Barack Obama: A review

So after two terms of president Barack Obama, how do you view him, as a man and president?

When he got elected, I voted for him because I wanted this proposed "change" and also wanted that mental shackle broken; not being able to conceive a black president ( and one that stayed alive).

I ain't vote for him the 2nd time cus the illusion for me has faded away. I feel like he was just another one of them. I didnt think he would drastically institute things that addressed issues within the black community, but I thought he would get us a bit more united a focused and push some initiatives to put us in a better position. He was never that guy, pretty naive of me.

Now dude is done and still moving around but I feel he never was and is not a champion or leader of black people. He could be currently be a true leader rallying us to move forward. Someone we can get behind. But appeartly, he's just another politician. Those are my thoughts gut I dunno.
I'm looking at this from the angle of having a "black president" and his relationship with the black community.

What you think?

Last edited:
49c0c650262a26037b134a8d0dc18538.jpg

superantigen superantigen was my first line of thought but then my thought process quickly spiderwebbed.

Op, was that your first time participating in the voting system? did you closely follow this presidency after you voted? Did you get caught up in the hype or do your own research? How do you feel about local elections? The elections system in general?
Not expecting you to answers these questions but I just want to know your mindset now.

To answer your question, I felt the same way about Obama when he went in as when he came out. I didnt expect much but it was cool to see the reaction older blacks.

Question: Why are you waiting for someone to lead you? If you are black, and informed, why not precipitate the change you want and/or think our people need?

Never said I was waiting to be lead by anyone :lol:
I am the change I want to see.

I just thought he would have been one in the White House and even morso afterwards. But from my perspective on that, I was wrong

The are some things he did and some positions he took that I completely disagree with, but compared to other presidents, all things considered, he was probably the best one of modern time (he is competing with a lot of **** from recent times). I knew what I was getting when I voted for him, and he mostly didn't disappoint.

Obama used what power he did have to deliver results for his coalition.

Those are upset he didn't do more, then I sure hope the take interest in how House elections, Senate elections, local elections, gerrymandering, voter suppression, and State AG lawsuits. Because all those things had an impact on slowing him down. I was not looking for him to be the leader of black America or a spokesman for us. I expected him to be a good president with good policies. His policies like affordable universal healthcare, criminal justice reform, free community college, higher minimum wage, criminal justice reform, going after the illegal gun trade, and a jobs program would have all helped Black America. I would not vote for someone like Ben Carson or Tim Scott because they have horrible policies.

So while it was great to have the symbol of a black man as president, when it comes to politics I wish more black folk focused more on policy rather than people.

Last edited:
I dont remember. Im a registered Independent if that makes a difference. If it does then I didnt, if it dont then i did.
:rolleyes I don't even know what to make of this answer.

I will just want to make the point that if you want political change, it takes activism and constant voting. Voting once and expecting Barack to play black Santa Claus for the black community was a fool's errand. That is not what he pitched himself as, and that is not how it works. If you want him or any president to deliver the policy to help black vote, they need a Congress that will work with them and a SCOTUS that will rule his laws constitutional.

superantigen superantigen was my first line of thought but then my thought process quickly spiderwebbed.

Op, was that your first time participating in the voting system? did you closely follow this presidency after you voted? Did you get caught up in the hype or do your own research? How do you feel about local elections? The elections system in general?
Not expecting you to answers these questions but I just want to know your mindset now.

To answer your question, I felt the same way about Obama when he went in as when he came out. I didnt expect much but it was cool to see the reaction older blacks.
No, not my first rodeo. Matter fact, I used to be out registering folks to vote. I was apart of many local election campaigns in NYC and CT. I was into all that. Then I started not wanting to be involved in. I started distancing my self from the process and just voted, til I felt started to disengage in that. Then Barack came on the scene and I was down primarily cus he was black and some of his positions on policy were inline with mine at the time.

I only started to think about this from being in the Umar thread and thinking about all the black leaders that have come and gone and the absence thereof now. And it got me think who could of garnered the attention and had the respect of the black people. And he came to mind.

Again, I dont need a leader. But it would be a powerful thing the galvanize the masses. I do think it would be a benefit.
But yea, it wasnt him, and he never really claimed to be that either.

So, you voted for Mitt? Why?
at that point in time, i developed different beliefs that he was in line with. ( Funny thing is my family dont even know this. Theyd look at me crazy. The prolly jsut assumed i hit democractic all the way lol)

I voted for Nader and Stein. Saw right through Obama's corporate suit.

If I had voted for a president who ended up with a lot of blood on his hands (like he did), I would never get that awful feeling out of my stomach for the rest of my life. His foreign policy was just barbaric and catastrophic. Democratic voters should be ashamed. And look what pitiful sheep they still are today. Ugh. God help us all in 2020.

Obama, one of the worst bought and paid-for politicians of our lifetime. I heard he gets paid half a mil to give a speech these days. Suckers lol.

I voted for Nader and Stein. Saw right through Obama's corporate suit.

If I had voted for a president who ended up with a lot of blood on his hands (like he did), I would never get that awful feeling out of my stomach for the rest of my life. His foreign policy was just barbaric and catastrophic. Democratic voters should be ashamed. And look what pitiful sheep they still are today. Ugh. God help us all in 2020.

Obama, one of the worst bought and paid-for politicians of our lifetime. I heard he gets paid half a mil to give a speech these days. Suckers lol.
I'm not

Back
Top Bottom