AT&T agrees to buy T-Mobile from Deutsche Telekom for $39 billion!

This was only done because Sprint was supposed to buy T-Mobile. ATT made this power move because once that would of happened Verizon would of merged with Sprint...ATT would of been no threat.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

The way I see it, Verizon and Sprint are screwed. With both networks' service, T-Mobile's customer care, both provider's Android phones, the iPhone, T-Mobile's 4G, either network's pricing, Verizon and Sprint don't stand a chance.

Verizon and Sprint will be fine
Verizon has the best voice network with the most 3G coverage in America, they have the most loyal customers out of all the carriers in America. Assuming T-Mobile and AT&T will merge, and adopt AT&T pricing, I see this as a great opportunity for Sprint customers because Sprint will be the only choice for customers who want decent smart phones for a lower monthly plan compared to AT&T and Verizon. 

(this is assuming AT&T and T-Mobile merge and T-Mobile is no more)

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

It was either AT&T or Sprint. iPhone wins though..

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
this dude never fails
eek.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

It was either AT&T or Sprint. iPhone wins though..

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
this dude never fails
eek.gif
wink.gif

I think Verizon still has the upper hand on the AT&T. They already have an LTE device out and most people believe they have superior Call Quality. I wonder where Sprint will fall into...

The way I see it, Verizon and Sprint are screwed. With both networks' service, T-Mobile's customer care, both provider's Android phones, the iPhone, T-Mobile's 4G, either network's pricing, Verizon and Sprint don't stand a chance.
Nonsense.. the only gain for AT&T is they now control the GSM/HSPA market and now have more customers. Verizon now controls 16% of the iPhone market share [In just 1 qtr] and the Evo & Droid are the two best selling Android phones and with Verizon & Sprint pushing LTE this year this puts even more pressure on AT&T. 
AT&T was rated by customers as being the worst carrier last year according to Consumer Reports survey. 

http://money.cnn.com/2010/12/06/technology/consumer_reports_att/index.htm

NKEAIR wrote:

Verizon and Sprint will be fine
Verizon has the best voice network with the most 3G coverage in America, they have the most loyal customers out of all the carriers in America. Assuming T-Mobile and AT&T will merge, and adopt AT&T pricing, I see this as a great opportunity for Sprint customers because Sprint will be the only choice for customers who want decent smart phones for a lower monthly plan compared to AT&T and Verizon. 

(this is assuming AT&T and T-Mobile merge and T-Mobile is no more)

Tomorrow could be the day to buy sprints common stock. Investors might overreact because Sprint didnt but T mobile and push it down to 4.50 or even less. The opposite could happen too.... I sense an opportunity to eventually take Verizon's money and stock, or watch the company grow, or both.
pimp.gif

LTE is a GSM technology which is why Sprint entered talks or the thought was even discussed that they would go get T mobile.

The more the better.

When these companies merge its only good for the company.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Nonsense.. the only gain for AT&T is they now control the GSM/HSPA market and now have more customers. Verizon now controls 16% of the iPhone market share [In just 1 qtr] and the Evo & Droid are the two best selling Android phones and with Verizon & Sprint pushing LTE this year this puts even more pressure on AT&T. 
AT&T was rated by customers as being the worst carrier last year according to Consumer Reports survey. 

http://money.cnn.com/2010/12/06/technology/consumer_reports_att/index.htm
I know AT&T isnt the best. But I learned to not trust consumer reports entirely. They probably give you an idea, but then again, they are not experts. Look, they rated US Cellular as #1.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

The more the better.

When these companies merge its only good for the company.

Bad for the consumer because with less competition there's less of a need to charge smaller rates because there's less of a need to race to the bottom.

I think its more likely than not that AT&T will grandfather current Tmobile contracts. If they did raise prices, everyone on Tmobile will have the right to opt out of the contract for free and AT&T would be losing too much business.

I just re-upped my tmobile ... I get unlimited everything on two smart phones for 175 a month ... That's including taxes and everything ... I think that's the best you can do ...

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Damn, was considering switching to T-mobile...Those $10 data plans 
eek.gif

Smh I have T-Mobile (hate them)...$93 a month for me, I'm honestly gonna consider switching to Metro PCS they're coming up so I can see competitive prices for the next 2 years or so.
Heard national cell towers are in the makings...soon as that happens I'm switching to Metro

$60 Unlimited EVERYTHING 4G?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by msaba07

I just re-upped my tmobile ... I get unlimited everything on two smart phones for 175 a month ... That's including taxes and everything ... I think that's the best you can do ...

with t-mobile
Sprints simply everything plan unlimited data and calls it's $109 a month for 2 lines, $10 for each additional line and another $10 for every 4G phone

Back
Top Bottom