AT&T agrees to buy T-Mobile from Deutsche Telekom for $39 billion!

Originally Posted by LIILdubb

humm, if it really happens... will this give me a chance to opt out of my T-mobile contract? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by gil23

So Bayern Munich will now have an at&t logo?
nerd.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Does this mean they will cancel everyone's current contracts? Will they keep them under same name or will it change?They better leave me with my unlimited Internet.

I wonder how they are going to handle the fact that Tmobile and AT&T use different 3G bands. Will they continue to offer new phones that cater to each network band (which seems inefficient). Or will they continue to operate under 2 different names?

more than likely you guys will be grandfathered into your plans similar to what happen with the voicestream merger back in 2001.

The thing your going to have to do is hope Sprint isnt bought by Verizon
The phone manufactors will just put both bands in the phone. Having 6 months to a year gives them ample time for this to be a smooth transation for the customers

hmm dk what to think about this

Will be interesting to see that the FTC does with this

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Well damn... Just left T-Mo yesterday too 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I just did aswell on Thursday for the Thunderbolt 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

R.I.P to Tmo Customers especially with AT&T being one of the major carriers pushing for Tiered Data plans
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. So now there's a de facto GSM monopoly in the US and now making them the largest US phone carrier.. smart move on AT&T's part. 

The way I see it, Verizon and Sprint are screwed. With both networks' service, T-Mobile's customer care, both provider's Android phones, the iPhone, T-Mobile's 4G, either network's pricing, Verizon and Sprint don't stand a chance.

Back
Top Bottom