Avatar Movie..Whos going to watch it?

I wasnt that interested but the HD trailer did look pretty nice and the 3d Imax will probably look insane. Im going to try to see it in Imax sometime next weekso i dont have to wait in line and rush for seats.

Watched it tonight in IMAX 3D and I loved it. The 3D was a bit dizzying at times (came only 30 minutes before so had to watch from the 2nd row) but damn wasthe movie visually stunning. Seriously, some of the scenes were just breathtaking. I mean, all of these Pandora scenes were digitally animated?! It'sreally that damn nice!

The plot was good enough and more importantly, you ended up caring about the Na'vi people.

Caught the 3:30 am showing and it was definitely worth missing sleep over. 3d IMAX well worth the $20 bucks I spent. It might literally be a top2 movieI've seen of all time

Originally Posted by TwoSickJays

anything less than a sweep at the oscars will get a kanye shrug from me.

mmmm ionno bout all that, but the movie was really good. Visually it was one of the best, the scenes were beautifully rendered and it gave you a feel of amodern day Pocohontas story. But as far as the plot goes, it wasnt anything substantial. Go see it! But Oscar performances? No, no it doesn't have that.

Saw the midnight showing last night and it was amazing. One of my good friends actually worked on the movie as one of the Lead Visual Effects guys and Ithought he was just hyping up his work. I was completely wrong. Yes, it's a another remix of a story that has been told many times but thevisuals/animations/special effects will have you feeling like it's a place that actually exists and a place that you hope doesn't get destroyed.

IMAX Theater, so necessary.

Caught in 3D on a non imax theatre last night.
Story was OK and yes we have seen it before but if you know anything about this movie you know the visuals were the real stars of the film. James Cameronwanted people to see this movie for a completely different reason than what everyone is complaining about,not for the story, he wants you to see if this is agamechanger, kinda like when the wizard of oz came out and people were shocked when they saw a movie in technicolor for the first time. It is especially whenthey show the natives and humans in the same shot, pretty crazy stuff.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

/
/

Watched it at midnight it was good real long didn't get out of there until almost 3am. Go see it in i-Max if you wanna spend a little more it'll beworth it.

Watched the midnight premiere last night. The movie was beautiful, the graphics and fighting were unreal.

The movie is a bit long though and at some points the movie is kind of slow, but I would recommend watching it

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

word...this is your download the camrip early type of flick. People who saw this already: do u recommend full imax, 3D or wat?
best movie of 2009 for me.......like others said, visually stunning... is an understatement. everything from the futuristic vehicles/robots andalien species were beyond belief. I can't believe people have the imagination to come up with a whole new planet and to come up with different species ofplants and animals.

you would do yourself an injustice if you download a camrip. just spend the $$$ to watch it in 3D/IMAX cause it's def worth it. or wait for the bluray.

AWESOME movie. Everybody should definitely see this movie. One of the best of '09

Loved the story, visuals were amazing. 3D made it a better experience.

I cant wait for the Bluray.

Movie was amazing
eek.gif
. I see why James Cameron took ten years to make it, the level of detail makes all other CGI movies look like garbage. Great story,nothing new, but it was still good. 3D is definitely worth it, regular is wasting your time.

4 stars easily

This movie was an experience, you won't believe that what you're seeing (except humans and certain indoor shots) is entirely cgi.

Tell me why this whole time I thought this movie was based off of the Nickelodeon cartoon?

As you can see from my previous statement I don't really care for this movie from what I've seen in interviews and trailers. I'll catch the bootlegtho and in 2/3 years when it airs on tv

as a special effects showcase it was pretty cool but as a movie...it sucked. Plot was way predictable and the characters lacked any substance. The CGIcharacters move awkwardly at times too, drove me crazy. I was entertained but not impressed for 12 years and over $500 million of work.

I liked it thought Cameron did his thing.... I did some research on the movie and saw that the whole CGI/ Live action cameras were actually developed for thismovie, everything was amazing.........

Like u guys said tho story wasnt THE GREATEST but it was still good.... probably not the next titanic tho.

Back
Top Bottom