Ask a Jehovah's Witness Vol. Who's that at my door?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Um, well let's start with this what exactly are your beliefs? And why do yall feel the need to spread your ideas door to door?

I just wanted to add that our official website is http://www.watchtower.org/ 

For a brief summary of some of our beliefs check out http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_03.htm   This explains from the Bible what God's purpose for the earth and mankind is, and what his plan for correcting all of the problems is.

Um, well let's start with this what exactly are your beliefs? And why do yall feel the need to spread your ideas door to door?

I just wanted to add that our official website is http://www.watchtower.org/ 

For a brief summary of some of our beliefs check out http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_03.htm   This explains from the Bible what God's purpose for the earth and mankind is, and what his plan for correcting all of the problems is.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Do you know who rules the world?

we believe satan rules the world, and thats why things are deteriorating as time progresses. eventually though he will be done away with

we believe satan rules the world, and thats why things are deteriorating as time progresses. eventually though he will be done away with

Originally Posted by Pat10leather

Similarly with Easter and the spring equinox.  Eggs and the bunny are symbols of fertility (which occurs more in the spring). 

Bunnies don't lay eggs...

Those holidays are "supposed" to be about Christ/Pagan Ritual.. Today those holidays have really nothing to do with Christ/Pagan Ritual at all.

Christmas is about a fat guy in a red suit with his reindeer breaking into people's house to give them gifts that they don't even want (sweaters an old lady made with a reindeer sewn on it)

Easter is about a bunny who lays eggs (which is impossible), kids look for these eggs then bite the head off of the hollowed out chocolate bunny.. Then have some kit kat's and some fun dip then call it a day...

Originally Posted by Pat10leather

Similarly with Easter and the spring equinox.  Eggs and the bunny are symbols of fertility (which occurs more in the spring). 

Bunnies don't lay eggs...

Those holidays are "supposed" to be about Christ/Pagan Ritual.. Today those holidays have really nothing to do with Christ/Pagan Ritual at all.

Christmas is about a fat guy in a red suit with his reindeer breaking into people's house to give them gifts that they don't even want (sweaters an old lady made with a reindeer sewn on it)

Easter is about a bunny who lays eggs (which is impossible), kids look for these eggs then bite the head off of the hollowed out chocolate bunny.. Then have some kit kat's and some fun dip then call it a day...

Originally Posted by retrospect90

Is God a procrastinator?

Is God a procrastinator?

1. give a thorough explantation (bible based) as to why beards are looked down upon/not allowed.
2. your whole religion is based on people interpreting the bible for you, who are they? (i know charles russell and rutherford you should know their significance to your organization) but what are their bible interpreting credentials? why don't you just read the bible and interpret it yourself?
3. whats up with disfellowshipping? it seems to create perfunctory actions throughout your organization...
4. do you guys do engagements? where in the bible does it say to do this? i am sure pope innocent the III (catholic) made it up.
5. JW's are only suppose to kick it with JW so they aren't influenced to do bad, if their beliefs are the "truth" why are they so scared their followers will be turned out by experiencing non-JW life?and that's like judging all non-believers as bad people/influences?

i know a JW and researched it slightly, before dismissing it... it seems they like other religions use the bible to justify whatever they want.

1. give a thorough explantation (bible based) as to why beards are looked down upon/not allowed.
2. your whole religion is based on people interpreting the bible for you, who are they? (i know charles russell and rutherford you should know their significance to your organization) but what are their bible interpreting credentials? why don't you just read the bible and interpret it yourself?
3. whats up with disfellowshipping? it seems to create perfunctory actions throughout your organization...
4. do you guys do engagements? where in the bible does it say to do this? i am sure pope innocent the III (catholic) made it up.
5. JW's are only suppose to kick it with JW so they aren't influenced to do bad, if their beliefs are the "truth" why are they so scared their followers will be turned out by experiencing non-JW life?and that's like judging all non-believers as bad people/influences?

i know a JW and researched it slightly, before dismissing it... it seems they like other religions use the bible to justify whatever they want.

Originally Posted by gil23

What yall doing here.... I see it.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Is God a procrastinator?

Not at all. In the human perspective it would seem so but our sense of time compared to his is much different. 1000 years could almost seem as if it was a day in Jehovah's eyes.

There are two main reasons that God is being patient in putting away Satan..

One of them is that He wants individuals with an honest heart to come to an "accurate knowledge of the truth," meaning He wants people to get to know him, understand/ apply his principles, change their ways and become his people.

Another reason is that he wants people to see that human ruler-ship is destined to fail.

Is God a procrastinator?

Not at all. In the human perspective it would seem so but our sense of time compared to his is much different. 1000 years could almost seem as if it was a day in Jehovah's eyes.

One of them is that He wants individuals with an honest heart to come to an "accurate knowledge of the truth," meaning He wants people to get to know him, understand/ apply his principles, change their ways and become his people.

Another reason is that he wants people to see that human ruler-ship is destined to fail.

im out. b/t NT messing up and me being sleepy but i'll be back if this is still alive. where all yall come from?

im out. b/t NT messing up and me being sleepy but i'll be back if this is still alive. where all yall come from?

Originally Posted by EvansST

Is God a procrastinator?

1. God told you this? You know what God is? How it sees the world? How it thinks? Did it tell you any of this?

2. This whole "seeing human rulership is destined to fail" is very trivial...I don't even know where to begin.
-What exactly qualifies as "seeings human ruler-ship is destined to fail"? How can humans achieve this realization? And are you saying it is only then that God will come down and end his little experiment?

3. This whole get to know him idea is equally trivial. There are people throughout the history of man that were born oblivious to the idea of YOUR God. Let's be real "the truth" and realities vary from culture to culture, religion to religion, individual to individual. Many people on this earth have died without achieving your idea of the truth.
-So is what you meant to say, "God will come and end his little experiment once everyone is converted to Jehovah's witness"?

Please read what I wrote carefully, I want answers.

Is God a procrastinator?

1. God told you this? You know what God is? How it sees the world? How it thinks? Did it tell you any of this?

2. This whole "seeing human rulership is destined to fail" is very trivial...I don't even know where to begin.
-What exactly qualifies as "seeings human ruler-ship is destined to fail"? How can humans achieve this realization? And are you saying it is only then that God will come down and end his little experiment?

3. This whole get to know him idea is equally trivial. There are people throughout the history of man that were born oblivious to the idea of YOUR God. Let's be real "the truth" and realities vary from culture to culture, religion to religion, individual to individual. Many people on this earth have died without achieving your idea of the truth.
-So is what you meant to say, "God will come and end his little experiment once everyone is converted to Jehovah's witness"?

Is God a procrastinator?

1. Here's a quote from the bible:  "However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day" - 2 Peter 3:8

I know Jehovah's personality and have a relationship with him. Anybody can have a relationship and get to know him. I can't tell you how he thinks because that's beyond human comprehension but I do know from past accounts in the Bible and even in our day he's never lied, all his promises do come true, he's loving, and many other great qualities.

How I maintain my relationship with him is by constant study and meditation of the Bible and fulfilling other obligations that comes with being his friend.

2. From Communism to Democracy all these human governments have failed. They have failed in providing all people the proper "substance and covering." The world has not gotten any better since the humans started to think they could "direct their own step."- Jeremiah 10:23

3. We don't know when Jehovah will end human ruler-ship. From observing the dire circumstances that mankind is in and comparing that to scriptures in the Bible that describe the "time of the end" I can come to the conclusion that this is the "last days."

Is God a procrastinator?

1. Here's a quote from the bible:  "However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day" - 2 Peter 3:8

I know Jehovah's personality and have a relationship with him. Anybody can have a relationship and get to know him. I can't tell you how he thinks because that's beyond human comprehension but I do know from past accounts in the Bible and even in our day he's never lied, all his promises do come true, he's loving, and many other great qualities.

How I maintain my relationship with him is by constant study and meditation of the Bible and fulfilling other obligations that comes with being his friend.

2. From Communism to Democracy all these human governments have failed. They have failed in providing all people the proper "substance and covering." The world has not gotten any better since the humans started to think they could "direct their own step."- Jeremiah 10:23

3. We don't know when Jehovah will end human ruler-ship. From observing the dire circumstances that mankind is in and comparing that to scriptures in the Bible that describe the "time of the end" I can come to the conclusion that this is the "last days."

Back
Top Bottom