Bachelor Pad.

Just moved into my first apartment.

Still not finished buying everything I need. Didn't realize how much little stuff I needed to buy and ended up burning through so much money. Still need a new chair, new tv, coffee table, rug, and I wanted to get some plants as well.

Anyone got any thoughts or suggestions? Wasn't really sure how to work with the space I had.

IMG_0443.png
You might want to mount the TV to save space. Is it a studio or is there a bedroom?

It's a Junior 1 Bedroom. Roughly 600 SQ FT.

I really wanted to have a counter behind the couch to double as a light dining table/kitchen island but not enough room unless I move up the couch, but then I probably wouldn't be able to have a coffee table.

Me and the fiancé moved into a townhome last week. We still trying to get things situated. Will take some pics when we’re settled. The rental game tough. Didn’t know folks were out here bidding on rentals. Also we have a one year old and a little dog. So I understood landlord’s decision on choosing tenants without pets or kids. We lucked up on this one cause the person they chose went out the country and couldn’t sign the lease within 24 hours. So we were next in line. Definitely gonna stop buying shoes for the time being :lol:
One person's loss is another person's gain.

Still not finished buying everything I need. Didn't realize how much little stuff I needed to buy and ended up burning through so much money. Still need a new chair, new tv, coffee table, rug, and I wanted to get some plants as well.

Anyone got any thoughts or suggestions? Wasn't really sure how to work with the space I had.

IMG_0443.png
Curious why you didn't get an office chair with wheels? Also where is this apartment located, state is fine. If you don't mind what is the going rate? Love the finishes, looks nice and high end.

One person's loss is another person's gain.

Curious why you didn't get an office chair with wheels? Also where is this apartment located, state is fine. If you don't mind what is the going rate? Love the finishes, looks nice and high end.

It came with wheels but it made the chair sit up too high in relation to the desk so I switched it to the flat feet. The model I got was actually a "drafting chair" technically so it was intended to sit up higher.

But I'm getting a new chair soon. Either the Aeron in white or Cosm in glacier.

Studio is roughly 2200. Paying a little bit more for a JR 1 BR. You can get a similar looking place for less I feel. I just particularly liked this place and the amenities.

Last edited:
It came with wheels but it made the chair sit up too high in relation to the desk so I switched it to the flat feet. The model I got was actually a "drafting chair" technically so it was intended to sit up higher.

Studio is roughly 2200. Paying a little bit more for a JR 1 BR.
2200!? Sheesh

What’s the location?

It's in DC. It's on the high end of prices but I'd say a lot of the new apartments in good locations are similar pricing. You can definitely pay less though.

Got around to taking some pics. Three story townhome. 3 bdr, 3 bath and 1 half bath. Still missing a few things, most importantly barstools! Wanted to make the first floor the office but having a 15 month old, found it easier to move my WFH set up to the main floor.

333EDB0A-D9B0-4A51-9275-3820B48EAF87.jpeg
DAD4156C-340B-4E5C-A2A8-F1D2F850022F.jpeg
B037C818-8209-47D3-B0BB-AF69FE7B8032.jpeg
D1A0397D-8921-44B1-8576-96ADD94DD8A9.jpeg

This is nice. I’m all about the joint kitchen/living room area. So spacious 🔥 Is that a balcony next to the work station?

Got around to taking some pics. Three story townhome. 3 bdr, 3 bath and 1 half bath. Still missing a few things, most importantly barstools! Wanted to make the first floor the office but having a 15 month old, found it easier to move my WFH set up to the main floor.

What’s the split on the bedrooms? Have a 3 story townhouse also (with a rooftop patio), but we only have 2 bedrooms/2 baths on the third floor and a study on the ground floor. Some units in my complex have a 3rd bed/bath on the ground floor instead of an office.

What’s the split on the bedrooms? Have a 3 story townhouse also (with a rooftop patio), but we only have 2 bedrooms/2 baths on the third floor and a study on the ground floor. Some units in my complex have a 3rd bed/bath on the ground floor instead of an office.
Man I wish we had a rooftop patio

Our two bed and two bath is on the third floor

On the first floor, it’s really a bedroom since it has its own bathroom and closet (closet is huge considering the second bedroom on the third floor is the size of a pantry). But we had planned to make that first floor bedroom an office. I’m pushing for a man cave but it’ll probably be a workout room or a third bedroom for visitors.

Man I wish we had a rooftop patio

Our two bed and two bath is on the third floor

On the first floor, it’s really a bedroom since it has its own bathroom and closet (closet is huge considering the second bedroom on the third floor is the size of a pantry). But we had planned to make that first floor bedroom an office. I’m pushing for a man cave but it’ll probably be a workout room or a third bedroom for visitors.
Our second bedroom is kinda like that…really only one way to have a queen bed in there and it’s pushed up in the corner. Kind of a squeeze to get the dresser in there as well. Works for the occasional guest we have stay over every now and then, but I would hate living in there full time. Makes for an excellent poop room in that bathroom though. Just get yelled at about cleaning the toilet every time we have somebody coming over who may end up crashing with us.

Wish we had a half bath downstairs with the study. It’s only like 17 stairs up to the half bath on our kitchen/living main floor, but I know the wife hates having to run upstairs during her one minute between calls all day.

Where is that couch from, famb?

Our second bedroom is kinda like that…really only one way to have a queen bed in there and it’s pushed up in the corner. Kind of a squeeze to get the dresser in there as well. Works for the occasional guest we have stay over every now and then, but I would hate living in there full time. Makes for an excellent poop room in that bathroom though. Just get yelled at about cleaning the toilet every time we have somebody coming over who may end up crashing with us.

Wish we had a half bath downstairs with the study. It’s only like 17 stairs up to the half bath on our kitchen/living main floor, but I know the wife hates having to run upstairs during her one minute between calls all day.
My girl always gets on me about that lol. She’s like we got 4 toilets why u always running to the main bathroom to poop. I’m like so lol. I just feel uncomfortable doing that anywhere else but the main bathroom.

tried to work on the first floor first couple of days but couldn’t do it. Little girl wasn’t having it. So moving to the second floor was better. More space for her to roam around and watch her programs on tv. But I do move the work station downstairs whenever we have guest just cause of optics.
Where is that couch from, famb?
Rooms to Go

IMG_0443.png
Definitely recommend a rug. But with your space maybe consider a side table next to your couch instead of a coffee table? Having that open space wouldn't make it feel so cluttered.

Definitely recommend a rug. But with your space maybe consider a side table next to your couch instead of a coffee table? Having that open space wouldn't make it feel so cluttered.

but then there would be no place to eat.

I think I would really appreciate actually having a little dining table and chair setup. Even something small near the window when I'm just trying to relax and eat. Being able to wake up and have breakfast near the window sounds kind of pleasant. but I don't know if I could configure that setup. Part of me was thinking of just moving the TV to my bedroom and not having a TV in the living room.

Last edited:
but then there would be no place to eat.

I think I would really appreciate actually having a little dining table and chair setup. Even something small near the window when I'm just trying to relax and eat. Being able to wake up and have breakfast near the window sounds kind of pleasant. but I don't know if I could configure that setup. Part of me was thinking of just moving the TV to my bedroom and not having a TV in the living room.
Ahh, I assumed you already had a dining set up. Maybe moving your workstation to your bedroom (if space is available)?

Where do you guys go for inexpensive furniture? Me and the famb moved to a house last year, so i finally got my own room.

I'm in need of a bigger bed frame and i was trying to take advantage of the potential labor day sales.

Damn this is hella nice...you still out in h-town?

Where do you guys go for inexpensive furniture? Me and the famb moved to a house last year, so i finally got my own room.

I'm in need of a bigger bed frame and i was trying to take advantage of the potential labor day sales.
#1. Rent a UHaul Cargo Van for the day
#2. Research affluent townships in your city, find out their trash collection schedule. (People will start putting stuff out the night before)
#3. You should only have to drive around for 45 minutes before your van is filled to capacity.

Studio is roughly 2200. Paying a little bit more for a JR 1 BR. You can get a similar looking place for less I feel. I just particularly liked this place and the amenities.

Do You Work In DC And Not Drive Or Want To Commute?

Coulda Had More Space In PG Or Mo County For Less.

Place Does Look Nice And Congrats! :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom