Asics Love?!? Where is it?

First sagas in awhile.

Anyone own Neptunes and have the box? trying to LC these (poor pic i know)

The omission of the "CM" number is kind of weird.... right? i have other pics but felt this one might be the most telling. 

TIA 
Most old 10.5 box labels dont have CM for some reason. Shoes are legit

I didn't intend to make this a big long post but I guess that's what it has turned into lol there has been a decent amount of talk about fakes in here lately and I like to think I am pretty good when it comes to legit checks so if I can share something to keep just one person from getting got its worth it.
I'll post a couple more things to help spot fake Embers but these are pretty much all generic differences that you can look for and apply to any legit check- colors/shades, logos, box labels, perforations, etc. are all things to look for, and alot of times I'll compare details I notice to youtube reviews and pictures from ebay, Marketplacs, blogs etc

Still on the hunt for these. Any help for LC is appreciated. Something seems a little off w the heels. It doesn't look dark like embossed w plastic.

They look legit to me man. I think they are stamped by workers in the factory and I assume some workers may apply more pressure than others causing the variation in color because my pair has darker stamping but I have seen a few legit pairs with lighter stamping. I think the font is more important than the shade.

Legit pair with light colored stamping.

My pair with darker stamping.

Confirmed fakes from guys on YouTube, notice the font, 2nd pic is backwards but you can tell the skinny font and letters aren't even.

A FEW MORE CLUES FOR POSSIBLE FAKES :

Heel panel should only be slightly darker on real pairs, but can be very noticeable on fakes.
CONFIRMED FAKES

Fakes may have perforations around mudguard panel
CONFIRMED FAKES

The grey portion of the outsole should have no or very very little speckleing but fakes have a lot
REAL

CONFIRMED FAKES

3M stripes on fakes laces may be too close together. Look at the width of the lace compared to the distance between stripes.
REAL

CONFIRMED FAKES

Real Concepts box label vs fake.
REAL- should be in bottom left corner and have sizes 8-13.

CONFIRMED FAKES
Right side of box size 7-13.

Completely wrong label.

overlays way too dark compared to underlay and midsole too dark.

Concepts Cncpts Asics Gel Lyte V Fake Replica

Like I said, these are just a few things to look for in any LC. Hope all that helps at least someone lol.

Last edited:
There are some not so obvious fake volcanos floating around ebay for 150 ish

I haven't seen any myself but I did a little looking and I see what you mean. Fake Volcanos have come quite a ways lol I don't have a pair for comparison but its a good thing the price makes it obvious.

Early fake Volcanos

Recent fake Volcanos

Nice job detective. I can't verify that you are correct but +1 for info and effort.

Thanks bro. I'm fairly confident lol.

Last edited:
ds loop ds loop

Thank you for the help and load of info. Repped!

I was just apprehensive bc I thought the logo was not dark as I've used to seen on these. Seems more like there are dark good stamps, dark w some messy stamping and other that are faintly stamped.

If you see even between these two pairs I was looking at.

ds loop ds loop

Thank you for the help and load of info. Repped!

I was just apprehensive bc I thought the logo was not dark as I've used to seen on these. Seems more like there are dark good stamps, dark w some messy stamping and other that are faintly stamped.

If you see even between these two pairs I was looking at.

No prob bro glad I could help, and I know what you mean, sometimes you can overthink things though which I feel is the case here because everything else I can see looks good from the pics you shared. Here is the vid I took one of the screen shots from of the heel logo. Skip to about 5:00

Idk if he is on NT but his pair is definitely real. I think he goes to all the Concepts NYC drops in store and has done sit down interviews with Deon Point so it seems like he has some connections to Cncpts and his pair has the light stamp just like the pair you are looking at.

Last edited:
I'm 16 and I just got my first pair of ASICS GEL LYTE III last year and I've been in love ever since I just love the material. The design is flawless. The split tongue, the designs, I have a deep love for it, but I just really am dying to have a pair of asics gel lyte III 'Mamba'

Back
Top Bottom