Bachelor Pad.

when factoring in car-related expenses (car note, insurance, gas, parking fees, and potential maintenance), it might even be a bit cheaper to live in DC.

also, the metro is expanding its hours and reducing fairs, plus the extensive bus routes all over the city.

Last edited:
Just moved into my first apartment.

Still not finished buying everything I need. Didn't realize how much little stuff I needed to buy and ended up burning through so much money. Still need a new chair, new tv, coffee table, rug, and I wanted to get some plants as well.

Anyone got any thoughts or suggestions? Wasn't really sure how to work with the space I had.

IMG_0443.png
Congrats. This looks like my boy's spot in Buzzard Point, but he has a 1 bedroom.

You can live right outside DC for a more reasonable price tho…doesn’t have to be 30 mins out in the burbs, it’s alotta options in between

The yambs ain’t coming back to VA THOUGH! Nice to just slide a few blocks away :nthat:
Idk nothin bout the VA side :lol: …But They’ll def come back just across the border to MD tho :evil: :pimp: …They even be out here for the main move sometimes, so I go weeks without stepping foot in the city :lol:

My friend had a place at the Navy Yard, right next to Nats Stadium. Really nice, but seemed like it could get old fast. $2400 a month. :smh: :sick:

Idk nothin bout the VA side :lol: …But They’ll def come back just across the border to MD tho :evil: :pimp: …They even be out here for the main move sometimes, so I go weeks without stepping foot in the city :lol:
Living in the city is great for folks who aren’t from and don’t know the surrounding area. Makes it easier to be in the thick of things if you built your friend group in the city.

I’m good in MD and could give 2 ****s about living in the city 😂 . Wouldn’t even entertain a job that’s not right off the metro train or under a 30 minute drive. I’ve been remote for like 3 years though

I'm a fan of the VA side, having multiple mini cities plus only 20-30 mins away from DC is ideal, don't see no issue. Don't see how people complain when their normal morning commute be it metro or car was an hour or more anyways. Plus the vibe is just more chill in VA, and **** just happens like it's supposed to. It's like every time I hit MD or DC for something to do there's always some kinda hitch with the smallest ****. Like buy some food, pickup an online order for another purchase, head home and done. In MD/DC the people at the restaurant gone be rude and slow, and your online order not even gon be there because someone slipped out the best buy warehouse. All that micro **** just adds up in your day.

suberzat1 suberzat1 pays like 3200 for his 1B over there

suberzat1 suberzat1

1630348101323.gif

This a joke though right? I know suberzat1 suberzat1 closet consists of more than Vineyard Vines and Patagonia. Can’t see him living in wack *** Navy Yard especially with that rent. I’m paying less to rent a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath house with a big backyard in DC. Y’all gotta start looking at renting houses before moving in these cheaply built apartments :sick::smh:

I'm a fan of the VA side, having multiple mini cities plus only 20-30 mins away from DC is ideal, don't see no issue. Don't see how people complain when their normal morning commute be it metro or car was an hour or more anyways. Plus the vibe is just more chill in VA, and **** just happens like it's supposed to. It's like every time I hit MD or DC for something to do there's always some kinda hitch with the smallest ****. Like buy some food, pickup an online order for another purchase, head home and done. In MD/DC the people at the restaurant gone be rude and slow, and your online order not even gon be there because someone slipped out the best buy warehouse. All that micro **** just adds up in your day.

What are you even talking about? :lol: Man I swear VA dudes be doing the most to feel a part of the DMV.

DC > MD > VA

Just renewed my lease for what I think is the last time, I am either buying or moving out of this city lol

What ya'll take on bars in your apartments? I am more of a wine guy but a lot of my boys have bar carts and I like the look and feel lol

I just found it funny when you said a reason VA > MD is because someone was rude to you at a restaurant and your Best Buy pickup order got messed up :lol:

And also “the vibe is just more chill in VA and things happen like they’re suppose to.” :rofl: Not sure what you’re talking about here but please explain further if you’d like lol.

Could’ve just left it at “I’m a fan of the VA side”>D

This VA, MD, DC talk in here is refreshing. I will back in the day it was a choir to get the yambs back to my spot in VA. I stayed out in Ashburn so it was EASILY 40 minutes to the city. I mainly had chicks from VA coming out, one chick from Stafford, another in Woodbridge and Manassas. However that just meant take my game on the road and hit up there home court for things.

Personally never considered moving to MD or DC though, always felt like MD was to hype all the time. Keep in mind this is 20/25 years ago, but since learned they have some nice suburbs in MD that are real chill.

Just renewed my lease for what I think is the last time, I am either buying or moving out of this city lol

What ya'll take on bars in your apartments? I am more of a wine guy but a lot of my boys have bar carts and I like the look and feel lol

They have the bar carts with the wine rack underneath the shelf which looks pretty clean.

I thought VA was weak too. My homie used to stay on the pike in Alexandria. Great spots to eat and hop around, the women amount was crazy too. Wasn’t worth the rent but I could see why people would prefer there.

I had to check my mans bc he not knowledgeable of the MD side so he tried to talk slick about it clearly some **** he heard some stuck up snobs say.

People on the VA side can how this nose in the air type vibe. At least the Alexandria & Arlington side.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom