AT&T agrees to buy T-Mobile from Deutsche Telekom for $39 billion!

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

The way I see it, Verizon and Sprint are screwed. With both networks' service, T-Mobile's customer care, both provider's Android phones, the iPhone, T-Mobile's 4G, either network's pricing, Verizon and Sprint don't stand a chance.
Nonsense.. the only gain for AT&T is they now control the GSM/HSPA market and now have more customers. Verizon now controls 16% of the iPhone market share [In just 1 qtr] and the Evo & Droid are the two best selling Android phones and with Verizon & Sprint pushing LTE this year this puts even more pressure on AT&T. 
AT&T was rated by customers as being the worst carrier last year according to Consumer Reports survey. 

http://money.cnn.com/2010/12/06/technology/consumer_reports_att/index.htm
I know AT&T isnt the best. But I learned to not trust consumer reports entirely. They probably give you an idea, but then again, they are not experts. Look, they rated US Cellular as #1.

I might look for Sprint to try and get US Cellular and Metro PCS.
Vodafone is going to be pissed if its profits in the US fall...

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by msaba07

I just re-upped my tmobile ... I get unlimited everything on two smart phones for 175 a month ... That's including taxes and everything ... I think that's the best you can do ...

with t-mobile
Sprints simply everything plan unlimited data and calls it's $109 a month for 2 lines, $10 for each additional line and another $10 for every 4G phone
Word, I have Sprint Everything Unlimited plan, $79.99 + 4G = 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
, I still have my grandfather 5.99 T-zone plan on my iPhone
laugh.gif

This is crazy...

I'm a T-Mobile customer and I've been 110% happy in my 8 years with them. I do not want AT&T messing with my good plan I've had for a year or so and deal with their bull.

I'm really interested to see the details and how this is going to affect the T-Mo customers.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

This is crazy...

I'm a T-Mobile customer and I've been 110% happy in my 8 years with them. I do not want AT&T messing with my good plan I've had for a year or so and deal with their bull.

I'm really interested to see the details and how this is going to affect the T-Mo customers.

What plan do you have?

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

hooray for monopolies

indifferent.gif
 Clearly you don't know what a monoply is because you realize that Verizon still has as many if not more subscribers than ATT & TMobile?

30t6p3b.gif
A lot of people don't understand what a monopoly is. iPhones for everyone though! 
pimp.gif

Damn, I just added Tmobile's unlimited data plan a few days ago too. $20/month.

If this goes through, they better grandfather T-mobile customer plans.

This is crazy...

Then you can stay with your current rate plan, you will be grandfathered in if anything.
However, in the future, if they come out with like a Nexus 3 or iPhone 5 or something. They will most likely ask you to change your rate plan in exchanged for a subsidized price on a new phone.

Originally Posted by LIILdubb

humm, if it really happens... will this give me a chance to opt out of my T-mobile contract? 
THIS.
May jump ship to Verizon if I'm not happy with the merged service, but if I'm able to opt out, I'm all for it.

On one hand, this is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
  b/c now I'll have a chance to get an iPhone w/out jumping ship.  Plus the network will be larger.  BUT, with AT&T's notoriously slow network and horrible customer service, this could end up being 
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Hopefully my current rate will stick when TMO becomes AT&T, but I'm doubtful.  

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by msaba07

I just re-upped my tmobile ... I get unlimited everything on two smart phones for 175 a month ... That's including taxes and everything ... I think that's the best you can do ...

with t-mobile
Sprints simply everything plan unlimited data and calls it's $109 a month for 2 lines, $10 for each additional line and another $10 for every 4G phone
Word, I have Sprint Everything Unlimited plan, $79.99 + 4G = 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
, I still have my grandfather 5.99 T-zone plan on my iPhone
laugh.gif
paying like $200 after taxes for 4 lines, all covered with TPP and one 4G phone
smokin.gif

For those asking if hey can opt out if plans/rates change, sprint just changed their data on smart-phones to "premium data" and charge a. Extra 10 bucks a month. Those with sprint before he change are ok, but as soon as you upgrade phones they will tack on that charge. Who's to say ATT can't do that to the data at a higher rate of say, $15?
From what I read, those who tried to opt out were not allowed to.

From the Wall Street Journal:

AT&T Inc. has agreed to buy T-Mobile USA from Deutsche Telekom AG for $39 billion in cash and stock, in a deal that would create an industry giant by combining the No. 2 and No. 4 U.S. wireless carriers.

The accord comes as AT&T has been looking for growth after losing its exclusive hold on AppleInc.'s iPhone in the U.S. Deutsche Telekom, meanwhile, has been weighing strategic alternatives for T-Mobile USA.

The deal would combine two operators using the same network technology and, the companies said, would alleviate spectrum shortages cropping up for each.

It isn't clear whether regulators would allow a transaction that shrinks the number of national wireless operators in the U.S. to three from four, particularly as T-Mobile has based much of its appeal on selling lower-cost service.

The combined entity would be about a third larger in terms of subscribers than the current market leader, Verizon Wireless, a joint venture of Vodafone Group PLC and Verizon Communications Inc., and would have more than twice as many as No. 3 Sprint Nextel Corp.

Last May, the Federal Communications Commission warned of growing concentration among wireless providers and, for the first time in years, didn't conclude in its annual industry report that the industry is competitive.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

For those asking if hey can opt out if plans/rates change, sprint just changed their data on smart-phones to "premium data" and charge a. Extra 10 bucks a month. Those with sprint before he change are ok, but as soon as you upgrade phones they will tack on that charge. Who's to say ATT can't do that to the data at a higher rate of say, $15?
From what I read, those who tried to opt out were not allowed to.

My suggestion for Tmobile subscribers is to look at how Cingular did the ATT wireless transaction. They opperated as seperate businesses for a year and began transitioning the ATT wireless contracts over to Cingular contracts. At that year point the stores will be converted to all ATT stores with the usual droping of stores to keep cost down and within 3 years Tmobile will be a footnote.
So what Im saying is that for the next 6 months to a year you can sign a Tmobile contract and get the lower rates. but eventually you will go under the ATT unbrella.

Why does Alltel still exist as a seperate company?
Like I know the networks are merged but any suggestions....

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by LIILdubb

humm, if it really happens... will this give me a chance to opt out of my T-mobile contract? 
THIS.
May jump ship to Verizon if I'm not happy with the merged service, but if I'm able to opt out, I'm all for it.

On one hand, this is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
  b/c now I'll have a chance to get an iPhone w/out jumping ship.  Plus the network will be larger.  BUT, with AT&T's notoriously slow network and horrible customer service, this could end up being 
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Hopefully my current rate will stick when TMO becomes AT&T, but I'm doubtful.  
i have myfaves and unlimited data if i could leave with out paying then i will 

gangsta207therevolution wrote:
Why does Alltel still exist as a seperate company?
Like I know the networks are merged but any suggestions....
Before being acquired  by Verizon, they served 34 states, after the merger, Alltel continues to serve six states, mostly in rural areas. Alltel uses roaming agreements with competing providers to provide coast-to-coast service. Agreements in the U.S. are primarily with Verizon and Sprint.

This is crazy...

This. I'm not happy to hear this at all...I love T-Mo. Been there for about 8 years as well with no problems.

i just think how my bro works for tmo and he swears up and down that there

>>>>>>> anything out there lol but i bet if i hit him up with wats good with his would be speehless lol

Originally Posted by NORTHMIAMIBOI

at&t should of brought METRO PCS

IMO
That would make zero sense.  How would AT&T benefit from MetroPCS?

I'm on t-mobile now and I absolutely hate the thought of AT&T. If Boost Mobile had a better phone than the motorola i1 I would definitely jump ship even from T-mobile. $35 for everything unlimited really can't be beat

Back
Top Bottom