Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Yea, I guess you're right..I'm really feeling these shoes, the color combination is just too awesome
happy.gif
Yeah they're one of my favorite kicks that I own haha. Really, really awesome shoe. I need the Wildcat II's though :frown:

On the thin sock talk. Drymax hyper thins have been holding it down for me. Usually tts 9 but was able to roll with 8.5 gt2 pretty well.

nice aqua navy's up there!

got a size 13 locked down, but i need a 12... gonna settle for the 13 i think and just double up on socks.

wanted them for a long time.

With this year winding down, what would you guys say your number 1 Asics pick up was this year. I would have to go with the Mortars... 

Last edited:
With this year winding down, what would you guys say your number 1 Asics pick up was this year. I would have to go with the Mortars... 
I wish I could have said that lol ... ive only picked up 4 GL3s but #1 would be either UCs or Maroons

Some GRs are on sale at PYS.com again

Repped. Those grey gl3s are looking very tempting for $82 again after regretting passing last time. My only problem is that I prefer the grey>burgandys and I just copped DS burgandy's for $91 so I'd have to sell those cause I'm trying to limit my purchases. :smh: Can't decide what to do.

I'd have to say copperheads, everything about em is perect to me.
Wish i could say st. a's...but haven't found a pair for the right price after sleeping on the release :smh:
Phantom Lagoons too, but I got screwed out of those :rolleyes

Last edited:
miami's are my fav asics this year. the green rope laces and orange accents really set them off, otherwise i prolly woulda passed since they're so close to the mint leaf's, which i already have.

mortars were an easy pass for me, cuz i think infrared accents woulda been way better than the burgundy. it's too dull for me, i prefer the muted grey and white accents on the grey nice kicks 2.0's than burgundy.

the navy / orange GL3 GR's are a close second. the suede is nice on them, and the colorway is as close to navy / infrared as i'm gonna get i suppose.

the black / mint saga's are awesome, they're my first and only saga so far. i've never been a saga fan, but i love 'em, just not with the mint laces... i got some black and white ropes in them that work, and flat black also works.

i liked the phantom lagoons until i saw normal, unedited pix of them... they're still ok, and i might pick them up one day, but not for inflated prices.

the urban camos are a decent quality GR, and simple and clean colorway. people are complaining about the quality, but those of us who've been up on asics for a long time know these are great quality compared to their usual GR's, so there's not much to complain about.

i saw those burgundy and blue GL3's in david z while in NYC a couple days ago, and they're much better looking in person. the suede on them is nice. might pick them up if i catch them on sale somewhere.

over all tho, imo, this has been a weak year for asics collabs, imo. def the weakest year for RF (which is ironic since his ECP pack has been his biggest success and most hyped so far)... i've been collecting asics since about 2008 and this year i prolly bought less asics than all previous years b4. not complaining tho, it's been good for my wallet. haha.

i saw the volcano's in person on some kith clones (they looked like the type to only wear RF's latest pair to stay current with the hype, and then they'll stop wearing them soon and move onto the next one he drops) in soho the other day and wasn't super impressed, tho i'm sure they are super comfortable.

those GR GL5's titolo just started taking preorders for are sick, and the only GL5 i HAVE to have so far. just hope the comfort is the same as i hear about the vocano's (might just take sticking a memory foam insole in them to achieve that tho)...

Quick shot of the 3M lace swap for anyone interested. 

not bad. i prefer the predominantly black ropes i use tho, cuz it stays more with the stealthy look the flat black provides.

i liked the straight black ropes that were recently posted too.

i would use those 3M ropes for another colorway tho. i just wish we could buy any color, thick ropes we want, from somewhere...

i'm not convinced starks makes them... if they do tho, they need to start selling them, they would make a killing off of them. more than all those ugly gucci laces they used to sell...

Looking for laces from volcanos to toss in my burgandys
nerd.gif
not gonna look good. if you were thinking of the maroon/burgandy ropes from the volcano's its several shades too dark for the burgandy's. i thought about it and tried it lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom