Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Okay thanks for help. I'll see what other people are saying about the sizing too.

I wear a 8.5 in Nike, but 9 in KD/Lebron/Kobe since they fit about half size small. Does anybody have any of those three shoes plus the Total Eclipses, and comment on sizing?

Okay thanks for help. I'll see what other people are saying about the sizing too.

I wear a 8.5 in Nike, but 9 in KD/Lebron/Kobe since they fit about half size small. Does anybody have any of those three shoes plus the Total Eclipses, and comment on sizing?
I wear a 9.5 in NB, Jordan, Nike (except Air max's I wear 10) and Lebron 9's and Asics Im a 10. I would go a half size up from what you wear in Nikes/Jordans. GL3's run narrow so def go half size up if you have a somewhat wide foot, like me. 

Struck out on the eclipses :frown:. If i can find them on ebay or craigslist for around $250 i'd take them but i think that may be wishful thinking. oh well i got lucky and got the leatherbacks at retail last year so I can't complain too much.

on a positive note i think these things swallowed up all the asics hype cuz i was able to just cop a pair of foot patrols on ebay for 160 shipped :smile:. anyone have pics of them on foot? i swear they look really weirdly shaped in some pics but great in others.

hey kip2mylou, i wear a size 8.5 in kd iv's...size 9 in lebron ix's...size 8.5 in aj iv's...size 8.5 in oly powerlines...size 8.5 in grid 9000's...size 8.5 in gel-lyte iii's...

so based on your sizes, i don't think a size 8 in gel-lyte iii's will fit you, esp. if you say your foot is slightly wide (just like mine), as they tend to run a bit narrow...so i think you should definitely look for size 8.5 in gel-lyte iii's...

Im a size 8.5, and accidently got an 8 and they definately AREN'T comfortable so i say they go true to size.

As for my first ronnie fieg shoe, i still don't see anything special with the "quality" people seem to attach to any shoe he makes, its really no different to any other shoe i've had before. Guess i expected too much?

Last edited:
His New Balance quality is really good, but you can say that about every New Balance collab especially the SEALS.

And thanks for the help. I think I'm going to try and hunt down a 8.5. 

His New Balance quality is really good, but you can say that about every New Balance collab especially the SEALS.

And thanks for the help. I think I'm going to try and hunt down a 8.5. 

I got a size 8.5 in the Asics Eclipse but I wear size 9 KD's Lebrons and Airmax because of my wide feet. I'll let you know if they fit because I'll be getting them tomorrow.

I got a size 8.5 in the Asics Eclipse but I wear size 9 KD's Lebrons and Airmax because of my wide feet. I'll let you know if they fit because I'll be getting them tomorrow.
If they don't fit I'll take them off your hands for retail.

Last edited:
Im a size 8.5, and accidently got an 8 and they definately AREN'T comfortable so i say they go true to size.
As for my first ronnie fieg shoe, i still don't see anything special with the "quality" people seem to attach to any shoe he makes, its really no different to any other shoe i've had before. Guess i expected too much?

its the quality of Asics collabs as compared to their GR that is much better. collabs have the ability to use MUCH better leathers, suedes and meshs then GRs because they can charge more for them and asics knows they will still sell. and as far as his NBs i feel that his two are actually on the lower end of the quality scale when compared to my other NBs. not so much the materials but just the construction of those two seems like they were rushed.

^I agree. I compared my Salmon Soles to my WESTNYCs and the WEST blow all of the RF collabs out of the water. Truly a beautiful shoe. That siad, I can't wait to see my Eclipses. I have heard great things about them.

^yep, and when i put them side by side the cncpts 999s just make the steel blues look sloppy.

hey whats the word on those grey/green gl3s? any more news and whered you see them?

its the quality of Asics collabs as compared to their GR that is much better. collabs have the ability to use MUCH better leathers, suedes and meshs then GRs because they can charge more for them and asics knows they will still sell. and as far as his NBs i feel that his two are actually on the lower end of the quality scale when compared to my other NBs. not so much the materials but just the construction of those two seems like they were rushed.
this is the truth. this is the main reason even people that dont fall for the collab hype pass on GRs, the quality isnt really there so you really really have to like the color blocking to swing you over, or if youre cheap like me, get them on the low when it hits clearance.
i dont own any rf NBs so i cant speak about his finished product compared to other NBs, but i can tell you i have noticed a drop off in quality in newer products compared to stuff not made in the last couple of years. it's just the way it goes i guess. NB GRs are still the best in use of materials compared to other brands though.

the pics of the rf samples came from jeff staple's projectreed show a couple months ago. i guess no one here remembers rf actually had those knicks gt quick samples from back in his davidz days. i dont recall ever seeing the gl3, but my guess is that was just another sample he came up with and kept. it looks more like a display of stuff rather than a preview of a release around the corner. but with his recent success im sure he could pump those out and people would gobble it up instantly.

Last edited:
^I agree. I compared my Salmon Soles to my WESTNYCs and the WEST blow all of the RF collabs out of the water. Truly a beautiful shoe. That siad, I can't wait to see my Eclipses. I have heard great things about them.
Yes definitely. Not that the salmon soles are bad quality wise, because the craftsmanship and quality is good, but the Seals and alpine guides are on a whole different level.

I always thought the split tongue on the GL3 didn't look like it would be that comfortable  and seemed more aesthetically pleasing, but after wearing my first pair, I think it is amazing and super comfy, love how it hugs and wraps around the foot. Looks like i am hooked now...Thats all i need is another shoe to become addicted to. lol. 

a little something for the fans that just don't have last month's runners.
afew-koi-klub-asics-gel-lyte-iii-reworked-2.jpeg

p.s. these are only a few months old. will wait for the quick google searches and posts saying they knew about them
mean.gif
these was a one-of-one release, just like the bumblebees

these was a one-of-one release, just like the bumblebees
From my knowledge, there are more than 1. I know Yoske Nishiumi has one as well as the owner of Afew. There was no public release, but multiple pairs were made and given out.

Last edited:
Dating back to 2002, ASICS continue their German ‘Koi Klub' releases, a name taken from Yoske Nishiumi's monthly club night of the same name. A celebration of all things Japan, Düsseldorf's afew store got in on the action, hand crafting this beautiful one-of-one Gel Lyte III. Featuring premium leather and Japanese denim, the silhouette has been altered ether so slightly to give the shoe a more streamlined OG feel. Afew are being cagey as to whether this is the forerunner to an actual release, but in the meantime check out the making-of pics below, and hit up afew for more." SNEAKERFREAKER
afew-koi-klub-asics-gel-lyte-iii-reworked-2.jpeg

Last edited:
1-of-1 looks much better than 1-of-4. I'll try to find the pic of Yoske standing next to the display case wearing the shoes themselves. I still want these so I'm hopeful they actually release.

Back
Top Bottom