Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Don't know if you were still on the hunt for these, but they're slowly rolling out (as part of a 'Moonwalker' pack that includes a dark gray) at spots like Afew:  https://www.afew-store.com/en/asics-gel-lyte-iii-moonwalker-blue-mirage-blue-mirage/ (US10 is there)

*I grabbed a pair of the Dark gray ones for under retail with my L coupon from the Roos Omnicoil Jelly Raffle. 

...and Hanon is dropping them next weekend. (According to their IG)
thanks, just the info i needed. 

Been a minute since I've been in here. Nothing been catching my attention lately and the last few pairs I've wanted were impossible to get and just kinda fizzled my interest in the brand. 

Guess I'm the only one kinda digging the GLII sneakerboot.. May grab the grey colorway when they hit mega disco. 

Connect came through for the emmi GL3's for $148 delivered.

And by connect I mean I've got a Japanese mother in law who's traveling in Japan and I asked if she could pick them up for me. Apparently she also bought me an Atmos Lab Tokyo t-shirt cause she liked it. Should have them in a few weeks. Can't complain at all.

Hmm. Is there a GLIII suede and a GLIII nubuck pair (model / theme) that i can refer to? Still can't really differentiate suede and nubuck.

Hmm. Is there a GLIII suede and a GLIII nubuck pair (model / theme) that i can refer to? Still can't really differentiate suede and nubuck.
I have the GL3 'Duffel Bag' that is a pretty good nubuck.  

Do a google search and you'll find a youtube video of that particular shoe with close up shots.

nubuck tends to have shorter hairs/fibers where as suede has longer hairs/fibers.  Not sure which shoes you have but something like the mint GLV has nubuck where as the cove has suede on the toe box.

I have the GL3 'Duffel Bag' that is a pretty good nubuck.  
Do a google search and you'll find a youtube video of that particular shoe with close up shots.
Thanks. Will look up duffel and see in details.

nubuck tends to have shorter hairs/fibers where as suede has longer hairs/fibers.  Not sure which shoes you have but something like the mint GLV has nubuck where as the cove has suede on the toe box.
Only asics i has that is suede/nubuck is the JCrew GLIII bone white.
The rest is other brand - 998 GrandTourer, BostonRedSox, CPL, 997 Moonshot. Saucony GridSD chill pack

Thanks. Will look up duffel and see in details.
Only asics i has that is suede/nubuck is the JCrew GLIII bone white.
The rest is other brand - 998 GrandTourer, BostonRedSox, CPL, 997 Moonshot. Saucony GridSD chill pack

Just watched duffle YouTube and indeed hair is much less visible to almost can't see at all. So using the GLIII bone white as ref, perf toe box is nubuck and the surrounding is suede

Not GL3, but same idea.

Focus on the texture (ex: hairy vs smoother in toe area) of both GLVs.

Suede Monkey Time Sand Layers

Nubuck Rose Gold Pack

Your 998's are suede
I see.. And i thought the green toebox(grandtourer) is nubuck since i didnt spot much hair.

Not GL3, but same idea.

Focus on the texture (ex: hairy vs smoother in toe area) of both GLVs.

Suede Monkey Time Sand Layers

Nubuck Rose Gold Pack

This comparison make it clear nubuck vs suede. Can't see any hair on the rose gold at all.
i don't own the JCrew pair but, I looked at the pictures of it and I think you're correct.
Yeah. I tried brushing it and i can spot the color tone changes with each opposite stroke.

Thanks guys for the valuable lesson!

that's the kith filter! every shoe looks better on that site. the 998's i bought last week look outstanding in his pic.

Back
Top Bottom