Batman: Arkham Origins thread, Cold cold heart DLC April 2014

Any chance this will be available for next gen systems?
I doubt it, but you never know.

Around the time info about Arkham Origins first started coming out I remember reading that Kevin Conroy (the dude who voices Batman in AA and AC) said he was working on a new Batman game and Origins wasn't the game he was referring too.

That game is most likely to be a PS4/X1 game.

Comic-Con: Batman: Arkham Origins Panel Round Up

The big reveal in the Batman: Arkham Origins panel today at the San Diego Comic Con was the addition of Copperhead to the cadre of assassins compelled by Black Mask’s $50 million bounty on the Batman. While a smaller character in the DC Universe, the team at WBGames Montreal - the designers behind the new game - wanted to push the envelope a bit with Copperhead and take the villain, a poison-loving contortionist, and make him a her! That’s right... "Arkham Origins’" Copperhead is a female. The team showed new footage from the game (see it yourself by clicking here!) which found Batman engaged in hand combat with a thug, while Copperhead slinked around in the shadows. When the time came to strike, Copperhead flung herself at Batman, wrapping herself around our hero and tossing him aside with a ferocious leg-whip. An acrobatic melee between the two ends when some of Copperhead’s venom hits its mark, leading a woozy Batman to ask, “What did you do to me?”

While Copperhead was a bit of news for gamers eager to learn more details about the autumn release, it wasn’t the only item revealed by the developers. Eric Holmes, creative director for WBGames Montreal, also showed off new skins that will be available for Batman in the game. These included one from the Classic 1960s TV series, Knightfall, Deathstroke - who will be a playable character in the challenges for those the preorder the game, Batman One Million - a very futuristic take on the hero based on Grant Morrison art, and Worst Nightmare - a savage, horrific look at Bats that was characterized as a ‘hardcore unlock’, meaning that it only becomes available very late in the game. Holmes said more skins will be revealed via Twitter (@ericholmeslive) in the near future.

There was also was confirmation that there is no Robin in "Arkham Origins," as the story is loosely based on a "Year Two" idea, where Batman is still maturing. According to Holmes, he is a less experienced crime fighter, but not incompetent. There however is a good chance that Batgirl will make an appearance. Holmes stopped short of a confirmation, but the hint was cast that she will be in there.

There was also more information regarding Deathstroke revealed. Holmes said that he is the assassin that always seems ‘a step ahead’ of the others trailing Batman. He also said that there are likely certain ‘easter eggs’ in the game meant for fans of the hitman.

While nothing has been said about future Batman games from WB Montreal, the crowd roared with approval when asked if they would be interested in a game based on Batman Beyond. DC chief creative officer Geoff Johns would not comment on whether or not any other Batman game was in the works, but there are definitely more DC titles in the pipeline.
“I’m a huge gamer,” said Johns. “The stuff and the characters in these games they’re pushing is something new. The games are just getting bigger and bigger and better and better. The amount of DC games coming out is staggering... stuff we can’t talk about yet.”

Johns also added that he liked the new take on Copperhead so much that she will be added to the company’s comic pages soon.

Ollie in the background is probably for the set of Arrow toys and that is hwy he is facing the other way. The costume looks exactly like the one from the TV show too.

Ollie in the background is probably for the set of Arrow toys and that is hwy he is facing the other way. The costume looks exactly like the one from the TV show too.

Guess you're right. Might also be why he has a different stand as well.

I loved the first two, hope this one does not disappoint (which I doubt it will)

Arkham Origins Collectible Figures (not sure why Ollie is in the background though)

View media item 501726

Copped
20130718-053306.jpg

Mad Hatter Confirmed for Batman: Arkham Origns
by Spencer Perry
July 23, 2013

This year's San Diego Comic-Con revealed Copperhead as one of Black Mask's assassins in the upcoming Batman: Arkham Origins, but the lastest issue of Official Xbox Magazine has all the details on another villain: The Mad Hatter.Though not officially part of the "assassins" group, Hatter will appear as a side mission in the game, much like he did in "Arkham City," but this time around he's kidnapped a woman to be his new "Alice" and the dark knight has to traverse through an Arkham-inspired Wonderland to rescue her.

"Mad Hatter is a character we loved in Arkham City," says creative director Eric Holmes. "We loved his presence, and we really wanted to do more with him. When we realized we wanted to bring him back, we also realized that part of the core experience of the Arkham franchise is its abstract encounters. It's not just literally walking into a room with a bunch of thugs who are doing some sort of deal and knocking them out. It's also these inner journeys, where you're mixing a little bit of what Batman's mind is with a little bit of what the villain is, and how he might get inside Batman's head."

Developed by Warner Bros. Games Montreal, Batman: Arkham Origins features an expanded Gotham City and introduces an original prequel storyline occurring several years before the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. Taking place before the rise of Gotham City's most dangerous villains and assassins, the game showcases a young, raw, unrefined Batman as he faces a defining moment in his early career as a crime fighter that sets his path to becoming the Dark Knight. As the story unfolds, witness identities being formed and key relationships being forged.

Batman: Arkham Origins will be available for the Wii U, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC on October 25, 2013.

Not usually a fan of trying to force multiplayer modes into Single Player centric games, but the 3v3v2 aspect of this is catching my eye. Wonder how its going to work out, cause the only way to ensure that its balanced is to underpower Batman and Robin drastically.

Curioser and curioser.

Details:

Multiplayer Comes to Batman: Arkham Origins
2 vs 3 vs 3 gameplay rocks Gotham City.

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot. Until they find some friends, that is.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has revealed a new wrinkle to Batman: Arkham Origins, its prequel to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, with the announcement of a 2 vs. 3 vs. 3 online multiplayer mode developed by Splash Damage (Brink, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars). Invisible Predator Online will pit Batman and Robin against two player-controlled teams of gun-toting henchmen, each consisting of three players, led by the competing Bat-villains Joker and Bane.

These aren’t just any ordinary henchmen, though – Joker and Bane have enlisted their Gang Elite to take down the Dynamic Duo, outfitting them with special gadgets like Enhanced Vision, which works like Batman’s Detective Vision to see other players through walls and objects but with limited battery power, and deadly themed weapons like the Joker gang’s “Surprise, You’re Dead!” proximity mine gift box or the Bane crew’s ultrasonic pulse that can zap enemies even through walls.

Though I initially had reservations about how well multiplayer could be incorporated into the Arkham world, my hands-on experience in several matches quelled my fears (Scarecrow’s fear toxin not included). In the level I played – set inside the crumbling interiors of Blackgate Prison – the two Gang Elites competed to secure three different control points. If your gang holds a majority of the control points, the opposing gang will lose a respawn every 30 seconds for each one you hold. Once a team has used up all its respawns, either by getting toasted by the rival gang or subdued by the Caped Crusaders, it loses. Likewise, Batman and Robin fail by being sent to that great belfry in the sky once too often.

Batman and Robin win through intimidation, by taking down gang members, varying their tactics, and subduing high-value targets like gang captains, until Joker and Bane stop the operation.

Playing as Batman or Robin is all about mastering stealth, cunning, and your environment. The heroes have all the moves and gadgets that Batman has in the solo campaign, but they’re hardly bulletproof. As Robin, I started out perching on the gargoyles, using my Detective Vision to track henchmen’s positions, and waiting for one to wander underneath so I could drop down for an inverted takedown. Or if one is isolated, I could target him and swoop down with a glide kick to the head. When caught up close, I whipped out my fold-up bullet shield to block gunfire before stunning the Joker flunky with a shuriken (Robin’s version of a batarang) and then knocking him out with my bo staff.

Batman and Robin can also set traps, such as spraying a walkway with explosive gel, retreating to a convenient vantage point, and setting it off when a henchman or two get too close. They can also hide under those walkways in grates, stealthily picking off unaware goons from below. And to ratchet up the tension even more, the environment will play tricks on unsuspecting bad guys, occasionally spooking them with a swarm of bats or distracting them with flapping cloth that looks like the rustling of a cape.

But because those goons are human-controlled, they’ve got a few tricks up their garishly colored sleeves as well. Gang Elite can’t be subdued by stealth attacks if they’ve seen the Bat or Bird first, such as spotting one moving into position on a rooftop or sneaking underneath in grated vents. Luckily for Batman and Robin, they can temporarily scramble a Gang Elite’s Enhanced Vision as well as temporarily scramble a hold point to keep either gang side from capturing it.

After the battle has been raging for a while, Joker or Bane become unlockable. When activated, the first Gang Elite member to reach his secret hiding place will be able to control his respective gang leader – and that’s when the action gets really intense.

Each supervillain has his unique strengths and abilities. Bane, for example, is a bulldozer of a man, great in melee confrontations, who can pummel his opponents with his fists and soak up heavier damage from gunfire. He can even pick up an enemy and toss him as a weapon, or unleash doom with a rocket launcher. The Joker is deadlier at a distance, armed with two custom hand-guns – the Ace of Spades, an explosive hand cannon with tons of splash damage, and the King of Hearts, a one-shot kill weapon that requires more careful aim. When caught up close, Joker can give pursuers a lethal jolt with his Joy Buzzer.

While Invisible Predator Online is set during the window of Batman: Arkham Origins’ fiction, it isn’t directly connected to it. Robin, for example, will not play a role in the main story, though he’s a prominent figure here, but playing the solo campaign will allow you to unlock as-yet-unspecified items in multiplayer mode.

Make no mistake, this is no after-thought multiplayer mode tacked onto a solo campaign. Invisible Predator Online is shaping up to be a full-fledged, tension-filled multiplayer experience that psychologically scarred whackjobs on either side of the law will appreciate.

VIDEO GAMES: United Kingdom BATMAN: ARKHAM ORIGINS Collector's Edition Announced

onAjEug.jpg

EXcgJPT.jpg

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today unveiled details for the Batman: Arkham Origins Collector’s Edition. The UK package will be available from 25th October, 2013 in limited quantities for the Xbox 360[emoji]174[/emoji] video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]3 computer entertainment, and will retail for £79.99. The North American version of the Collector’s Edition will be announced next week.

The UK Batman: Arkham Origins Collector’s Edition will include the following extensive bonus content:

Exclusive Arkham Origins highly detailed premium statue featuring Batman & The Joker, measuring approximately
- Height: 30cm
- Depth: 13.5cm
- Width: 13cm
80-page, full-color hardcover artbook
Assassin’s Intel Dossier, including files on the eight assassins, as well as Black Mask’s contract
1st Appearance Batman Skin DLC
Deathstroke Challenge Pack DLC – Usable throughout all the Arkham Origins Challenge maps and also includes two bonus challenge maps and two bonus Deathstroke Skins
Exclusive 3D Metal Pack
The PS3 edition will also include the Knightfall pack as an exclusive piece of content

The Batman: Arkham Origins Collector’s Edition will be available for pre-order in the UK exclusively at www.amazon.co.uk

IDK, I'm kinda sold on this even w/ the dismissal of RS. This game is lookin real good. I think I'll wait until Black Friday to cop like I did w/ Arkham City since I got it for half off :lol:

IDK, I'm kinda sold on this even w/ the dismissal of RS. This game is lookin real good. I think I'll wait until Black Friday to cop like I did w/ Arkham City since I got it for half off :lol:

I did the same thing

But I need to get the collectors edition :pimp:

Anyone know if collector editions go on sale on black Friday? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom