Batman Beyond Movie?

Do you think in the next 3-5 years they will release a Batman Beyond movie? I think it's about time.

Who you think could play a great older version of Batman?

Do you think in the next 3-5 years they will release a Batman Beyond movie? I think it's about time.

Who you think could play a great older version of Batman?
Yes they'll make one because they aren't going to let the Batman movie franchise die for this decade only 2 years in and it would be a shame to have anyone handle the classic version of Batman other than Nolan and he said he's done.

IMO they should have made one instead of Batman Begins, and the Batman Begins premise should have replaced Smallville, that should have been a Bruce Wayne series.

Yes they'll make one because they aren't going to let the Batman movie franchise die for this decade only 2 years in and it would be a shame to have anyone handle the classic version of Batman other than Nolan and he said he's done.

IMO they should have made one instead of Batman Begins, and the Batman Begins premise should have replaced Smallville, that should have been a Bruce Wayne series.

nah, there gonna reboot batman in a sense, and go towards making a justice league movie. I remember reading on some site how after seeing how well the Avengers did, the studio wanted to go in that direction, but they couldnt while Nolan still was doing batman

Last edited:
Eventually I hope they do. Imagine a batman movie set in a Tron type atmosphere. I mean I can't speak for anyone else but myself but the TRON movie that came out a couple years ago had some great visuals. To me that type of atmosphere would go great with a batman beyond movie.

A Batman Beyond will be hard to sell. I notice this with NT but most here just like these concepts because of the cartoon and without it, no one would even care about Terry Mcginnis. Those cartoon has huge influence in this forum, I mean people were wondering why there was a white guy playing Green Lantern in the movie because the JLA cartoon had a black guy play GL. :lol:

It barely has any comic book presence and were/are just done as a mini-series. Batman Beyond popularity is pretty much limited to that cartoon to most of the public, it just isn't big enough in my point of view not to mention it is set in the future and those tends to cost a lot to make and crappy.

Do I want to see it made, hell yes but do I see it as a possibility in the near future? Nope.

I was partially wrong on the GoTG film being made, I still don't think it'll be a big success but it is being made which I didn't anticipate.

In the next 3-5 years? Definitely not Im sure they're focusing on TRYING to get a Justice League movie together

I have faith it will happen in the near future 
wink.gif

there was plans @ one point. here is some details from an article i found on a wikipedia. i would love for a live action movie because da cartoon was dope & i still look @ da reruns on the hub channel.

"There was also a planned Batman Beyond live action feature, to be written by Paul Dini. However, Warner Bros. shelved the project and eventually went with the Batman Begins concept instead. In August 2000, Warner Bros. announced that it was developing a live action film adaptation of the TV series Batman Beyond with Boaz Yakin attached to co-write and direct. The TV series' creators Paul Dini and Alan Burnett were hired to write a screenplay for the feature film, with author Neal Stephenson consulting the duo.[9] By July 2001, a first draft was turned in to the studio, and the writers were waiting to see if a rewrite would be needed. The studio, also exploring other takes of Batman in development,[10] eventually placed the Batman Beyond on hold in August 2001."

Probably not. Expect another Batman reboot and maybe his inclusion for the JL movie.

I don't think there's even a BB ongoing right now, there's really not a huge of talk of ppl wanting that Batman. I do admit if there was a movie it would sell just off the name but ppl may sour to it since the character of Terry hasn't been fleshed out enough or is near badass as Bruce as Bats. Sometimes to me from the cartoon (which I think ppl will think of before any of the Beyond comics) is that he was just a guy in the future with Iron Man gear/weapons with the Bat motif.
I have faith it will happen in the near future :wink:
Near future? Really? That's the problem with faith.

Loved this series, definitely would be nice to see one. Would definitely rather have this than any Robin type of movie.

Eventually I hope they do. Imagine a batman movie set in a Tron type atmosphere. I mean I can't speak for anyone else but myself but the TRON movie that came out a couple years ago had some great visuals. To me that type of atmosphere would go great with a batman beyond movie.

That would be epic.

There not coming out with a Justice League, are ya'll crazy? Superman movies have all flopped and all the other characters haven't had a movie yet except for Green Lantern (which blew).

Batman is in category by itself. Just leave it alone. Batman Beyond would be even worse.

Can see it happening  But how would Terry McGinnis fit into the DC Universe? He's an ALT character.

Can see it happening  But how would Terry McGinnis fit into the DC Universe? He's an ALT character.
I don't know but Warner is looking at money here

Tron + Iron Man + Spider Man + The Dark Knight = Perfect Mix to get a Summer Blockbuster

Movies have been done with less character development, and with this character, we're talking about a 4 year television show.

Put out a few animated movies and test the market, and put the character back in peoples minds.

In the next 3-5 years? Definitely not Im sure they're focusing on TRYING to get a Justice League movie together
Lol Nope

No justice League. They cant even get a Wonder Woman movie off the ground for some stupid reason. The Christian Bale Batman will not a integrated into that kinda thing because Bale wanted it to be completely separated from the DCU

He is not a ALT character anymore. He is atleast he was a Canon story in the DCU except he isn't Bruces son through some stupid plot twist and instead of Bruce being his Mentor its Damian Wayne. Now because of that stupid new 52 BS I'm not sure on anything Batman anymore since the story stopped making sense

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom