At what point do you say enough is enough?

the game is crazy now but the variety is better than ever imo. great mix of old and new. lebrons are running things cuz petrie is a genius. kd's are nice, kobes are decent. plus j's and foam retros. its just too much to keep up with. releases EVERY week . shoes having over 30 colorways(lebron 9..guesstimate). as i said in the other thread nike has us all caught in a web of consumerism and trying to keep up with the joneses. went from having the new yearly model to needing that new weekly release, with prices on the rise. its nuts.

I'm still a head, but i'm getting older and seeing they how they are trying to hook us even more. priorities changing, wanna marry my girl. etc.

I just got a new card. I didn't memorize the numbers or create a PayPal account and I keep my wallet pretty far from me so that I won't mess up. I think enough was enough when the quality went down and the prices went up. (It's been happening but I mean it's gotten really bad lately.)

I said enough once I got real selective with my buys. I got the AJKOs because they look good and were about 125 each. Yea thats alot compared to what AJ1s used to be but its not 200$ a shoe. Once JB goes back 160$ retail then I'm getting even MORE selective.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

I said enough once I got real selective with my buys. I got the AJKOs because they look good and were about 125 each. Yea thats alot compared to what AJ1s used to be but its not 200$ a shoe. Once JB goes back 160$ retail then I'm getting even MORE selective.

lmao @ reducing the retail.

been said enough is enough. i love sneakers, but i'm not paying anything above $200 for anything except the yeezy 1s, which obviously i can't find for retail so i'm done.

I'll say its enough as soon as I cant handle it financially.

If I can afford it with no problems, then why not keep buying if its something I love?

But I can assure you if I were ever to become financially unstable, I would not look to buy $300 kicks and would calm down.

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

Originally Posted by AirThompson

But when the trend dies sneaker dudes will be happy.

it's not going to die, it's only going to rise
frown.gif
It did before, cuz cats now dont even have a love for shoes. The followers will find something else to follow.

I don't even look to see what's coming out anymore cause I already know it will be impossible to obtain them at retail. Plus all the kicks look like fakes we use to talk about a couple of years ago.

Originally Posted by georgehimself

I've turned into an outlet man. I'll buy retros now and then, half of the ones I want I can't get because the websites crash (Cement 4s, Kobe Cloaks, etc.). I have learned to wait for things to go on clearance, Kobe VIIs went down to 99 and I'm still waiting for them to go cheaper. I don't feel guilty after I get outlet deals. Maybe I'm getting older, maybe I'm sick of it, maybe both.
You sound like me.  When I need sneakers the Nike Outlet is my 1st stop.  I can't tell you the last time I've actually purchased a pair of kicks at retail.  The cost of shoes are rising and people are going to continue to buy them rather it be for nostalgia, passion for sneakers, or just wanting to keep up with the Jones.

I just do not see how some of y'all can be ok with resellers like that? It's one thing if a collector is flipping a pair to pay for their own pair but outside people coming in to tax our hobby just does not sit well with me.

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

I just do not see how some of y'all can be ok with resellers like that? It's one thing if a collector is flipping a pair to pay for their own pair but outside people coming in to tax our hobby just does not sit well with me.
so upset over sneakers,

upset that someone is making $ off them, rather than just nike and the retailer, as if retailers aren't charging over MSRP on these sneakers as well.

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

Back on topic though...

After selling my Zen Yeezy's I wore about 5 times for $950 and using that money plus a little extra to grab a few pairs I've wanted for a while...I think I'm done. After this Yeezy 2 madness I couldn't justify keeping my worn Yeezy's when I could get a stack for them. I have a desk job now so I barely get to wear sneakers any way. I'd rather start looking into my professional wardrobe than buying all these sneakers I can't even wear.

I had the new TB3 and after a few wears gave them to my roommate because I was so unimpressed with the quality. After seeing the quality on those 3s I bought both the BC3 and the Concords early just to stunt and wore them both all the time until they were beater status then ended up throwing them in the trash. That's what they were to me...garbage. I would hurt peoples feelings when I wore them to the bars and in the rain. My boy got mad because my Concords were sitting on a shoe rack buried with all my other roommates beaters. I just don't feel the need to treat these new retros right because quality is just awful. I get tempted to buy the original colors but almost always end up regretting it. Only thing I haven't been mad at is foams, but I think I'm good on those now after getting Galaxy's.

I'm happy with the small collection that I have now and I will wear everything eventually. Only kicks I have left DS are DMP pack, Infrared 6, and Galaxy Foamposites. The rest of my collection has all been worn: Pharrell Dunk's, Red Supreme Blazer's, white/Infrared 6, '09 Eggplant's, Copper's, Metallic Red's, Mint Flight One's, and both Black Light Free Run 2's (yellow & red). So yeah...I'm pretty content right now and I do search for deals on older retros but I'm tiring of doing that because even those prices are shooting up now.

I'm EXTREMELY tempted to buy DS Bred 11's from '01 for $375 but if I do I'm definitely done for a while if not permanently.

That being said, I will continue to resell any chance I get to take advantage of how crazy things have gotten and pocket some extra cash
grin.gif

sounds like u dont love shoes or the culture

Enough is enough. I just buy comfortable everyday kicks...majority of which are Nike Running shoes. Even prices of those have risen lately.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by bence23

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

Back on topic though...

After selling my Zen Yeezy's I wore about 5 times for $950 and using that money plus a little extra to grab a few pairs I've wanted for a while...I think I'm done. After this Yeezy 2 madness I couldn't justify keeping my worn Yeezy's when I could get a stack for them. I have a desk job now so I barely get to wear sneakers any way. I'd rather start looking into my professional wardrobe than buying all these sneakers I can't even wear.

I had the new TB3 and after a few wears gave them to my roommate because I was so unimpressed with the quality. After seeing the quality on those 3s I bought both the BC3 and the Concords early just to stunt and wore them both all the time until they were beater status then ended up throwing them in the trash. That's what they were to me...garbage. I would hurt peoples feelings when I wore them to the bars and in the rain. My boy got mad because my Concords were sitting on a shoe rack buried with all my other roommates beaters. I just don't feel the need to treat these new retros right because quality is just awful. I get tempted to buy the original colors but almost always end up regretting it. Only thing I haven't been mad at is foams, but I think I'm good on those now after getting Galaxy's.

I'm happy with the small collection that I have now and I will wear everything eventually. Only kicks I have left DS are DMP pack, Infrared 6, and Galaxy Foamposites. The rest of my collection has all been worn: Pharrell Dunk's, Red Supreme Blazer's, white/Infrared 6, '09 Eggplant's, Copper's, Metallic Red's, Mint Flight One's, and both Black Light Free Run 2's (yellow & red). So yeah...I'm pretty content right now and I do search for deals on older retros but I'm tiring of doing that because even those prices are shooting up now.

I'm EXTREMELY tempted to buy DS Bred 11's from '01 for $375 but if I do I'm definitely done for a while if not permanently.

That being said, I will continue to resell any chance I get to take advantage of how crazy things have gotten and pocket some extra cash
grin.gif

sounds like u dont love shoes or the culture

He's obviously a hypebeast

My latest pair of shoes was a pair of AM95's from Champs for $100. I can't really justify spending more than $120 on a pair of shoes, unless it's something I'm REALLY looking forward to getting soon, like cb24's

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by RetroSan

whoa whoa, Lebrons going for $300 retail? L-O-L

Yeah I said the same thing when I saw that. I'm out. I want a pair of black and red XI's. I sold my second pair years ago and I beat my first pair thinking I didn't have to sell them. I just want to replace those and I'm done. I'm tired of spending money in this now exploited "hobby". I'm convinced Nike is giving rappers shoes just to make the general public go crazy. It's free advertising, and the sheep eat it up like clockwork. I don't get how you are "loyal" to a "brand", and at times are dissatisfied with the product, yet continue to buy it (sometimes even not being able to buy said product). This whole strategy of building "brand loyalty" with Nike/JB is %%% backwards to me. I guess I just see the BS. It's really out of control. I'm not going to complain about lines, RSVP, web camping, glue stains, re-sellers etc. My wallet will do my talking for me.

I definitely agree with Pr0phecy

This man speaks the truth. Most people dont realize how easily they are influenced by mainstream media and pop culture.

Why does it matter who buys and resells a shoe? Is one person morally obliged to do it over another? I am lost.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

so upset over sneakers,

upset that someone is making $ off them, rather than just nike and the retailer, as if retailers aren't charging over MSRP on these sneakers as well.
Sneakers have been a huge part of my life for over 20 years. Watching outsiders come to this hobby just to take advantage of collectors is not something I will ever support. If stuff like this does not bother you I would doubt that you are very passionate about this hobby anyway. 
Sneaker collecting is my hobby not a game. 

It doesn't matter what shoes mean to you.

Logically give me a reason why it is wrong for resellers to milk their profit and buy the shoes up before real shoe heads?

Why are they deemed wrong?

how are people upset for paying 180 for concords and ok with paying 125 back in the day. if you account for inflation of about 3% it comes out to almost exactly 180.

Anyway only copping stuff that i really like now, white cement 4's, pair of elite, don't buy shoes like i used to. Just sold a pair of foams for 500 that paid for my flight and hotel to vegas so im not even mad about the hype over shoes.

Back
Top Bottom