Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Man ASICS needs to release a bit more premium materials on these latest GRs... :smh:

Agreed, ASICS did a great job on the colorways and color-blocking on a lot of these GRs too, just the materials could be better. 

i agree with both of you, but if asics starts using better materials, then retail would go up. personally, i wouldn't mind spending $120-$130 on some nice GR cws with better overall quality. i mean we're getting what we pay for. what other shoe is as appealing, comfortable, and affordable atm? none. i mean its a $100 shoe (GL3), so i think for what we get, its a good price point. the quality isn't horrible, but there is definite room for improvement. i just hope they don't get greedy like nike and raise their prices, but keep the quality as is or make it even worse.

side note: whats with all these newbies with poor attitudes? i don't mind new people at all, but i feel like most of them are just coming in to rustle some jimmies.

Last edited:
If the "bad" materials used on these $100 asics were used on a $170 Jordan, dudes wouldn't shut up about how "great" the quality is....

The materials aren't that bad....

Not feeling them really... Had a 1st look at them last year whr my country had a sneaker con. 

Last edited:
Asics needs to model themselves after new balance. Prices are a little higher for new balances but the quality on even their GRs is unbelievably amazing. That's what has deferred me from buying asics, they feel so crappy when in hand

If the "bad" materials used on these $100 asics were used on a $170 Jordan, dudes wouldn't shut up about how "great" the quality is....

I don't agree. I think people would complain more, but people are in the habit of complaining about JB. Asics GR are hit and miss.

I hate when people ask "is this a good deal" questions. It's not about what others think is fair. It's about how much value you have in what you're trading/buying. If you want something so much and you're willing to give up x and y for it, then wtf cares what another person thinks. I'm not scolding anyone haha but it sickens me when people feel the need to get the approval from a stranger, or anyone else for that matter.

Yep

They aren't that bad, but I'd pay for it to be better. Look at the volcano GLV for example. Retail was $160 for the collab and retail for a GR is $110. The materials on those are amazing. Drop the price down $20-$30 because RFs name is attached to it and imagine they were a GR. I would love to pay $130-140 for a shoe like that any day.

I personally hate them but I just noticed END have a uk 8 left on the guardians up on their website. They also have that denim dl5 pair!

here are a few shots of my gf's "lovers" gel sagas

Hoping to find out an answer to this as well! Missed the Sidewinders first time around and still on the hunt....

siderwinders are my first pair of asics so i cant compare other models. I have pretty wide feet and they fit TTS but snug.

this asics thread doesnt having a sizing guide unlike the NB thread huh?

siderwinders are my first pair of asics so i cant compare other models. I have pretty wide feet and they fit TTS but snug.

this asics thread doesnt having a sizing guide unlike the NB thread huh?
Not many people have really commented on the GT Cool, they've only recently been brought back, and the GRs so far are pretty underwhelming. 

Did you buy your NB size?

guess they only had one sz 12 in the sidewinder, had it in my cart and through paypal in less than 10 -15 secs. after being released...but struck out.

guess they only had one sz 12 in the sidewinder, had it in my cart and through paypal in less than 10 -15 secs. after being released...but struck out.
I tried for a 10.5 first and couldn't get through, went back and grabbed a 10..Hope it works for me. 

Somewhat related - I didn't mean to click paypal but I guess I did somehow. Even had time to login and go and change my address and everything. They must hold your stuff longer than Kith. 

They aren't that bad, but I'd pay for it to be better. Look at the volcano GLV for example. Retail was $160 for the collab and retail for a GR is $110. The materials on those are amazing. Drop the price down $20-$30 because RFs name is attached to it and imagine they were a GR. I would love to pay $130-140 for a shoe like that any day.

100%

Back
Top Bottom