Bachelor Pad.

Niiiiiice spot steebie ... very clean set up...

Gives off a mature vibe. Where are you located and what's the rent looking like?
'preciate that. im located in houston and rent is $1130. where im at is close to just about everything important in town. so to me its a nice deal considering prices around me is $1200+

Last edited:
'preciate that. im located in houston and rent is $1130. where im at is close to just about everything important in town. so to me its a nice deal considering prices around me is $1200+
1200 in the H? you must be over there off westheimer by the galleria...

it comes with a garage and what not?

i'm looking to make moves out here in the D, but 1.2hunna.... cant do it.. .:lol:

^ clean spot my dude. I like it. 1 bed room? How many sq ft?
preciate that! yea its a 1 bdr and its 723 sq ft.
1200 in the H? you must be over there off westheimer by the galleria...

it comes with a garage and what not?

i'm looking to make moves out here in the D, but 1.2hunna.... cant do it.. .
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 bruh and thats where i stay at. no personal garage but a parking garage. i had to move close to work. the traffic in this town is OD. its about a 5 min drive vs. a 45 min - 1 hour drive
sick.gif

Steebie J that spot is :smokin :smokin man

I'm gonna be moving down to Arlington,VA with my friend for a short time within the next month... then I'm gonna look to get my own spot eventually but the prices are :x :lol: Gonna have to do some due diligence to find a nice spot that's affordable

Last edited:
Steebie, where abouts in Houston? I'm currently in a 1200 sq/ft loft w/ an additional 1500 sq/ft of terrace space downtown. You don't even lie about the prices though, damn!

anybody have any experince with living with no television ? the only thing i watch or movies and basketball / football but i can do that at bars and the cinema , video games dont hold intrest as they once did as well. obviously i would have internet access .
I've lived without a television for just over a year now and I can honestly say I don't miss it for the most part. I use my laptop for the few shows I watch and for movies. The only thing that sucks is when it's football season because I hate to miss a Ravens game. I usually go to a bar and friends usually come with me so it's not so bad. But sometimes you have a hangover or the weather is bad and you just want to watch the game laying down in your bed. Not being able to do that can suck. However, there are websites to stream the games.

Bought the similar one in black from Walmart for 200 if I remember, same build and pattern. It was sturdy enough.

Steebie, where abouts in Houston? I'm currently in a 1200 sq/ft loft w/ an additional 1500 sq/ft of terrace space downtown. You don't even lie about the prices though, damn!
Im in the galleria area on the corner of 610 and 59. If you're riding down 59 south and right when u go under 610, it'll be on the right. One spot i got my eye on is the Live Oak Lofts on Polk St. One of my boys live there and its nice as hell.

Im in the galleria area on the corner of 610 and 59. If you're riding down 59 south and right when u go under 610, it'll be on the right. One spot i got my eye on is the Live Oak Lofts on Polk St. One of my boys live there and its nice as hell.

Yeah I know exactly where that place is. Only terrible thing about downtown living is almost ALL spots close between 3-6, so dinner plans are never "down the street".

Yeah I know exactly where that place is. Only terrible thing about downtown living is almost ALL spots close between 3-6, so dinner plans are never "down the street".
yea i remember walking around downtown after the club and seeing some eating spots with business hours. kinda caught me off guard lol.

Alright guys I need a little advice, I'm 22 and turning 23 later on this year and I might be ready to move out. I got a good job so I'll be making $1500 a week/$6k a month for the majority of the year and as low as $600 a week if my work gets slow.

I'm a little confused as to whether I should save up for a down payment on a house or a down payment on a condo in Downtown Miami or even rent an apartment.

At my age what would be the right choice for me to live in for the next 3-5 years until I can maybe start a family?

Alright guys I need a little advice, I'm 22 and turning 23 later on this year and I might be ready to move out. I got a good job so I'll be making $1500 a week/$6k a month for the majority of the year and as low as $600 a week if my work gets slow.

I'm a little confused as to whether I should save up for a down payment on a house or a down payment on a condo in Downtown Miami or even rent an apartment.

At my age what would be the right choice for me to live in for the next 3-5 years until I can maybe start a family?

Personally id try and save for a down payment, I have just came out of a Rented apartment and I wish I has saved that money to put towards my own Crib

Thanks!

I'm located in Houston. Its a mid rise apartment complex and i stay on the 4th floor. My rent is about $1130 :\

Thanks ill look into that.

Or you could buy black cardboard panels (square/rectangular) and cut them to fit the shape of the TV stand. Then cut circular holes on each level big enough to feed the wires through.

If you're not feeling that motivated, check craigslist. You're guaranteed to find a good TV stand and be able to talk the seller down.

Personally id try and save for a down payment, I have just came out of a Rented apartment and I wish I has saved that money to put towards my own Crib

Agreed. You are making pretty good $ so I'd just save up for a crib. You are young and you may not be there in a few year but you could then just rent it out and continue to build equity while making a little coin on top of it. (Make sure that if you do this the HOA will let you rent)

I'm 26, just moved back in with moms (Atlanta) after having my own spot (Milwaukee) for about 2 years to save money to buy a crib. Lord knows its hard :lol:. Gotta keep my eye on the prize though. I can't stomach paying rent any more.

Stebbie J, salute to your spot. Very clean. Women's draws stand 0 chance when they walk in there :pimp:

Agreed. You are making pretty good $ so I'd just save up for a crib. You are young and you may not be there in a few year but you could then just rent it out and continue to build equity while making a little coin on top of it. (Make sure that if you do this the HOA will let you rent)

I'm 26, just moved back in with moms (Atlanta) after having my own spot (Milwaukee) for about 2 years to save money to buy a crib. Lord knows its hard :lol:. Gotta keep my eye on the prize though. I can't stomach paying rent any more.

Stebbie J, salute to your spot. Very clean. Women's draws stand 0 chance when they walk in there :pimp:
I dont think people realize the hassle of selling, or even renting out homes.

**** ain't easy, famb.

Man this thread got me feeling like I need to step my crib game up to the next level..

Make sure the market/area you buy in is rentable or that you can sell the house easily. The last thing that you will want is to be stuck in a home in your mid 20's b/c you are under water or can't rent it out. It's one of the reasons that I still rent. I don't live in an area that has a stable real estate market.

Why not do both? Rent a place for as little as you can tolerate, so you can save more for a down payment to buy a place if/when your life changes. Yes, you will not be building equity during this time, but at the same time, you eliminate the potential risk of needing to rent/sell a house and not finding anyone to rent it/pay what you're asking. That's the recipe for taking an L.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom