Bachelor Pad.

Midwood Brooklyn they want 1500 a month for something that looks like crap

Don’t do it, if it looks like crap. A lot of these landlords try be on a come up for desperate people tryna move in and charge a arm and leg.

I don’t know your situation, but my advice is to keep looking. Exhaust all options till your satisfied and the people you moving in with are as well.

Cause at the end of the day you don’t wanna move into a place that’s looks like crap from some coming to America type steez.

Are you tryna live in Brooklyn exclusively? Is it close to work and all that? What about trains how far is it ?

Nyc filled with decent gems just gotta look, best of luck.

Don’t slip on NJ like jersey city though if you willing to commute.

$665 :wow: prices for living outside of NY is unreal.

Blame a few mayors and politicians for making nyc like that. “Mayor Bloomberg”

Capitalism is running ramp in nyc right now. Dudes constantly buliding apartments but even your regualr New Yorker can’t afford what they selling. Smh. The playing field is all jacked up. I would never get into real estate in any capacity like renting out apartments and ish, cause them landlords and tenants fights be for real(too much headache just to squeeze a few bills in your pocket ). I’m glad I can just deal with a property manager here in texas and everything will get corrected(hopefully).

Will be buying a condo in nyc and miami and Houston when the time is right for me and my money is up there.

Other than that I would proably will never like to own a home/house imo that’s a trap. Since I’m a solo dolo type of guy it won’t work for me . Proably gonna do the bachelor thing for another 8-10 years. My life.

One thing I know about Texas people like building unnecessarily big homes. Who the hell living in there giants. C’’mon what a waste of wood and Material. The American superiority complex of having big things is so unnecessary. Less is more.

I wanted a two story, man cave etc house until we bought a ranch style three bed one and a half bath. I'm satisfied.

The born and raised Los Angeles mentality is hindering my life.

I flirt with the idea of selling and buying a property in Texas and semi retiring and just let my boy be my job, living off the interest of the profits or getting a part time gig like Uber or lyft to get income to pay for the maintenance of life.

Anyone here make that big of a jump in their lives ?

$665 :wow: prices for living outside of NY is unreal.

Man, I love New York. It will always be home for me. But moving was the best decision my mother could have ever made for herself and I. I would show you all the high rise in the heart of the city that I’m looking at for $1500, but that would be cruel. :smh: :lol:

Been interviewing for jobs up in the big city, looking at places and 2bed 2 baths are like 1000 sq ft. Going to be a huge adjustment for me if I get this job, I got 1700, a big attic and 3 car garage now. I like big city living in movies though like high rise apartments or the ones like hotels where you go in then access your home from the inner hallway but with the "luxury community" amenities (the ones with the gym, pool, clubhouse, basketball court, etc), can cop those for right at or under $1000 in OKC, something like this would be $900 and that's dead center downtown OKC. Only a few towers up there though and they all hitting in the head on rent prices. I could catch an old semi-renovated home in Chinatown, 2bed 1 bath like 1000 sq ft for about $750 though. Not moving unless someone throwing 70 racks at me though. Places keep hitting me up from indeed, see how much I make now, and want to waste my time telling me about their company and mission then offer a 20k paycut

[video][/video]

don't fall for the finesse, apartments loke that just want your money and have you locked into a lease/contract. It doesn't look bad at all. However don't take a paycut just cause an apartment looks nice. imo. Keep looking and keep hunting. good luck.

Don’t do it, if it looks like crap. A lot of these landlords try be on a come up for desperate people tryna move in and charge a arm and leg.

I don’t know your situation, but my advice is to keep looking. Exhaust all options till your satisfied and the people you moving in with are as well.

Cause at the end of the day you don’t wanna move into a place that’s looks like crap from some coming to America type steez.

Are you tryna live in Brooklyn exclusively? Is it close to work and all that? What about trains how far is it ?

Nyc filled with decent gems just gotta look, best of luck.

Don’t slip on NJ like jersey city though if you willing to commute.
JC is wack

$_57.JPG

anyone know this exact gray couch is in this picture or where i can get something like it...

Last edited:
https://www.perchfurniture.com/blogs/news/custom-modern-couch-with-metal-legs

Looks like that was a custom. I would say check Article but they have no showrooms and may be out of that range. I’ve heard the quality is there though.

good looking out chief, i'm about to move into my new apartment in a few. so it's gonna be new everything. I plan on getting a good quality couch but i don't wanna break the bank cause i need other pieces of furniture in the crib. one thing i know i need damm good couch cause that's the main centerpiece of a whole apartment or house. i'm still looking into it. appreciate the link its helping me.

Article is nice but I just couldn't pull the trigger on a full online order. I would check furniture stores in your area and see if there are any manufacturers local to you. That is what I ended up doing and spent about 1600 on my sectional.

I almost bought one I saw online then saw it in a store and so glad I didn't. Wasn't comfortable and the seat depth was short as hell.

Back
Top Bottom