Bachelor Pad.

Recently picked up the Thuma bed. My last bed finally gave out on me. Decided to try out something easy to assemble/move.

Need ideas for the bedroom. I already plan on picking up some art and raising the pillow board. I utilize the other room for most activities.
6FD31B15-195D-4B47-A932-ED0EC459DB1D.jpeg
F41C68DA-66B7-407E-ABB5-9890169A7829.jpeg

Do an accent wall on that wall the headboard is on, some shiplap or a wood treatment or paint it a different color. And get a 6ft tall mirror somewhere in there. The classic look is matching nightstands on each side and lamps but I havent really done that or cared much about deco over function since I moved out of my house and been in rentals. I use an ikea ranstand cart as nightstand, just need somewhere to lay my phone overnight while it’s charging

Recently picked up the Thuma bed. My last bed finally gave out on me. Decided to try out something easy to assemble/move.

Need ideas for the bedroom. I already plan on picking up some art and raising the pillow board. I utilize the other room for most activities.
6FD31B15-195D-4B47-A932-ED0EC459DB1D.jpeg
F41C68DA-66B7-407E-ABB5-9890169A7829.jpeg

I think a wall to wall headboard would love great in that space also.

Thanks for all of the ideas. I decided I’ll prob add a large canvas art piece above the bed. I already have a nightstand on the left, will prob add a 2 step bookshelf on the right to stack a few books, plants, art, etc.

Hopefully that all brings it together. Will add in photos as the pieces come in to see if I’m headed in the right direction.

Came back to this thread cuz I’m moving soon.

Saw some people ask for sectional couch ideas…

My couch easily favorite thing in my house. LoveSac Sactional w/ StealthTech. Me and my girl took all the cushion covers off to throw in the wash this morning (clutch feature). Have another base and cushion set sometimes we make it into solid 2x3 for a movie night or guests staying over. Fun to have new people over sit on the couch then start playing music and they look around confused like where the music coming from lol.
EDC8786F-3ADB-4A96-BE99-0E6BF9CA7BB7.jpeg
875B595B-4FF6-41E1-8972-5CE40D65ED44.jpeg

Also saw some art mentioned and I will say opt for real art instead of mass produced prints and then find a good frame shop if it’s a nice piece of art the right frame can really add a lot.

And regarding the fake plants that’s a hard no for me but to each their own. Some spaces don’t get enough light for real plants to thrive. If that’s the case it makes sense but otherwise it’s tacky IMO.

Last edited:
Any good recs ona reasonably priced mattress?

Been wanting to give these Nector type foam mattresses a try.

Im like 6’2 215.

Are these foam mattresses firm?

my zinus joint is great

like 200 bucks

just let it expand for an hour after opening

I also have a zinus I would avoid it.

From what I found out these cheap memory foam beds are full of fiberglass and you don't want to inhale that stuff.

Also, my zinus sags a lot and I'm not a heavy guy. I used to be 380lbs and now I'm 150, wet, and I still sink in.

My ex had a really expensive tempurpedic and it was great. Thank goodness I was sweating all over her mattress instead of mines cause hers probably stinks now

my zinus joint is great

like 200 bucks

just let it expand for an hour after opening
Nah give it at least 24 hours to fully expand. Heard from too many people who try to get on a memory foam after a hour and complain it’s not at full height

I also have a zinus I would avoid it.

From what I found out these cheap memory foam beds are full of fiberglass and you don't want to inhale that stuff.

Also, my zinus sags a lot and I'm not a heavy guy. I used to be 380lbs and now I'm 150, wet, and I still sink in.

My ex had a really expensive tempurpedic and it was great. Thank goodness I was sweating all over her mattress instead of mines cause hers probably stinks now
So I take the fiberglass thing with a grain of salt only because me, my roommate and my main have a memory foam. Of course the reviews all said fiberglass but we’ve all had ours for over a year with no issues.

Not saying now bs but I guess people just that unlucky

Any good recs ona reasonably priced mattress?

Been wanting to give these Nector type foam mattresses a try.

Im like 6’2 215.

Are these foam mattresses firm?

I like Casper a lot. Not too soft, not too firm and FWIW I got a ton of compliments from women about the sleep quality/comfort of the Casper back when I was single.

I like Casper a lot. Not too soft, not too firm and FWIW I got a ton of compliments from women about the sleep quality/comfort of the Casper back when I was single.
What about now that you’re not? Looking at some new bed options when we hopefully buy a house in Q1 23, gotta get wifey buy-in now though. She thinks her bed that we’re currently sleeping in is the most comfortable thing ever, but…meeehhhhh.

Have had a Casper for like 6 years now. Can't say I have any issues. Perfectly comfortable for me.

What about now that you’re not? Looking at some new bed options when we hopefully buy a house in Q1 23, gotta get wifey buy-in now though. She thinks her bed that we’re currently sleeping in is the most comfortable thing ever, but…meeehhhhh.

What are you using now? My girl still loves the Casper. To us it’s the perfect balance…she hates soft mattresses and I hate firm ones so the OG/hybrid model is a solid option. I don’t wake up with any soreness/back pain like I did when I had other mattresses. Idk how to describe it but it’s just comfortable.

It holds up well too, I’ve had mine for about 5-6 years so far.

What are you using now? My girl still loves the Casper. To us it’s the perfect balance…she hates soft mattresses and I hate firm ones so the OG/hybrid model is a solid option. I don’t wake up with any soreness/back pain like I did when I had other mattresses. Idk how to describe it but it’s just comfortable.

It holds up well too, I’ve had mine for about 5-6 years so far.
Some **** with some springs and a thick mattress topper. No clue what the actual mattress is, but it’s nothing special.

I think our biggest problem is that I typically sleep warm and she sleeps cold (I hate covers early in the night and she wants all the covers). I also occasionally snore (typically if I go to bed drunk on the weekends). I really don’t want one of those mattresses where she can just adjust my sleep angle and we essentially have two split mattresses. Seems like that’s really the only option that would fulfill both our wants/needs though. I feel like I’m 50 or 60 settling for one of those.

We bought a house. No idea what to do with the little front patio area. Think going to throw some olive threes out there and a few other plants.

We bought a house. No idea what to do with the little front patio area. Think going to throw some olive threes out there and a few other plants.
Lemon or lime trees might be less demanding long-term, but if you can handle olive trees that would be badass.

I am very due for a new mattress. It's been a good 10-year since I bought a new mattress. I definitely think the hybrid mattresses for me. Hopefully Santa gets it for me for Christmas

Back
Top Bottom