Avatar Movie..Whos going to watch it?

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

^^ a few hundred million? this is the most expensive movie ever made, 500mil+
Five = a few

I wasn't trying to say it wasn't a lot of money, I was just refering to it as a few hundred million cause i've heard different numbers. from200-500 million total production cost, varying on the source and when it was mentioned. Regardless, if it was 2 3 4 or 5, I just said a few.

This will probably end up being an extremely successful film and I imagine the opening weekend will be huge. The hype surrounding this will lead people towatch it too.. It's definitely going to get copped on Blu-Ray.
pimp.gif

The reviews so far on Rotten Tomatoes are amazing

I watched it yesterday and
eek.gif
eek.gif
this hopefully will be the biggest movie this year because the graphics were AMAZING.

The storyline was great too, but those graphics had me wanting to !!$# a alien.

p.s my dad rates movies for academy awards, so this time of the year we get 5 movies a week. Most released already and some (The lovely bones, up in air,avatar etc) havent been released yet.

Here is the review from VARIETY - and I very much trust Variety's reviews:

The King of the World sets his sights on creating another world entirely in "Avatar," and it's very much a place worth visiting. The most expensive and technically ambitious film ever made, James Cameron's long-gestating epic pitting Earthly despoilers against a forest-dwelling alien race delivers unique spectacle, breathtaking sights, narrative excitement and an overarching anti-imperialist, back-to-nature theme that will play very well around the world, and yet is rather ironic coming from such a technology-driven picture. Twelve years after "Titanic," which still stands as the all-time B.O. champ, Cameron delivers again with a film of universal appeal that just about everyone who ever goes to the movies will need to see.

Originally Posted by Dank Roofus

eek.gif
eek.gif
this hopefully will be the biggest movie this year because the graphics were AMAZING.

p.s my dad rates movies for academy awards, so this time of the year we get 5 movies a week. Most released already and some (The lovely bones, up in air, avatar etc) havent been released yet.
Nice! How was The Lovely Bones? I have been hearing bad things about it..

im going to watch it.

on the way to the theater, i will be playing bangs -take u to da movies...

cuz i know what you like.

Originally Posted by parada45

I think I am the only one who thinks this movie is going to flop
if youve seen the previous threads about this movie, more people in them think it will flop than those who think it will be amazing, just look atthe second reply of this thread, people are seriously trying to make jokes in comparing some movie done by shyamalan or its cartoon on nickelodeon to jamescameron?
smh.gif

regarding cgi and special effects, itll be interesting to see what he can do

he hasnt put out a movie since titanic which was over a decade ago, and we've seen tons of movies utilize some impressive special effects over the last 10years

he did aliens and terminator which are still incredible sci-fi thrillers to this day, T2 is still a ridiculous action movie today, titanic speaks for itself

so when he says something along the lines of "the technology wasnt available until recently" - i look forward to seeing what he can do with it

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

Originally Posted by Dank Roofus

eek.gif
eek.gif

p.s my dad rates movies for academy awards, so this time of the year we get 5 movies a week. Most released already and some (The lovely bones, up in air, avatar etc) havent been released yet.
Nice! How was The Lovely Bones? I have been hearing bad things about it..

Honestly it was a disappointment because I read the book. And the book went way more in depth than the film did. I still enjoyed the film but it didnt meet myexpectations. Up in the air on the other hand was realllly good. But it'd be hard to hate any george clooney film anyways.

I want your dad's job
laugh.gif
glad you liked it..

Reviews are starting to come in, and have been great, so I'm definitely getting excited.

i did not plan on to watch, but my girl kept talking about it and the commercials got me interested in this flick. i get to catch it in imax 3d forfree...
grin.gif

It's getting great reviews. I was doubting this movie. Shame on me for not believing in Mr. James Cameron.

Back
Top Bottom