Asics Love?!? Where is it?

How do these compare to the last release (2008?) in your opinion? Trying to see if I can justify myself getting these too.

i never owned a pair of the 2008 version. but pics of those always looked horrible IMO, especially the shape. these ones have a decent shape.

I can see these being tough to get........

A9C5F31B-E10B-4792-B13C-42E301073215.jpeg
D7B9B863-C12D-4C26-8869-29ACF67F7DF9.jpeg
E83D8B64-4F5D-4DB8-8092-7BC49C464152.jpeg
098D1F03-4CAE-44A4-A2AA-EFF9FB7E2744.jpeg
319DF8A7-5A7E-4B8D-A006-86E8500D97EA.jpeg

Done a bit of digging and if these release exclusively at Mita they'll only be available for Japanese residents. Even though they've recently switched to a web based registration for their raffles the only options are in store pick up or shipping to Japanese addresses where they require cash on delivery (counting out reshipping services). They also do a "digital dress code" as part of the raffle registration where you have to take a photo wearing a certain pair or brand of sneakers, then post that photo to instagram with a specific hashtag.

Sneakerfreaker have hinted at a possible worldwide release in the future.

Done a bit of digging and if these release exclusively at Mita they'll only be available for Japanese residents. Even though they've recently switched to a web based registration for their raffles the only options are in store pick up or shipping to Japanese addresses where they require cash on delivery (counting out reshipping services). They also do a "digital dress code" as part of the raffle registration where you have to take a photo wearing a certain pair or brand of sneakers, then post that photo to instagram with a specific hashtag.

Sneakerfreaker have hinted at a possible worldwide release in the future.

These will 100% release worldwide as they're part of the 30th anniversary. Likely all the stores that got 25th anni pairs will get 30th anni. Asics hype has also dwindled considerably since 5 years ago. They'll be harder to get than some Asics releases of the last year or two, but I doubt they will have crazy high reseller pricing.

Wonder if all the shops from 25th anniversary will get a collab this time around; Ronnie already hinted at participating. Would be cool for Colette to come out of retirement to do a pair. Mita was the first shoe in 2015 followed by Packers in February.

Wonder if all the shops from 25th anniversary will get a collab this time around; Ronnie already hinted at participating. Would be cool for Colette to come out of retirement to do a pair. Mita was the first shoe in 2015 followed by Packers in February.

I was kind of hoping they'd keep the same shops. As for Colette, I can see them passing their collab to LAMJC.

I was kind of hoping they'd keep the same shops. As for Colette, I can see them passing their collab to LAMJC.

Good call on LAMJC, I thought Awake might get a shot, considering what a great job they did last year, if they decided to reshuffle some of the shops. I like the Mitas, Sneaker Politics says they are releasing them tomorrow:

Man, I'm tempted to buy my 10.5 right now. I think I might wait it out though.

*edit*
Damn, they sold out.

Last edited:
Glad you guys were able to cop, I grabbed a pair as well. Possibly these hit discount, but who really knows. If they do sit it will be a good barometer of the rest of the 30th collection (assuming there is one). 25th anni pairs were pretty hard to get, would be nice if this time around were easier.

Just grabbed my pair instore. A word of advice, these do NOT fit small like past GLIII, at least for me. Almost all of my GLIII are .5 up from my TTS, but these are perfect TTS, not even snug in TTS. They would def be way too big if I went .5 up. Again that's just for me and everyone has diff feet, but just in case.

Just grabbed my pair instore. A word of advice, these do NOT fit small like past GLIII, at least for me. Almost all of my GLIII are .5 up from my TTS, but these are perfect TTS, not even snug in TTS. They would def be way too big if I went .5 up. Again that's just for me and everyone has diff feet, but just in case.

Is it the width? I just tried to go .5 down on the OG citrus and had to exchange them. It looks like there's leather and that usually rubs on my pinky toe

Is it the width? I just tried to go .5 down on the OG citrus and had to exchange them. It looks like there's leather and that usually rubs on my pinky toe

On old GLIII (Like the Mita 25th) If I went TTS they were snug but wearable length wise, but the width was too narrow. The split tongue wouldn't close. On these 30th Anni, TTS width and length is completely fine, the split tongue zips up with no issues at all and doesn't feel tight or snug.

Back
Top Bottom