back in the go-go :: wale - bun b - pusha t - tre (ucb)

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

"LakersRock20901,"
Your post is jive contradictory when you actually read what you posted, but I respect your view.

However, you're not a "signed" emcee who talks like the greatest among the regular folk and younger sneaker crowd, thus, you should be hype to have a pic with another artist you are a fan of.

Break...Breakdown -- You're into sneakers, so i.e., you shouldn't be hyped to take a pic with Alex aka "retrokidd" and expect immediate "props" from your peers, because y'all are equals. Makes sense? Probably not to you, but oh well. I tried. Do you, and watch me continue to do me.

Dude is doing him and always will. However, dude already got enough in his camp and everywhere else telling him he's great and he straight hissy fits when someone doesn't approve of his work (proven here alone on Niketalk).

So if I can be the "hater with intelligent points of view" and pinpoint something none of the goons are willing to tell him straight up in the fashion I let it out, I will. I'm gonna be honest with my folks. It's called balance -- That's a form of "support" too you know? lol.

K. Burns is published calling dude "the next Jay-Z," so I've treated him as such ever since. No slack here.
I COMPLETELY understand what your saying. Dude does have MANY singing his praises and i see where you are coming from but using your same analogy,RetroKid and I are equals as human beings, of course. We are both "Sneaker Heads" so IMO that would put us in the same CATEGORY but equals in thesneaker community would be a stretch. He is more known and more established in the sneaker community so I dont think we are equals in those terms. If i were tomeet him tho, i would definitely like to chat with him about shoes. He seems like a very knowledgeable and chill dude but i would not ask him for a pic (and imsure Wale didnt ask for one either) and if for some weird reason there was a pic taken of us i definitely wouldnt put it as my profile pic on myspace or fb (Ideleted both of mine btw) BUT RetroKid is not the Jay-Z of sneakers. The point is, Wale and Jay are both rappers, which puts them in the same category but byno means are they equals in the rap game so him putting a pic of them is more of a token of respect IMO. Also, there is nothing wrong with constructivecriticism. Everyone shows their support in different ways... and for someone to say the he is "the next Jay-Z"... wow. I've never heard anyonesay that. I like the kid but idk if i like him THAT much.. if he can do it tho, more power to him but he has his work cut out for him and a LONG way to go.

Originally Posted by DCshoechick

This is one curse about rapping over a very popular beat that the artist ripped.....you have the unfortunate circumstance of being compared to the original track. So I always try to bring more than what the orginal artist did. Gossip is a hard track to do over, cuz Weezy ripped that joint.

Thats is so true, but in all honesty, Ive never listened to hit. The beat caught my ear on the BET Awards, and I really wasnt payin attention to hislyrics...then some weeks later I just happened to stumble upon the beat. But, I do agree with u

This is one curse about rapping over a very popular beat that the artist ripped.....you have the unfortunate circumstance of being compared to the original track. So I always try to bring more than what the orginal artist did. Gossip is a hard track to do over, cuz Weezy ripped that joint.

Thats is so true, but in all honesty, Ive never listened to hit. The beat caught my ear on the BET Awards, and I really wasnt payin attention to hislyrics...then some weeks later I just happened to stumble upon the beat. But, I do agree with u

sneakerhead, that's a funny term..... But the song is just ok to me... The beat is too much, too much is going on! I do think Wale has flow but themainstream stuff he puts out doesn't show his true talent. I dont like the go-go rap joints... They wack to me!!!..Put out the fire that creative stuffWale....

sneakerhead, that's a funny term..... But the song is just ok to me... The beat is too much, too much is going on! I do think Wale has flow but themainstream stuff he puts out doesn't show his true talent. I dont like the go-go rap joints... They wack to me!!!..Put out the fire that creative stuffWale....

Back
Top Bottom