Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Just my opinion but it's a little sad that very ordinary looking (yeah, yeah...premium materials) sneakers create this much commotion because of how limited they are and the name attached to them. Gel Lyte IIIs for $145 and then people willing to pay well over that on the resell market? It's amazing the direction things have gone and how previously passed over brands and shoes like Asics & New Balance now create a frenzy because of the exclusivity in certain releases and everyone follows along, whether they want to admit it or not.

never heard rl say they're/he is changing the game. never heard taka h hype up his collabs. jeff staple self proclaiming anything? nope. again. used car salesman is to fieg as fieg is to an even slower looking david blaine.

Bro... RL does all sorts of advertisement.. Not to mention product placement.. Plus he has a slew of ignorant rappers and celebs giving free publicity. Comparing RF to a GLOBAL brand isn't even the same type of game. The fact that you and I are even talking about this is a testament to his marketing. Jeff Staple, while successful, doesn't have the same level of hype, nor the vehement collectors that Ronnie has.. his drops aren't as frequent either.
yeah........no. i don't think you're grasping the concept. i'm aware that all brands have some form of advertisement. however, most if not all established brands don't need to tout their superiority. it's already a given. there's a difference between "Ralph Lauren 2012 Fall Collection: Coming Soon" and "these pants are going to change the game" followed by a slew of tweets about working hard and earning respect. that's why i compared his tactics to the likes of a fad like diamond supply. product placement and an association to the music industry is much different than self proclamations. do you get that or are we going to go full circle on this? doesn't matter what type of game, level, class, etc. you're in, marketing is marketing. some are good and clean. and then some are like fieg's. the fact that you and i are even talking about this is because he's able to successfully push out products the market would otherwise dispose of. why do you think crap sells out on his site while you can find most of his non-collabs elsewhere? don't blame me, blame yourself for falling for it. it's great marketing for him and he accomplishes his goal. the point that you don't get is that it still doesn't make it any less grimey. i'm not questioning his success on marketing. i'm telling you my opinion on the way he goes about it. there's a difference. learn it. understand it. accept it.

either way, he got my money. in return, i will flip that pair and buy OTHER brands not associated with him and still have change left over.

p.s. staple's doesn't drop as much because he doesn't sell-out. he's turned down a lot of collabs while fieg will take any shoe or product as long as it comes with a paycheck. he's a pump man.

p.p.s. staple has a much larger following than fieg on a global scale. don't get mad that you got caught up in the hype and didn't realize that.

I'm not a big fan of Fieg's tweets. Four days ago, he tweeted: 
"We do it to be the best. Anything less is unacceptable."
I wouldn't consider the release of the Total Eclipse GL3s to be "the best."

I'm not a big fan of Fieg's tweets. Four days ago, he tweeted: 

I wouldn't consider the release of the Total Eclipse GL3s to be "the best."
If you gotta tell people how great you are, you ain't.  I think RF is very hit or miss.  When he hits it's some of the nicest lookin stuff I've seen.  When he misses (the eclipse is not for me ugh but i really liked the byello ks and LOVE my blueberrys)... but it's apparent that he's carved out a strong enough niche that he can't miss anymore.  And that's the definition of competitive stagnation.  I don't even know what kind of look half of his most recent collections are going for, the best I can guess is a sort of psuedo street/metro that just looks bastardly if you ask me (rolled cuffs on pleats wtf)... I started likin Kith cuz of Oliver but RF is definitely high on himself and I think it's clear he works his *** off when you look at how many pieces he's dropping on the regular, but I think he'd be better suited being more selective and releasing fewer individual pieces in greater quantities. 

Antidote you are just spewing hypocrisy now.

And saying a lot doesn't make you right, it just makes you look like your trying to hard.

You have an opinion. Great. Until you learn to convey it without putting others down then you will never have anyone's respect...

If you gotta tell people how great you are, you ain't.  I think RF is very hit or miss.  When he hits it's some of the nicest lookin stuff I've seen.  When he misses (the eclipse is not for me ugh but i really liked the byello ks and LOVE my blueberrys)... but it's apparent that he's carved out a strong enough niche that he can't miss anymore.  And that's the definition of competitive stagnation.  I don't even know what kind of look half of his most recent collections are going for, the best I can guess is a sort of psuedo street/metro that just looks bastardly if you ask me (rolled cuffs on pleats wtf)... I started likin Kith cuz of Oliver but RF is definitely high on himself and I think it's clear he works his *** off when you look at how many pieces he's dropping on the regular, but I think he'd be better suited being more selective and releasing fewer individual pieces in greater quantities. 
not sure what byello ks are, but blueberries, if youre referring to the gl3s, weren't even his. they were a GR outlet shoe that somehow magically turned into a cash-in for resellers after kith sold them. i dont know if that changes your opinion about him, but just wanted to let you know.

Man oh man ANTIDOTE. You, my friend, are just mad you didn't score your size.. No amount of arguing will bring these shoes back to you. I wish I could gift you a pair, just so you can be at peace.. I'm not caught in any hype by the way... If you hate him so much, why did you try so hard to cop and even cop a size that wasn't yours??

In none of my posts do I indicate that I have "fallen for hype".. You have just proved yourself to be an ignorant "hype" fellow yourself. RL and RF are 2 different entities. STAPLE uses the same exact tactics that RF does, they are even a part of the same think tank bro. You should look around before tossing around your blind assertions. You don't know Jeff Staple, you don't know RF. you bought a size 7. You did better than most in here. Be happy and lower your sodium dude. They are just shoes by the way...

Last edited:
PS if everyone would have scored their pair, we would hear nothing but praise about the Kith brand.. It goes like that sometimes. Can't please everyone 100% of the time. Even funnier is how dude is coming at me with misplaced anger.. Sorry to add foolishness to a harmless discussion.. Back to the shoes.

Antidote you are just spewing hypocrisy now.

And saying a lot doesn't make you right, it just makes you look like your trying to hard.

You have an opinion. Great. Until you learn to convey it without putting others down then you will never have anyone's respect...
i have a feeling you may not know what hypocrisy means. i have an opinion that was prefaced by facts. not opinion. interesting post though.

not to nitpick, but it's "you're" as well as "too". eesh.

Man oh man ANTIDOTE. You, my friend, are just mad you didn't score your size.. No amount of arguing will bring these shoes back to you. I wish I could gift you a pair, just so you can be at peace.. I'm not caught in any hype by the way... If you hate him so much, why did you try so hard to cop and even cop a size that wasn't yours??

In none of my posts do I indicate that I have "fallen for hype".. You have just proved yourself to be an ignorant "hype" fellow yourself. RL and RF are 2 different entities. STAPLE uses the same exact tactics that RF does, they are even a part of the same think tank bro. You should look around before tossing around your blind assertions. You don't know Jeff Staple, you don't know RF. you bought a size 7. You did better than most in here. Be happy and lower your sodium dude. They are just shoes by the way...
the difference is that i like to get my size in any release as real men's sized shoes are typically easier to flip and net a larger profit on. considering you're most likely napoleon bonaparte sized judging by the size 9 you need, you may not know that. you can go back in this thread and read that i really don't care for the eclipses. no salt, sodium or what have you. just mad that i couldn't get a bigger turn around in hyped up shoes. the only fieg shoes that i've kept have been the leatherbacks as i genuinely like them. other than that, i've scored on each release minus the salmon toes.

looks like you JUST post in here to talk about fieg or strictly limited releases. if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it _____________________. you call it being ignorant, i call it being observational.

still don't get why you keep attempting to separate ralph lauren and fieg when no one is saying they are the same. this is marketing. marketing is marketing. it's on a small scale and large scale. do i need to inform you on economics or do you like repeating yourself as well as stating the obvious? i'm talking about tactics and strictly tactics. staple is staple. jeff ng is jeff staple. twitter is free. you can gladly browse his tweets and see absolutely no similarities between him and fieg other than promoting a product. one just does it more tastefully. if you want to get personal, yes, i do know and have met jeff so that's why i can safely say he has dismissed a lot of collaboration opportunities as to not saturate his brand/image. i don't know rf personally, but his story is not a diamond in the rough. it's pretty clear how he goes about business. both are successful. you can't take that away. will one of them most likely fade away? probably.

