BARKLEYS!!! Pics of Air Max CB34 samples on Sneakernews...

I've never seen the other page but can someone post pics of Brkley wearing these? I don't remember hm wearing these. Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by KB8virginia

I've never seen the other page but can someone post pics of Brkley wearing these? I don't remember hm wearing these. Thanks!!!

222261.jpg

222090.jpg

olympic PE
pimp.gif

221066.jpg

72567680.jpg

olympic pippens just for kicks...
pimp.gif

Didn't think I would like these as much as I did when I saw them in person. Shape wasn't terrible like I've seen in a lot of pics. Still, will wait until a sale or outlet.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by marcelwuzhere

160 to much mane! that fool aint Jordan (and Jordan need to lower his prices too! 130-140)

when they originally dropped he was Nike's flagship athlete...him and penny had higher priority over jordan.
I never knew that!
nerd.gif

160 to much mane! that fool aint Jordan (and Jordan need to lower his prices too! 130-140)

when they originally dropped he was Nike's flagship athlete...him and penny had higher priority over jordan.
I never knew that!
nerd.gif

roll.gif
I disagree.  Penny and Barkley sigs were well recieved, but they didnt have higher priority over the main cash cow (Jordan).   You can probably could have said this during Jordan's hiatus though.

These Barkleys were a hit in 1996, but the majority went hard for the Jordan XI and Air Max Penny.  You couldve still purchased these Barkleys well in to the Summer of 1996.  I was 12 at the time.  

Originally Posted by Steve212

I never knew that!
nerd.gif

roll.gif
I disagree.  Penny and Barkley sigs were well recieved, but they didnt have higher priority over the main cash cow (Jordan).
da proof is in da pudding sir...check 1994, 1995 and 1996.....and 1997
grin.gif
jordan was OLD news after he retired da first time in da sneaker world...don't

let this "retro era" fool you...once your kicks were old no one wanted em...it was very much about da latest and greatest.

nike-air-max-2-cb-94-pure-purple-2.jpg

barkley

nike-air-go-lwp-flight-retro.jpg

penny

air-jordan-ix-white-black.jpg

jordan..

answer : NO ONE cared about da IX's when penny had a slick lookin shoe at a midprice and da barkleys were da FLAGSHIP shoe for nike that year..it

INTRODUCED air max 2 technology...and no one had more swag then barkley when he went to da suns.

nike-air-cb34-godzilla-95-charles-barkley-shoes-1.jpg

barkley

nike-air-max-penny-1-black-varsity-royal-white-2010-retro-1.jpg

penny

air-jordan-x-steel.jpg

jordan

by da time da X's dropped his line was already transitioning into da reflective period..."commemorating his accomplishments" and wrapping up his line..

little did we know he was gonna come back but  as you can see here da sneakers reflect which ones nike WANTED to push forward into da next phase of

nike's future and which one was part of its past.

max-cwb.jpg

let's not also forget da OG chris webbers had da streets in da frenzy too...da jordan X's paled in comparison.

had it not been for jordan's comeback and that da following next 3peat, his line would've died....jordan wasn't da cash cow during these years.

I think these are the best looking barley out of the bunches. I had these back in the days. They were awesome

I agree with Ninja, I didn't care about the IX and X back in the days, but I always wanted the CB34 and Air Max Penny 1 but just couldn't afford them.

i really wanted the white black ix in 94 but could not find them. at 14 i didnt have enough money to get a pair even if i did. however, i do recall trying a pair of charcoal ix on but my mom would not get them for me because they did not fit my leg braces. instead i ended up with a pair of clunky chunky size 10 all black filas...eww!

Those Barks need to b copped..but only on an Employee Appreciation..they're not goin anywhere..

grin.gif

And of course in 1994-1995, the Jordan line was in limbo. Hell, Powder X's and Charcoal IX's were on sale in FTL's in Fall 1995 in my hood. But when the man came back, and took back his throne, Jordan was once again the golden goose.

Back
Top Bottom