BARKLEYS!!! Pics of Air Max CB34 samples on Sneakernews...

Originally Posted by alleyzonjay

since no1 has yet..

5oyx5x.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think David Choi posted pictures like 6 pages back.

I expected more people to take pictures though. It looks like a lot of people are waiting for a price drop.

saw these at HOH and they look good, I kinda like these more than my Godzillas since there's more purple accents on the shoe. Might cop later if the price is right.

da proof is in da pudding sir...check 1994, 1995 and 1996.....and 1997
grin.gif
jordan was OLD news after he retired da first time in da sneaker world...don't

let this "retro era" fool you...once your kicks were old no one wanted em...it was very much about da latest and greatest.

This statement brings back memories I remember back in 1994 when the 3's retroed they did so bad I scooped the White and the Black pair from Footlocker outlet for $50 a piece..I remember rockin them and somebody saying to me why you got them old Jordans on ...made me never wear them again
laugh.gif
.....I swear I think moms tossed them out like a year or 2 later.

Originally Posted by HottDogg2k3

da proof is in da pudding sir...check 1994, 1995 and 1996.....and 1997
grin.gif
jordan was OLD news after he retired da first time in da sneaker world...don't

let this "retro era" fool you...once your kicks were old no one wanted em...it was very much about da latest and greatest.
This statement brings back memories I remember back in 1994 when the 3's retroed they did so bad I scooped the White and the Black pair from Footlocker outlet for $50 a piece..I remember rockin them and somebody saying to me why you got them old Jordans on ...made me never wear them again
laugh.gif
.....I swear I think moms tossed them out like a year or 2 later.
Hey I agreed with you. But after Jordan's first retirement, the demand on retro Js have increased drastically~  

Ninja, you are def right about barkleys being bigger then the ix and x, but the penny 1 and xi concord both dropped around Nov 95....  

youve got the dates off somewhat.....

starting with the IX, jordans started dropping around 11/1 instead of 2/1, so the IX came out 11/1/93, the X 11/1/94, and the XI concord dropped black friday of 95......

but its true alot of people dont remember, the IX and X were straight flops and discounted hugely while Barkleys were flying off shelves, even dating back to the Air Force Max... Barkely was the hottest player and had the best tech, even dating back to the 180s when he was on Philly, he got even bigger on the Suns, and had the first Force Max, then the updated one Force Max CB, then the Max2 CB with the bigger bubble was easily Nikes biggest basketball shoe of that season....

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

Ninja, you are def right about barkleys being bigger then the ix and x, but the penny 1 and xi concord both dropped around Nov 95....  

starting with the IX, jordans started dropping around 11/1 instead of 2/1, so the IX came out 11/1/93, the X 11/1/94, and the XI concord dropped black friday of 95......

but its true alot of people dont remember, the IX and X were straight flops and discounted hugely while Barkleys were flying off shelves, even dating back to the Air Force Max... Barkely was the hottest player and had the best tech, even dating back to the 180s when he was on Philly, he got even bigger on the Suns, and had the first Force Max, then the updated one Force Max CB, then the Max2 CB with the bigger bubble was easily Nikes biggest basketball shoe of that season....

Yep.  Chuck's NBA Finals appearance helped his cause a lot.  But when the XI, XII, and XIII dropped, Chuck, Penny, Pippen etc, were a lot of people's second option.  Nonetheless,  no doubt about it, anything Chuck associated with sold.  Even Right Guard sold! 

These were really the end of the prime era of the Barkley Line imo.....always thought it was weak that Nike reused midsoles on these and the 2 sigs he had on Houston.....

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

Yep.  Chuck's NBA Finals appearance helped his cause a lot.  But when the XI, XII, and XIII dropped, Chuck, Penny, Pippen etc, were a lot of people's second option.  Nonetheless,  no doubt about it, anything Chuck associated with sold.  Even Right Guard sold! 

This is right on point. This is why as a kid, I was a bigger Barkley fan than a Jordan fan. Jordans and Barkleys were like 1 and 1a. Then you had Penny's, Pippens, etc. Yeah, the IX and X flopped do to MJ's retirement. I remember seeing people with IX's and X's on like "why? He's not even playing". I buy Jordans but I was always a bigger Barkley fan.

Anyone know how these run? Thinking of copping the blue glass colorway but not sure what exact size to get.

When jordan came back and wore concords against the magic and Ahmad Rashad had them on courtside and showed them, the anticipation was crazy. But before that it was all about penny's and barkley's, deion's, the first webber's, even griffeys were gettin love. Also if I remember correctly Nike was really pushin their crosstrainer line so alot of people had those in various models.

Originally Posted by Finn

Anyone know how these run? Thinking of copping the blue glass colorway but not sure what exact size to get.

They run true to the size.  I've tried on my normal size and a half size down.  The half size down hurt my toes.  They're pretty comfy.

I don't think Chuck liked these that much.  Other than an Olympic PE, he never wore these in games.  He wore the Air CB34, Air Max2 CB, and the Air 2Strong in 95-96 instead.  This is still a bad shoe though, and I'm amped for the white Suns colorway.

copped da phx color in da hood for bout a buck and some change 
pimp.gif

home color phx is next, and im pretty much done with da barkley series.

Got my blk pair for $89.99. I'm amped for the wht colorway. We finally get a true home Suns retro.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom