Ask a Jehovah's Witness Vol. Who's that at my door?

I have a question.

How true or stretched if you will, is the rule that you cannot celebrate any occasion, holiday, b-day etc?

Don't JW's have dinners, gatherings, and parties themselves? Isn't that contradicting?

I have a question.

How true or stretched if you will, is the rule that you cannot celebrate any occasion, holiday, b-day etc?

Don't JW's have dinners, gatherings, and parties themselves? Isn't that contradicting?

Mangudai who in the world goes to hell? They have priests on death row that pray that murderers souls "rest" or God find's a place in heaven...Please dont tell me you think that hell is real... Anyways OP there are more JW's on NT than u think

Mangudai who in the world goes to hell? They have priests on death row that pray that murderers souls "rest" or God find's a place in heaven...Please dont tell me you think that hell is real... Anyways OP there are more JW's on NT than u think

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by retrospect90

Um, well let's start with this what exactly are your beliefs? And why do yall feel the need to spread your ideas door to door?

God's name is jehovah. jesus christ is his son. we dont believe in hell, ad we dont believe that the majority of people that think they are going to heaven are actually going. It was in the bible, jesus admonished us to preach

This is what you knock on my door to tell me?
mad.gif
yeah and a few other things...like why the world is in a bad condition

Um, well let's start with this what exactly are your beliefs? And why do yall feel the need to spread your ideas door to door?

God's name is jehovah. jesus christ is his son. we dont believe in hell, ad we dont believe that the majority of people that think they are going to heaven are actually going. It was in the bible, jesus admonished us to preach

This is what you knock on my door to tell me?
mad.gif
yeah and a few other things...like why the world is in a bad condition

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Why are there so many Korean JW's?

Do they teach the Korean JW's to go around neighborhoods looking at apt/townhouse/condo callboxes and looking for Korean last names or is that just a tactic that each individual picks up?

When I was in elementary school, I had this one JW kid in my class and he wasn't allowed to participate in class parties (x-mas party, valentines day party, last day of school party, etc... etc...) What do JW's have against elementary school class parties?

Do you guys get to ride bicycles like Mormons do, or are you forced to walk?
just depending on the territory...find it more appropiate to walk........we dont believe in those holidays. As far as a "last day of school party" thats acceptable so idk what that kid was thinking. There are korean groups in cities, so they look for korean lastnames to find koreans to preach to

yall dont believe in CHRISTMAS?!?!

i mean obviously not the Santa Claus, christmas tree, Frosty the Snowman, etc.. etc... but how you gonna say you're a Christian but don't believe in Christmas?

no jesus wasnt born on the 25th, and no where in the bible did it say to celebrate his birthday

Why are there so many Korean JW's?

Do they teach the Korean JW's to go around neighborhoods looking at apt/townhouse/condo callboxes and looking for Korean last names or is that just a tactic that each individual picks up?

When I was in elementary school, I had this one JW kid in my class and he wasn't allowed to participate in class parties (x-mas party, valentines day party, last day of school party, etc... etc...) What do JW's have against elementary school class parties?

Do you guys get to ride bicycles like Mormons do, or are you forced to walk?
just depending on the territory...find it more appropiate to walk........we dont believe in those holidays. As far as a "last day of school party" thats acceptable so idk what that kid was thinking. There are korean groups in cities, so they look for korean lastnames to find koreans to preach to

yall dont believe in CHRISTMAS?!?!

i mean obviously not the Santa Claus, christmas tree, Frosty the Snowman, etc.. etc... but how you gonna say you're a Christian but don't believe in Christmas?

no jesus wasnt born on the 25th, and no where in the bible did it say to celebrate his birthday

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I have a question.

its not that we cant celebrate, just depends on what you're celebrating

I have a question.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

If you dont believe in hell and that everyone goes to heaven, what do you believe happens to the people who don't go to heaven?
depends on your life course...but generally speaking most people will continue to live on earth

So you believe they're reincarnated?

If you dont believe in hell and that everyone goes to heaven, what do you believe happens to the people who don't go to heaven?
depends on your life course...but generally speaking most people will continue to live on earth

So you believe they're reincarnated?

moz-screenshot.png
i thought yall believed god destroys nonbelievers

moz-screenshot.png
i thought yall believed god destroys nonbelievers

I have a question.

Because I have co-workers who are JW's, and it seems like some things are adjusted for convenience to them.

Like for example, we had a Boss's day at work, they didn't go, because they gave the reason to not being able to "celebrate".    All the employee's have to all pitch in for the boss's lunch, but when it came to going to lunch for "executives" day, they opted to go since the Boss's were paying. 

You get what I'm saying about the convenience factor? 
laugh.gif

How is that right? 

Just something I witnessed (no pun?) while working with some.  

Back
Top Bottom