PS if everyone would have scored their pair, we would hear nothing but praise about the Kith brand.. It goes like that sometimes. Can't please everyone 100% of the time. Even funnier is how dude is coming at me with misplaced anger.. Sorry to add foolishness to a harmless discussion.. Back to the shoes.
even before this, kith wasn't on a lot of people's good side. just looks like you like to pick and choose where your statements are aimed at and not hit everything else around them. sad really, mi amigo.

Last edited:
not sure what byello ks are, but blueberries, if youre referring to the gl3s, weren't even his. they were a GR outlet shoe that somehow magically turned into a cash-in for resellers after kith sold them. i dont know if that changes your opinion about him, but just wanted to let you know.
sry that's the black/yellow GL3 kithstrike.

I guess I always assumed with the level of detail in the texture on the toe cap and the bubble print on the midsole that they were his design.  That does change things cuz now I pretty much only like the Steel Blues and the last kithstrikes (but maybe those weren't him either?)  Either I'm an idiot or he takes credit for a lot of stuff haha

Prolly lil of both

ANTIDOTE... Bro, you are really going hard over some shoes man... Your blood pressure must be so high with all of the salt man. Instead of the shoes, I'll like to gift you some CADUET to lower your levels. You are mad at the wrong people. You WOULD NOT be complaining if you got your size.. Then you flip it and say you are a reseller. Good for you man. A lot of anger over some shoes you just planned to sell... I call BS on you bro. It's all good. I can be a NAPOLEON. That's cool. You are on the INTERNET. Arguing over something you wish you could have copped with people you don't know. Your anger just lets me know that you are upset with your lifestyle. Don't pass your insecurities on to me fam. You need a hug bro.. You need to snuggle up close to some cheeks.. You need something because all of these posts further verify my point..

Ronnie has always been the devil because his products has always been a pain to cop. I repeat, if everyone scored, there would be no complaints. I hope you succeed with your reselling though. I hope you get all in life that makes you happy. Don't reply. You won't get another one out of me. Just trying to help you see the bigger picture.

dont even bother justifying yourself Ego, this dude is just a fly.

BACK TO THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD my eclipses came in yesterday and i am pleasantly surprised. i love that the suede is noticeably more navy than the black leather on the toe, especially in brighter lighting. i dont know, i think one of the reasons i was so geeked when i finally saw them was that these were his first gl3 since the leatherbacks. dont get me wrong, i love my gt2s and sagas, but there is just something special about a nice pair of gl3s. got me psyched about the HAL Gl3s and the next Slamjams now!

Asics back in the 90's and early 2000"s didnt appeal to me much. But theyve definitely stepped up their colors and materials. Theyre comfort level is pretty good as well. I still cant buy myself a pair tho :lol:, Im a swoosh head for life

dont even bother justifying yourself Ego, this dude is just a fly.
BACK TO THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD my eclipses came in yesterday and i am pleasantly surprised. i love that the suede is noticeably more navy than the black leather on the toe, especially in brighter lighting. i dont know, i think one of the reasons i was so geeked when i finally saw them was that these were his first gl3 since the leatherbacks. dont get me wrong, i love my gt2s and sagas, but there is just something special about a nice pair of gl3s. got me psyched about the HAL Gl3s and the next Slamjams now!

I can't wait to see my pair. There are supposed to be here tomorrow. I'd like to see more info about the slam jams. They should be very sick in the summer.

sry that's the black/yellow GL3 kithstrike.

I guess I always assumed with the level of detail in the texture on the toe cap and the bubble print on the midsole that they were his design.  That does change things cuz now I pretty much only like the Steel Blues and the last kithstrikes (but maybe those weren't him either?)  Either I'm an idiot or he takes credit for a lot of stuff haha

Prolly lil of both
The Black / Yellow Kithstrikes aren't his design either. They're an older release that got a refresh by adding the yellow / black cord laces. 

@veristeri yeah the blue is lifhrercthan expected . I feel like my 10.5 is tts but I'll try them on later today to make sure.. the black laces are terrible.the rope laces came in. I just wish they had blue rope laces

Got my Eclipses in yesterday as well. The navy suede is very noticeable when compared to the black, and then adding the red rope laces really makes them pop. Can't really imagine anyone putting the other pair of red laces in there though. Thought they were a little out of place. Very pleased with my pair though!

some quick iphone pics to try to show the texture contrast outdoors..

edit: wow just noticed that second photo looks uber photoshopped, damn white car..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom