Athletes You've Seen In Person

i saw that $%@*#! grevus vasquez every weekend at the bars at college park ... he is a bamma in every sense of the word ... i played softball with his girl too ...

i saw that $%@*#! grevus vasquez every weekend at the bars at college park ... he is a bamma in every sense of the word ... i played softball with his girl too ...

A handful of Blazers (mostly while working at a grocery store). Partied with Oden's ex (then girlfriend) once, for some reason he didnt come even though he shelled out for a limo for her and her friends
eyes.gif

Met a couple old Blazers players. Helped Brian Grant find a cup for his kid for football. Talked with Steve Blake about a treadmill last year. He's lucky he didnt buy one since he was shipped outta here like a month later. My manager had him sign a baseball
laugh.gif

Met some Jaguars players for my birthday when I was a kid. Biggest name was probably Tony Boselli.
Went to a rival high school of Kevin Love's, so I saw him around back then.

A handful of Blazers (mostly while working at a grocery store). Partied with Oden's ex (then girlfriend) once, for some reason he didnt come even though he shelled out for a limo for her and her friends
eyes.gif

Met a couple old Blazers players. Helped Brian Grant find a cup for his kid for football. Talked with Steve Blake about a treadmill last year. He's lucky he didnt buy one since he was shipped outta here like a month later. My manager had him sign a baseball
laugh.gif

Met some Jaguars players for my birthday when I was a kid. Biggest name was probably Tony Boselli.
Went to a rival high school of Kevin Love's, so I saw him around back then.

*David Robinson (I knew he was tall,but when you're standing like 5 feet away from him...DAMN!)
*Warren Sapp (Walked RIGHT by him on the street and didn't realize it was him.By the time it hit me he was gone
30t6p3b.gif
)
*Rodney Peete (Hopped right out of the Caddy with Holly Robinson Pete in tow)
*Antawn Jamison (I spotted
him and his crew across the street from where I was posted up)
*Alonzo Mourning (Stepped out of the Continental T across the street from where I was standing.All the celebs were stepping out of their vehicles at the entrance)
^I saw all these people when the ASG touched down in DC (2000 I think?MCI Center > Verizon Center btw)
I also peeped Corey Maggette and (I think) Nikki McCray (who I had a slight crush on) or it could've been Chimiqua Holdsclaw (sp?).They were signing autographs at some event at the (old) Convention Center.I don't remember the nature of the event though.

*David Robinson (I knew he was tall,but when you're standing like 5 feet away from him...DAMN!)
*Warren Sapp (Walked RIGHT by him on the street and didn't realize it was him.By the time it hit me he was gone
30t6p3b.gif
)
*Rodney Peete (Hopped right out of the Caddy with Holly Robinson Pete in tow)
*Antawn Jamison (I spotted
him and his crew across the street from where I was posted up)
*Alonzo Mourning (Stepped out of the Continental T across the street from where I was standing.All the celebs were stepping out of their vehicles at the entrance)
^I saw all these people when the ASG touched down in DC (2000 I think?MCI Center > Verizon Center btw)
I also peeped Corey Maggette and (I think) Nikki McCray (who I had a slight crush on) or it could've been Chimiqua Holdsclaw (sp?).They were signing autographs at some event at the (old) Convention Center.I don't remember the nature of the event though.

Being that seattle is so small, this will explain most of the people i've met so,

Went to highschool with Brandon Roy ( class of 03, he was 02), we used to copy homework from the same chick ( who got pretty far on American Idol, i can't remember her name)
laugh.gif

Met Nate Robinson back in the day, his little brother ended going to my highschool and would just come by to chill in my neighborhood.

Same with Aaron brookes, would just see all the time growing up, was cool with his older brother ( never liked aaron too much)

Terrence Williams went to my high school before he transfered to Rainer Beach ( where Nate, and Jamal crawford went)

Everybody would see Jamal Crawford and Jason Terry. Still see Jamal at Rainer Beach when i'm in seattle (my little brother trains there, and will play in the fall)

Corey Dillon just around the city.

When i moved to the Bay:

Veron Davis a few times

Marshawn Lynch when he still lived in Oakland ( dude is a town +#+@% to the fullest
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
)

Alex Smith's weak +@@
30t6p3b.gif

Jamarcus Russell (I saw in the club more than a few times
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
)

Monta Ellis at the walmart by the Oakland airport. For a good month everytime i went to there I would see dude eating fries like somebody above said
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'll post more once i think of them

Being that seattle is so small, this will explain most of the people i've met so,

Went to highschool with Brandon Roy ( class of 03, he was 02), we used to copy homework from the same chick ( who got pretty far on American Idol, i can't remember her name)
laugh.gif

Met Nate Robinson back in the day, his little brother ended going to my highschool and would just come by to chill in my neighborhood.

Same with Aaron brookes, would just see all the time growing up, was cool with his older brother ( never liked aaron too much)

Terrence Williams went to my high school before he transfered to Rainer Beach ( where Nate, and Jamal crawford went)

Everybody would see Jamal Crawford and Jason Terry. Still see Jamal at Rainer Beach when i'm in seattle (my little brother trains there, and will play in the fall)

Corey Dillon just around the city.

When i moved to the Bay:

Veron Davis a few times

Marshawn Lynch when he still lived in Oakland ( dude is a town +#+@% to the fullest
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
)

Alex Smith's weak +@@
30t6p3b.gif

Jamarcus Russell (I saw in the club more than a few times
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
)

Monta Ellis at the walmart by the Oakland airport. For a good month everytime i went to there I would see dude eating fries like somebody above said
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'll post more once i think of them

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Countless Michigan athletes on campus (Darryl Stonum was in one of my classes last year)
Eric Maynor my freshmen year at VCU

Steve Francis at the airport

Played ball with Caron at Lifetime

Had lunch with Jeremy Lin

Juwan Howard at NT Chicago

Kevin Durant at Lifetime Fitness

Dhani Jones in Herald Square

Demarcus Cousins gave me a high 5 at the NBA draft 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Nate Robinson, Steve Nash, Gisueppe Rossi, Claudio Reyna and other athletes in Chinatown for Nash's charity soccer game

All I can think of right now.
still lying  i see.....you got exposed for not going to michigan and these countless other ducktales 
indifferent.gif

no shade but unnecessary lying is annoying 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Countless Michigan athletes on campus (Darryl Stonum was in one of my classes last year)
Eric Maynor my freshmen year at VCU

Steve Francis at the airport

Played ball with Caron at Lifetime

Had lunch with Jeremy Lin

Juwan Howard at NT Chicago

Kevin Durant at Lifetime Fitness

Dhani Jones in Herald Square

Demarcus Cousins gave me a high 5 at the NBA draft 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Nate Robinson, Steve Nash, Gisueppe Rossi, Claudio Reyna and other athletes in Chinatown for Nash's charity soccer game

All I can think of right now.
still lying  i see.....you got exposed for not going to michigan and these countless other ducktales 
indifferent.gif

no shade but unnecessary lying is annoying 
laugh.gif

I met Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton the year the Sonics went to the Finals. I talked to Mayweather after a press conference. De La Hoya and Mike Bibby too

I met Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton the year the Sonics went to the Finals. I talked to Mayweather after a press conference. De La Hoya and Mike Bibby too

Met Walter Mc Carty at a club in Vegas
Talked with Reggie Theus in the elevator at a hotel in Sacarmento
Saw TJ Ford playing ball at UT
Met Chris Gatling at a Finishline in Texas
Saw Ron Mercer getting out of a limo in NYC
Saw Ron Artest at a club in Houston
Met Shawn Bradley at the movies here in Utah
I've seen Paul Milsap, Matt Harpring, Mehmet Okur, Andre Kirilinko (sp?) around town in Salt Lake

Met Walter Mc Carty at a club in Vegas
Talked with Reggie Theus in the elevator at a hotel in Sacarmento
Saw TJ Ford playing ball at UT
Met Chris Gatling at a Finishline in Texas
Saw Ron Mercer getting out of a limo in NYC
Saw Ron Artest at a club in Houston
Met Shawn Bradley at the movies here in Utah
I've seen Paul Milsap, Matt Harpring, Mehmet Okur, Andre Kirilinko (sp?) around town in Salt Lake

living in LA you come across celebs/athletes here and there. Some of my more notable chance meetings

Some other NTers might also remember this but when we were camping outside of NTLA for the Espo/Pharell Artist Series, Mike Bibby, Bobby Jackson, and a few other of the Kings players happened to walk by and walked into the store. Bibby asked me why everyone was lining up, and it took me a second to realize it was him.

Was golfing at the local muni by my office after work one day when I shanked my drive into a stand of low hanging trees. Little did I know, but I almost pegged Jordan Farmar with the shot. When I went to go look for my ball he was driving around that area in his golf cart. He said he dropped his cellphone on that hole (he was a couple holes ahead of us). Farmar was playing with Kevin Love and a couple of their buddys. NBA contract money and all they can afford is a super twilight at a muni? SMH

living in LA you come across celebs/athletes here and there. Some of my more notable chance meetings

Some other NTers might also remember this but when we were camping outside of NTLA for the Espo/Pharell Artist Series, Mike Bibby, Bobby Jackson, and a few other of the Kings players happened to walk by and walked into the store. Bibby asked me why everyone was lining up, and it took me a second to realize it was him.

Was golfing at the local muni by my office after work one day when I shanked my drive into a stand of low hanging trees. Little did I know, but I almost pegged Jordan Farmar with the shot. When I went to go look for my ball he was driving around that area in his golf cart. He said he dropped his cellphone on that hole (he was a couple holes ahead of us). Farmar was playing with Kevin Love and a couple of their buddys. NBA contract money and all they can afford is a super twilight at a muni? SMH

Terry Cummings at 6 flags in Jersey and I interviewed Charlie V and Rudy Gay for a mini doc I did in college (Queens College, CUNY).

Terry Cummings at 6 flags in Jersey and I interviewed Charlie V and Rudy Gay for a mini doc I did in college (Queens College, CUNY).

went to the 2000 nba all-star festivities and met larry hughes, jamison, tmac (toronto) and glen rice

met ronnie lott at car show hes a nice guy

yeah thats probably about it

went to the 2000 nba all-star festivities and met larry hughes, jamison, tmac (toronto) and glen rice

met ronnie lott at car show hes a nice guy

yeah thats probably about it

when i worked at Niketown, i met Robinson Cano.. i was hype.
Also met Jimmy Kennedy at a Football camp in The Bronx when i was younger.. he was a bust though lol

when i worked at Niketown, i met Robinson Cano.. i was hype.
Also met Jimmy Kennedy at a Football camp in The Bronx when i was younger.. he was a bust though lol

Gary Payton's mother and father-in-law used to live across the street from me. They were having a party and invited the neighbors so I got to talk to Payton for a little bit. This was the offseason before he signed with the Lakers so he mentioned how he was in talks with them. He was a real cool dude.

Gary Payton's mother and father-in-law used to live across the street from me. They were having a party and invited the neighbors so I got to talk to Payton for a little bit. This was the offseason before he signed with the Lakers so he mentioned how he was in talks with them. He was a real cool dude.

has anybody seen any great moments in person? Like at the game?
for example:
-02 WCF Game 5
-00 WCF Game 7
-The Malice at the Palace?

those would be some dope stories
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom