debating about the patta GL3.  the colorway looks really nice, but i'm a bit annoyed about the PAT (patta added tax) markup.

yeah $100 for these is awesome.  thanks to @MATRIX  for posting about the renarts sale.

still debating about the patta GL3.  the colorway looks really nice, but i'm a bit annoyed about the PAT (patta added tax) markup.
I did it earlier and tried to email Patta, got shut down.  It's a nice shoe though, I'll wear them.

Pattas dropping in the states later?
their site says "will only be available at the Patta stores in Amsterdam, London and online at patta.nl", but who knows maybe it's like a "kith exclusive" which can be sold everywhere, heh.

seems like they still have a ton of pairs, so i might hold out and see if they go on sale.

their site says "will only be available at the Patta stores in Amsterdam, London and online at patta.nl", but who knows maybe it's like a "kith exclusive" which can be sold everywhere, heh.

seems like they still have a ton of pairs, so i might hold out and see if they go on sale.

The whole drop is weird. It's clearly a Patta collab considering they're just about the GL3 version of the Karhu collab they dropped a while back. So I don't get why they made it a "Patta exclusive" like this instead of just slapping Patta on the back and dropping it everywhere like a normal collab.

Then the 48 euro shipping. If SNS can do it for 11.95, then so can Patta.

The whole drop is weird. It's clearly a Patta collab considering they're just about the GL3 version of the Karhu collab they dropped a while back. So I don't get why they made it a "Patta exclusive" like this instead of just slapping Patta on the back and dropping it everywhere like a normal collab.

Then the 48 euro shipping. If SNS can do it for 11.95, then so can Patta.

It's a SMU (special make up), which are usually exclusive to the collaborating store.

Back
Top Bottom