Basketball Thread About Nothing

Game has changed, last night Speights set one for curry cutting to basket Both defensive players went for curry 3pts swish from speights from dray. Gotta let them play theirs.

The key is to have ppl with somewhat good/solid basketball IQ's. Cause if they're trash, they're trash.

famb 10 times outta 9, if someone got good BBIQ in pick up, he's normally good or at least decent.
Nah **** don't fly here in Indiana b that's all we got to do here.
man i was thinking hard about this but i can't think how someone with good BBIQ can be trash?
ohhhh i misread that. Yeah but not everyone that plays pick up got a good IQ though. Ain't nothing worse than someone who think they're the **** at ball dunking and **** before the game starts and ends up gunning and shooting dumbass shots

Last edited:

The key is to have ppl with somewhat good/solid basketball IQ's. Cause if they're trash, they're trash. ****** think cause they can dunk a basketball or shoot an open jumpshot they're good. Nah b.
yes but that ain't always the case. 9 times outta 10 yes however, a dude with a non-stop motor and out hustling dudes can sometimes be the missing ingredient when it comes to winning a couple of runs.

Im 6'2 i like to shoot from 3. I got decent handles. When im open my jumper is all day. I play pickup at the park near my house. This white guy nate always talks **** and thinks hes kobe its funny. But hes kool with me ive been hooping with him since 06.

Last edited:
i feel like my game is most effective if i got a competent big. setting solid screens, scoring from the post, pick and popping, switching and hedging hard on screens, protecting the paint, etc. that's that **** i do like.
I'm your man. lol I'm 5'11 but this what I love to do lol.

Game has changed, last night Speights set one for curry cutting to basket Both defensive players went for curry 3pts swish from speights from dray. Gotta let them play theirs.

None of you small ball as ***** are getting picked up by me. It's bad enough it's game point and y'all wanna chuck up a 2 pointer from the 24 hr fitness logo when big man had a mouse in the house for an easy game winner.

As a PG, I appreciate a big man with hustle and average BBIQ. Someone who will take what the D gives them when deciding on a PNR or hitting them with the 15 footer. A big man who is the MLB of the D and calls out those screens and willing to switch on a moments notice. A goon who recognizes that you had Achilles surgery 2 yr ago and these young Russell Westbrook ****** always have a step on you, but you lay them down if they attempt to try to posterize you. Because when the game is on the line, everything is full circle. Big man will throw back out for the easy open mid range if you've been taking care of him.

Wavy will always have a spot on my team. I'll switch to the off guard and make sure we run some staggered screens so you can get that J off. People like you are necessary when it's game point and they don't fold under pressure and try to be the hero at the same time

wavy no disrespect but u sound trash af bro. actually not trash but your scouting report aint putting fear in anybody's heart but u seem like a type of person i would enjoy playing with. it sounds like u got high BBIQ and so-so game but at least u know your limits.

:lol: it's all good. Hard to explain my game...but it's really effective. Almost every game, there will be stretches where I get about 3-4 straight post buckets because a guard is sticking me, and dudes will either double...or start switching. Or I get a "baby" on my hip and it's lobs over the top. That's fear. You'd be surprised the advantage a post up guard has in pickup bball :lol:.

Not only that, P&R works easily in pickup...because dudes flat out don't know, or care to defend a pick and pop or roll. Me having a good handle, I'm able to exploit this. I'd honestly say I have a very high bball IQ...and good fundamentals.

On another note...some of the worst Pickup players are the "Buddy Ball" dudes. The two butt buddies who come to the court thinking their 2011 Bron and Wade. Chucking terrible shots and only passing between themselves :smh:

Last edited:
Just got done balling and I saw a new one today. Intentionally wrapping your arms around a big man who gets the wide open shot down low. Then calling a foul on yourself giving the ball back up top. Yo, everyone got pissed :rofl:

You guys ever played with someone who would just catch and shoot. No dribbling, no passing, just throwing it up.

if we had a NT All-Star Game, who wins? East or West?
nerd.gif
that NY cat is going to bring Cesar and its a wrap for us west coasters

That bigger stocky dude you guard cuz he looks out of shape n prob wont do much but ends up having about 5 or 6 points, got sneaky speed, post moves, a lil shot and shuts you down on D

Ya boy :smokin

I hate playin now cuz even more so than before dudes jus wanna jack up 3s and think the hot sauce with mediocre handles

- the dude that calls fouls every time he drives to the hoop smh

- the one guy who doesn't take the game seriously heaving shots 3 feet behind the three point line when the rest of the team trying to win

-The guy that spends 5 mins a play showing off handles.

-The guy that comes up to the court and spends half the game talking to his girl through the fence.

-The guy that argues every call.

-The guy that dresses fresh  but can't play ball for nothing,  so he acts you're so weak that he's "not playing for real".

Last edited:
I'm a bigger dude (no ayo) so whenever I play with new people, they assume I'ma be lazy on the court. I end up putting in my portion of the work. I never play 'star of the team' or anything but I push to put in work on both sides of the courts. So many dudes wanna be the hero of the team smh

I got that ugly spin around fadeaway tho, ugly shot but it has a high percentage and can't be blocked [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom