Atheists: Always doing the most?

antonlavey

Banned
This is in response to the thread that got locked.....I was away and couldn't comment.

1. I'm not an atheist
grin.gif

2. I did not make ANY of those drawings but I support it........the tasteful ones at least (The one with the bomb was kinda OD)
3. I think the purpose of that thread was misunderstood.....I have nothing against Muslims or Religious people. I do have a problem with tyranny, violence, blatant sexual subjugation, lack of accountability, hypocrisy, mental control and enslavement.

Anyone who thinks I was taking a shot at religion completely missed the point. Extremism isn't about religion, it's about control. I highly doubt God if he exists would cosign any of this nonsense.

P.S. I didn't draw any of that...not tryna turn up on an Al Qaeda beheading mixtape.

END RANT.....for the record They won.
smh.gif

I mean, I agree with you in theory, but I think this draw Muhammad day deal is ridiculous. I mean, yeah, the point is to get at the extremists and the militants that are responding to depictions of Muhammad with violence, but what about the overwhelming majority of muslims who AREN'T militants? It's still against their religion to depict images of Muhammad and by declaring something like this it's just disrespecting the entire culture.

I think ppl really don't understand society the way it is today. No reason to think Islam is free from being made fun of or ridicule that other religions are subjected to.

PPL like to say the extremists(the minority) don't represent all Muslims. Oh well a lot of groups have that problem. Can't be mad when the jokes start. Maybe yall should start doing something about the them.

I think it's kind of ironic that Atheists spend their lives trying to prove religion is a farce. Seems like their more fixated on religion than people who are religious.

Originally Posted by escobarmeth

I mean, I agree with you in theory, but I think this draw Muhammad day deal is ridiculous. I mean, yeah, the point is to get at the extremists and the militants that are responding to depictions of Muhammad with violence, but what about the overwhelming majority of muslims who AREN'T militants? It's still against their religion to depict images of Muhammad and by declaring something like this it's just disrespecting the entire culture.
1. It's not my religion, these law don't apply to me
2. So....with that being said why is it ok for them to respond with violence to non-muslims committing a muslim sin
3. I agree not every muslim is like this...most muslims I know are very open minded. They chose to focus on the peaceful, spiritual side of things.

real non-believers don't even talk about religion, they just sit back and laugh at all the religious people who get trolled e.g. this whole draw muhammad thing

Originally Posted by rashi

I think it's kind of ironic that Atheists spend their lives trying to prove religion is a farce. Seems like their more fixated on religion than people who are religious.
I'm not tryna prove anything, i'm condemning hatred, subjugation, and violence.

-Atheists don't go on missionaries to convert savages
-Non-religious folks don't murder others in the name of their religion

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

3. I think the purpose of that thread was misunderstood.....I have nothing against Muslims or Religious people. I do have a problem with tyranny, violence, blatant sexual subjugation, lack of accountability, hypocrisy, mental control and enslavement.
Huh?
So what was the purpose of that thread again?

Can go both ways. 

I'm not an Atheist but I'm not saying GOD or a Higher deity exists.   Reason being is that, the big bang theory is just a theory and worshiping/believing in a God is based on blind faith.  But there are some people (religious) who would try to shove religion down your throat and non believers are often look down upon like they (we) are ******ed. 

Religion can be good or bad. Good, meaning it gives certain people a reason live a good (christian) life, have something to look forward to in the afterlife and it might also give them some source of security (knowing) there is someone that will there watching over them.
Bad, the extremists, no explanation needed. 

Some people just needs to chill somewhere, mind their business, stop sticking their noses where it doesnt belong, and let others who doesnt have the same mindset live.

I'm agnostic theist BTW.  
tongue.gif

whatever...not even going to get into the real or fake part...but religion sucks. it's the cause of so many major problems in the world

I didn't say you were.

- Non-religious people commit crimes and destroy private property because they do not like to other peoples views. So are you telling me that's ok?

Can go both ways. 

I'm not an Atheist but I'm not saying GOD or a Higher deity exists.   Reason being is that, the big bang theory is just a theory and worshiping/believing in a God is based on blind faith.  But there are some people (religious) who would try to shove religion down your throat and non believers are often look down upon like they (we) are ******ed. 

Religion can be good or bad. Good, meaning it gives certain people a reason live a good (christian) life, have something to look forward to in the afterlife and it might also give them some source of security (knowing) there is someone that will there watching over them.

Some people just needs to chill somewhere, mind their business, stop sticking their noses where it doesnt belong, and let others who doesnt have the same mindset live.

I'm agnostic theist BTW.  
tongue.gif

I believe in God, I'm not overly religious nor to I attend my place of worship, because I do not interpret the bible that way. Just because religious zealots make believing in God look bad, doesn't mean Atheists have a reason to be as annoying as the people they are trying to criticize.

I didn't say you were.

- Non-religious people commit crimes and destroy private property because they do not like to other peoples views. So are you telling me that's ok?

Can go both ways. 

I'm agnostic theist BTW.  
tongue.gif

I believe in God, I'm not overly religious nor to I attend my place of worship, because I do not interpret the bible that way. Just because religious zealots make believing in God look bad, doesn't mean Atheists have a reason to be as annoying as the people they are trying to criticize.

OK THIS THREAD IS GETTING OFF TRACK
laugh.gif

Aite let's go ahead and take the equation of religion out of this......is it ok to commit violence because of a picture.

BDW destoying private property does not equal physical harm and violence.....and what "atheists" commit these acts, you might have to educate me on that. More blood has been shed for the sake of religion than atheism.

This has nothing to do with religion, it has to do with control and violence....who knows years from now atheists may be the ones committing such atrocities. Religion is just an excuse for it.

I didn't say you were.

Can go both ways. 

I'm agnostic theist BTW.  
tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Aite let's go ahead and take the equation of religion out of this......is it ok to commit violence because someone because of a picture.

BDW destoying private property does not equal physical harm and violence.....and what "atheists" commit these acts, you might have to educate me on that. More blood has been shed for the sake of religion than atheism.

Nobody has the right to be violent unless in self defense, and I agree that it is a little over the top to get upset about drawing someones "God". Considering people know how Muslims feel about and people continue to do it anyway people should be prepared on how they will react.

The war memorial Cross in the Mojave Desert was stolen.

Like I tell everyone else, faith is not an enemy of thought.

I didn't say you were.

Can go both ways. 

I'm agnostic theist BTW.  
tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Aite let's go ahead and take the equation of religion out of this......is it ok to commit violence because someone because of a picture.

Nobody has the right to be violent unless in self defense, and I agree that it is a little over the top to get upset about drawing someones "God". Considering people know how Muslims feel about and people continue to do it anyway people should be prepared on how they will react.

The war memorial Cross in the Mojave Desert was stolen.

Like I tell everyone else, faith is not an enemy of thought.

So what are you trying to say, people who draw images of muhammed have it coming?
ohwell.gif

This is in response to the thread that got locked.....I was away and couldn't comment.

1. I'm not an atheist
grin.gif

2. I did not make ANY of those drawings but I support it........the tasteful ones at least (The one with the bomb was kinda OD)

Anyone who thinks I was taking a shot at religion completely missed the point. Extremism isn't about religion, it's about control. I highly doubt God if he exists would cosign any of this nonsense.

P.S. I didn't draw any of that...not tryna turn up on an Al Qaeda beheading mixtape.

smh.gif
So you support the drawings, and you suggest Islam and/or the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) promote sexual subjugation, violence, and terrorist activities...and you expect muslims to not be offended, or to come off as if you have nothing against Muslims?
I suggest reading up on Islam from a person who is Muslim, rather than whatever sources you receive your information from, to see if your mental constructs are truth or less than that.  

Originally Posted by BeautifulStruggle1223

1. I'm not an atheist
grin.gif

smh.gif
So you support the drawings, and you suggest Islam and/or the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) promote sexual subjugation, violence, and terrorist activities...and you expect muslims to not be offended, or to come off as if you have nothing against Muslims?
I suggest reading up on Islam from a person who is Muslim, rather than whatever sources you receive your information from, to see if your mental constructs are truth or less than that.  
Again...you missed the point. Offended or otherwise does this justify violence? I feel like a lot of people in here are making excuses for them.

I'm gonna use the word extremists instead of muslims from here on......most muslims don't support this.

Atheists nowadays have the most forceful, disrespectful belief system. That's why even though i'm not entirely religious, i refuse to associate with atheist orgs.

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

real non-believers don't even talk about religion, they just sit back and laugh at all the religious people who get trolled e.g. this whole draw muhammad thing
good point
laugh.gif

ergo,
roll.gif

If I could chime in real quick.

As a Muslim, I would be lying if I told you that those pictures these people are drawing didn't hurt me or I wasn't offended by them. This is a man that is dearer to Muslims than our own parents. However, I will say that these ridiculous attacks on the Prophet (P) are not new in the least bit. Personally, the personality and character of Prophet Muhammad (P) was one of the central reasons I become so interested in Islam. The more I read about him, the more I was certain that Islam was not only the correct way but the way I need to live my life. As I began to learn Arabic, I discovered a world of centuries of untranslated works by classical Islamic scholars that gave a wonderful defense of the Prophet against the baseless claims of the medieval Europeans that Muhammad was some sort of demon, possessed soul or just an outright liar. Like I said before, one of the personal reasons I was so attracted to Islam is because I studied the life of Muhammad from both Islamic and critical points of views and came to the conclusion that not only was he a sincere person but was what he claimed to be. These cartoons or any of these criticisms do not affect my beliefs in the least bit and in these last few years, I realized that every time someone wants to debate on the issue, they never really have any good points to back up their claims in regards to the Prophet's character. I know that the majority of these people drawing these pictures are mostly ignorant in the issue and are just following the hype claiming to be in defense of freedom of speech which is clearly not the case. It is interesting that if I established a Facebook group promoting negative, stereotypical images of Jewish figures, for example, I would be instantly labeled an anti-Semite and would have all forums for my expression closed off. These offensive pictures are not an expression of free speech but just a front to express hatred for a misunderstood religion. If anyone is truly convinced of their beliefs that Muhammad was an evil man or anything like that, then I would be more than happy to engage in discussion but otherwise it is just a waste of time and words fallen on deaf ears.

Another important thing is that I think it is important that we Muslims learn how to react to these situations in a more constructive manner. These images are horribly offensive and there should be an informational movement that debunks these myths/stereotypes of the Prophet and spread correct information. Reacting with violence is never gonna solve anything. Like I said, these people have been attacking the Prophet (P) for centuries and half of the things these people are claiming in 2010 were debated and debunked in 1010. We should make sure we are familiar with our own history so we can make intellectual counterarguments rather than reacting in blind rage or in a stream of nonsensical cuss words on FB. Honestly, if we Muslims did not make such a big deal about the FB page and would have just started an informational campaign from the jump without the dramatics, the page would have faded into oblivion but we ended up giving it the most press.

/rant

Back
Top Bottom