Bachelor Pad.

Damn sounds like a big project...Can you post some pics on here as you go along if you can? I like seeing progress with houses like that....Good Luck

Originally Posted by jrp44

Damn sounds like a big project...Can you post some pics on here as you go along if you can? I like seeing progress with houses like that....Good Luck
I will have pics up as soon as I make some serious progress on one of the rooms. It looks like the kitchen (appliances, cabinets, sink, countertop) will be the first room done. All I need to do is pick the tile I want and install it this weekend.

I can't wait for the day when I am shopping for furniture and accessories as opposed to robex wiring and unmodified thinset.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by imajaywalker

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Anyone ever painted a wall with chalkboard paint before? My brother wants to paint one of the walls in our living room, but I don't know if it'll look good.

a friend of mine had a wall painted chalkboard in his music studio room in his crib. it was pretty dope everyone who stopped by would sign it, that was a studio and not a living room though
i have chalkboard paint in my bedroom, but only on a section of one wall. It's more for utility and not looks...the flat paint would not be a good look for an entire wall i think. If it's gonna serve a purpose, go for it. Just know that it's not exactly like having a chalkboard. There's also whiteboard paint out there. thought about picking some of that up when i move out. Dry Erase>chalk

I will be getting a dry erase wall when I have my own place. From what I remember the paint is hella expensive but definitely worth it

cant wait to get my own place soon
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

no more roommates for college

Anyone ever painted a wall with chalkboard paint before? My brother wants to paint one of the walls in our living room, but I don't know if it'll look good.

My friend did that to part of her wall too. Looks pretty cool

Originally Posted by omgitswes

My friend did that to part of her wall too. Looks pretty cool

Instead of doing a whole wall, you guys could paint up some nice architraves/skirting board and form a big picture frame on the wall and paint the portion of wall inside the frame with the chalk paint. Have it as a feature.

Just an idea. I can see it in my minds eye but it really depends on the style of your place and what would work.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

^
what do they call that type of rug? Expensive?

It's just a basic shag rug, 6' x 9'.  I think I paid like $250 for it.  Having cats that scratch on it, it's kind of shedding, but I like the look and it does the job.

4Wrestling, is your floor cork? That looks good whatever it is. I'm looking to buy right now but dude is just throwing carpet and tile in all of them, frieze carpet in some instances which looks better but I'd prefer wood or cork I have heard lots of good things about though I've never seen it in person. Then I want my master to have something different from the rest of the house, like a complete different color wood and paint the walls, gonna create an emboiance. I should get to a Lowe's or something and give them all a look, or I should decide on a house first, I don't even know which order.

Also, is there a tutorial somewhere on how to do the invisible wires look? Are you just hiding a whole surge protector behind the wall and then having it pop out the wall down closer to the outlet then plug back in, or is there even a way to keep that invisible?

Read the past 40+ pages, lots of dope stuff/info. I'm moving into a new place in August, got a couple of ideas from this thread.

Back
Top Bottom