Ask a Jehovah's Witness Vol. Who's that at my door?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Um, well let's start with this what exactly are your beliefs? And why do yall feel the need to spread your ideas door to door?

God's name is jehovah. jesus christ is his son. we dont believe in hell, ad we dont believe that the majority of people that think they are going to heaven are actually going. It was in the bible, jesus admonished us to preach

There has to be some explanation as to why you show up at the early hours of a Saturday, i can deal with noon, but 8:30??

There has to be some explanation as to why you show up at the early hours of a Saturday, i can deal with noon, but 8:30??

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by Club29

If Jehovah witnessed it, would he testify?

Someone told me back in '96 that he wouldnt.

mad.gif

laugh.gif
I literally came into this thread to post this and its the first damn reply
smh.gif
roll.gif

If they would've came to my house, I just wouldn't open the door or just talk bad to them, simple.

If they would've came to my house, I just wouldn't open the door or just talk bad to them, simple.

If you dont believe in hell and that everyone goes to heaven, what do you believe happens to the people who don't go to heaven?

If you dont believe in hell and that everyone goes to heaven, what do you believe happens to the people who don't go to heaven?

depends on your life course...but generally speaking most people will continue to live on earth

depends on your life course...but generally speaking most people will continue to live on earth

Originally Posted by retrospect90

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Why are there so many Korean JW's?

Do they teach the Korean JW's to go around neighborhoods looking at apt/townhouse/condo callboxes and looking for Korean last names or is that just a tactic that each individual picks up?

When I was in elementary school, I had this one JW kid in my class and he wasn't allowed to participate in class parties (x-mas party, valentines day party, last day of school party, etc... etc...) What do JW's have against elementary school class parties?

Do you guys get to ride bicycles like Mormons do, or are you forced to walk?
just depending on the territory...find it more appropiate to walk........we dont believe in those holidays. As far as a "last day of school party" thats acceptable so idk what that kid was thinking. There are korean groups in cities, so they look for korean lastnames to find koreans to preach to

yall dont believe in CHRISTMAS?!?!

i mean obviously not the Santa Claus, christmas tree, Frosty the Snowman, etc.. etc... but how you gonna say you're a Christian but don't believe in Christmas?

Um, well let's start with this what exactly are your beliefs? And why do yall feel the need to spread your ideas door to door?

God's name is jehovah. jesus christ is his son. we dont believe in hell, ad we dont believe that the majority of people that think they are going to heaven are actually going. It was in the bible, jesus admonished us to preach

This is what you knock on my door to tell me?
mad.gif

This is what you knock on my door to tell me?
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Why are there so many Korean JW's?

Do they teach the Korean JW's to go around neighborhoods looking at apt/townhouse/condo callboxes and looking for Korean last names or is that just a tactic that each individual picks up?

When I was in elementary school, I had this one JW kid in my class and he wasn't allowed to participate in class parties (x-mas party, valentines day party, last day of school party, etc... etc...) What do JW's have against elementary school class parties?

Do you guys get to ride bicycles like Mormons do, or are you forced to walk?
just depending on the territory...find it more appropiate to walk........we dont believe in those holidays. As far as a "last day of school party" thats acceptable so idk what that kid was thinking. There are korean groups in cities, so they look for korean lastnames to find koreans to preach to

yall dont believe in CHRISTMAS?!?!

i mean obviously not the Santa Claus, christmas tree, Frosty the Snowman, etc.. etc... but how you gonna say you're a Christian but don't believe in Christmas?

Had Jehovah's witness at my door just today

Them: Hi, are you prepared for Jehovah's Return? (I felt like this was the scene in Friday, almost exact words of the ladies.. Didn't slam the door tho)
Me: Apparently not, I'm an atheist
Them:
eek.gif
  Why?
Me: Because I believe in people not faith. And many times those who pretend to practice in and become the teachers of faith, tend to teach hateful and hurtful rhetoric of their own personal opinion.
Them: (Trying to convert me)
Me: I really don't want to go into this with you, with all due respect... So I hope you have a good day.
Them: (Still trying 1 last time to convert me)
Me: (I got pissed and went on a mission to go at them.)

Had Jehovah's witness at my door just today

Them: Hi, are you prepared for Jehovah's Return? (I felt like this was the scene in Friday, almost exact words of the ladies.. Didn't slam the door tho)
Me: Apparently not, I'm an atheist
Them:
eek.gif
  Why?
Me: Because I believe in people not faith. And many times those who pretend to practice in and become the teachers of faith, tend to teach hateful and hurtful rhetoric of their own personal opinion.
Them: (Trying to convert me)
Me: I really don't want to go into this with you, with all due respect... So I hope you have a good day.
Them: (Still trying 1 last time to convert me)
Me: (I got pissed and went on a mission to go at them.)

Back
Top Bottom