Ask a Jehovah's Witness Vol. Who's that at my door?

Originally Posted by retrospect90

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I have a question.

How true or stretched if you will, is the rule that you cannot celebrate any occasion, holiday, b-day etc?

Don't JW's have dinners, gatherings, and parties themselves? Isn't that contradicting?

its not that we cant celebrate, just depends on what you're celebrating

Because I have co-workers who are JW's, and it seems like some things are adjusted for convenience to them.

Like for example, we had a Boss's day at work, they didn't go, because they gave the reason to not being able to "celebrate".    All the employee's have to all pitch in for the boss's lunch, but when it came to going to lunch for "executives" day, they opted to go since the Boss's were paying. 

You get what I'm saying about the convenience factor? 
laugh.gif

How is that right? 

Just something I witnessed (no pun?) while working with some.  

@mangudai954 no, resurrected from the dead or survive Armageddon. be back around 8...promise

You mind elaborating? I'm honestly clueless on what Jehovah Witnesses believe. I'm assuming you all believe in purgatory?

@mangudai954 no, resurrected from the dead or survive Armageddon. be back around 8...promise

You mind elaborating? I'm honestly clueless on what Jehovah Witnesses believe. I'm assuming you all believe in purgatory?

I'ma hold it down while B is out.

@FrenchBlue it's not out of a "convenience" that we don't celebrate certain things or maybe if the celebration you speak of was really just a boss' day, the witnesses at your job felt a certain way about some of the things occuring (which would be considered a personal decision of their's)

@ShawnHill na..we do not get paid for doing what we're admonished to do in the bible...or as you said "conversion"

@Essential I can't believe 1/2 of what you just typed..
laugh.gif

@Mojod where in the bible does it give justification to celebrate or observe christmas? also read the account of Jesus birth again and think about the weather in that account and how the weather feels in actual december..

I have a question.

How true or stretched if you will, is the rule that you cannot celebrate any occasion, holiday, b-day etc?

Don't JW's have dinners, gatherings, and parties themselves? Isn't that contradicting?

Because I have co-workers who are JW's, and it seems like some things are adjusted for convenience to them.

Like for example, we had a Boss's day at work, they didn't go, because they gave the reason to not being able to "celebrate".    All the employee's have to all pitch in for the boss's lunch, but when it came to going to lunch for "executives" day, they opted to go since the Boss's were paying. 

laugh.gif

How is that right? 

I see what you are saying. witnesses are people just like everyone else. Sometimes we have to make a decision based on our conscience. I for one dont see a problem with either of those things. The things we dont celebrate though are holidays...all of them basically

I'ma hold it down while B is out.

@FrenchBlue it's not out of a "convenience" that we don't celebrate certain things or maybe if the celebration you speak of was really just a boss' day, the witnesses at your job felt a certain way about some of the things occuring (which would be considered a personal decision of their's)

@ShawnHill na..we do not get paid for doing what we're admonished to do in the bible...or as you said "conversion"

@Essential I can't believe 1/2 of what you just typed..
laugh.gif

@Mojod where in the bible does it give justification to celebrate or observe christmas? also read the account of Jesus birth again and think about the weather in that account and how the weather feels in actual december..

I have a question.

laugh.gif

How is that right? 

I see what you are saying. witnesses are people just like everyone else. Sometimes we have to make a decision based on our conscience. I for one dont see a problem with either of those things. The things we dont celebrate though are holidays...all of them basically

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

no, we believe god gave us free will. but at the same time its our responsibility to do the right things. the bible lays out guidelines that we all should follow. So for someone to outright disobey then chances are they will die in Armageddon, someone who follows the guidelines laid out in the bible probably will be kept alive to live on a paradise earth that has been restored. in the end though its up to god and jesus to decide who lives or dies. people with the right heart condition though are the ones that will be ressurected or kept alive

no, we believe god gave us free will. but at the same time its our responsibility to do the right things. the bible lays out guidelines that we all should follow. So for someone to outright disobey then chances are they will die in Armageddon, someone who follows the guidelines laid out in the bible probably will be kept alive to live on a paradise earth that has been restored. in the end though its up to god and jesus to decide who lives or dies. people with the right heart condition though are the ones that will be ressurected or kept alive

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

If you dont believe in hell and that everyone goes to heaven, what do you believe happens to the people who don't go to heaven?
depends on your life course...but generally speaking most people will continue to live on earth
moz-screenshot.png
i thought yall believed god destroys nonbelievers

naugh, people that outright disobeys gods commandments.

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

If you dont believe in hell and that everyone goes to heaven, what do you believe happens to the people who don't go to heaven?
depends on your life course...but generally speaking most people will continue to live on earth
moz-screenshot.png
i thought yall believed god destroys nonbelievers

naugh, people that outright disobeys gods commandments.

I understand now. So the people who don't survive Armaggedeon and don't go to paradise does their existence turn into nothingness?

I understand now. So the people who don't survive Armaggedeon and don't go to paradise does their existence turn into nothingness?

if by nothingness, you mean they want exist anymore then yes. completely up to jehovah and jesus since they have the ability to judge people's hearts and we dont

if by nothingness, you mean they want exist anymore then yes. completely up to jehovah and jesus since they have the ability to judge people's hearts and we dont

so if you needed a blood transfusion you would be DEAD. thanks to your religion, SELENA is dead
smh.gif

so if you needed a blood transfusion you would be DEAD. thanks to your religion, SELENA is dead
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ErickM713

If I answered the door in the middle of a conversation that went something like this,
"Hey man your out of toilet paper!"
*Open door then reach out for something behind door*
"It's cool man, I found this bible you can use this instead!"
While wearing my favorite Slayer T-shirt of the Christ Illusion album cover.
What would your reaction be?

roll.gif

Originally Posted by ErickM713

If I answered the door in the middle of a conversation that went something like this,
"Hey man your out of toilet paper!"
*Open door then reach out for something behind door*
"It's cool man, I found this bible you can use this instead!"
While wearing my favorite Slayer T-shirt of the Christ Illusion album cover.
What would your reaction be?

roll.gif

If this is what yall believe for people like me there is literally nothing attractive about your religion. At least Catholics have the element of the fear of hell as a tool of converting unbelievers.

Nothingness>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Eternity

If this is what yall believe for people like me there is literally nothing attractive about your religion. At least Catholics have the element of the fear of hell as a tool of converting unbelievers.

Nothingness>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Eternity

Back
Top Bottom