Asics Love?!? Where is it?

word, seems like you're better off selling on instagram or some other type of selling site.
Yep.

I been on ebay for years and have a very good rating but as of late (at least a year) I have tried to do as many sells outside of ebay. They are getting good at stopping folks who try to use them as a catalyst but its impossible. 

I usually list my stuff with a fixed price with the option to make a offer. As soon as I get offers, I start working it out with them outside of ebay. That way they still get protected but at the same time I don't lose 10%. 

3% paypal hit is ok...but 10% + 3% is not. Thats just rape.

Yep.

I been on ebay for years and have a very good rating but as of late (at least a year) I have tried to do as many sells outside of ebay. They are getting good at stopping folks who try to use them as a catalyst but its impossible. 

I usually list my stuff with a fixed price with the option to make a offer. As soon as I get offers, I start working it out with them outside of ebay. That way they still get protected but at the same time I don't lose 10%. 

This. I sold on eBay for years, but it is not worth it anymore at this point. It's only purpose for me at this point is to get my item out there to a broader range of people. Once they make an offer, I send them my number and work it out through there. Paypal invoices FTW. 

Yep.

Yea I completely understand that logic. But what I was asking from earlier is what serves the purpose for someone to go that route and instead take that hit just to do the transaction on ebay? Like I said I am always surprised when someone doesn't want to go outside of ebay. Is it more about the rating and wanting to increase it?

Yep.

Yea I completely understand that logic. But what I was asking from earlier is what serves the purpose for someone to go that route and instead take that hit just to do the transaction on ebay? Like I said I am always surprised when someone doesn't want to go outside of ebay. Is it more about the rating and wanting to increase it?
I could be mistaken, but thought that once you get to a certain sales volume you get lower fees from eBay?

I could be mistaken, but thought that once you get to a certain sales volume you get lower fees from eBay?
Well if that is indeed the case then that would make much more sense.
As far as I know, Ebay doesn't have anything like that.  In fact, in certain categories such as automobiles, the listing fee increases quite a bit if you're a high volume seller.  PayPal has volume-based fee tiers, with the lowest tier being 1.9% + $0.30 if you sell more the $100k/mo.

As far as I know, Ebay doesn't have anything like that.  In fact, in certain categories such as automobiles, the listing fee increases quite a bit if you're a high volume seller.  PayPal has volume-based fee tiers, with the lowest tier being 1.9% + $0.30 if you sell more the $100k/mo.

So then is it safe to assume that people stick with ebay or whatever site they have the listing on, i.e. grailed, kixify, etc. in order to avoid getting in trouble should they get caught circumventing them to complete the transaction? Otherwise I just can't see why someone would willingly take the hit with fees if they can avoid it.

ASICS X ATMOS GL3 - 25/JUL/2015

I got burned recently with a fake pair of bred 1s. eBay made me request a return from the seller even though they stated no returns and ship the shoes back and had the seller refund me, before they would intervene.

So then is it safe to assume that people stick with ebay or whatever site they have the listing on, i.e. grailed, kixify, etc. in order to avoid getting in trouble should they get caught circumventing them to complete the transaction? Otherwise I just can't see why someone would willingly take the hit with fees if they can avoid it.
I know eBay can punsih people (i.e. not let them list anything or take existing listings down) if they break the rules. They did that to me recently where they took down all my listings because I mentioned a 'discount through PayPal transaction.' So, I'm sure if you're a reputable seller on eBay and you rely on the site to make a living then you're going to want to abide by the rules and not get in trouble. There is also a feature where you can report buyers or sellers who try to avoid eBay fees by going directly through PayPal instead. So I'm sure people don't want to get reported either.

Also, eBay and PayPal were one company and now they're going to split into two separate comapanies. It will be interesting to see if any of the fees change. It would suck if PayPal fees went up.

Anybody know Roccoam77?  Dude has the best kicks at the worst prices and refuses to budge or deal outside kixify 
mad.gif

haven't dealt with him personally but like you said his prices are trash. Probably an owner of a store cause dude always has fsr on asics. Just wants to backdoor and jack up the price. 

Last edited:
Atmos joints are coming out at a horrible time. There's like 3 other all-white options on the GL3 alone, not to mention the 5s, and other models. Just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Ughhhh, to be perfectly honest I was really hoping to get the whole anniversary set, which was the only reason I picked up the colettes BUT if I miss out on these for retail then I guess this will be the pair I will miss out on completely...that or I will scoop up the all white gr pair and write ATMOS on them, I doubt anyone will be able to tell anyways lol

Back
Top Bottom