Battlefield: 3 -Official Thread- Be Advised: We are Mission Launch -

While I don't see this game developing a dependancy on mods there are several shooters who thrived off them: Quake, Unreal, DF2, etc

I wouldn't say I feel entitled to things as a PC gamer but ever since cross platforming began we've had to sit back and watch our games get "dumbed down" for consoles, watch private licensings kill open source code and the destruction of true community based gaming. So yeah, sorry if I have a bit of animosity towards consoles but they haven't done me much good over the years.

i preordered from amazon today (360)

gonna have way too many games in the span from sept-nov wish they all werent dropping at the same time

Word.. other than Bc2.. i dont play anything else anymore. The occasional Fifa & Blops (
eyes.gif
) and thats about it...

I might play MoH again but i feel there is only like 10 ppl in the servers
laugh.gif

I wish Batman Arkham City was out.

Anyways, still cant wait for this...

^ yup. It's gonna be the same thing for me. Gonna be broke by December.
laugh.gif

Christmas season. The best time to burn some money for most folk.
ohwell.gif

[h2]
[h2]Battleblog #2: With A Bit Of Class[/h2]
Welcome to the second installment of the Battleblog, a blog series taking you all the way to the launch of Battlefield 3 on October 25th! In this blog series, you’ll learn more about every aspect of our biggest shooter ever. This time out is a look at the classes found in multiplayer with Senior Mulitplayer Designer Alan Kertz.

Here at DICE, we’re very proud of the team play functionality that we have become known and loved for in the Battlefield series, and we’re continuing to embrace that approach for Battlefield 3, but not without a few upgrades for the new game. In Battlefield 3, we’re making sure each of the four playable classes (Assault, Engineer, Support and Recon) are each completely capable of holding their own in combat. While they each have different specialties, each class is a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

If you’re that kind of lone wolf player who simply wants to jump in and cook some fools, that’s perfectly fine – we’re making sure each class in Battlefield 3 packs a mean punch on their own, giving you another chance to play it your way. However, we’re also hard at work fine-tuning each class and their unique team play capabilities, so squads in Battlefield 3 will be able to function tightly, giving even more reasons to team play than ever before.

MP_5F00_Character_5F00_Profiles_5F00_US.jpg_2D00_550x0.jpg

As mentioned, the four classes available in Battlefield 3 are Assault, Engineer, Support and Recon. All classes include familiar elements, but this time around, we’re tweaking things a bit, bringing something new to our online multiplayer. Our Assault class is still the frontline run and gun class, and considering the havoc and fallen team members someone will see while on the frontlines, the Assault soldier now has medic abilities. That’s right, all the abilities such as medkits and defibrillators typically found on the Medic class are now incorporated into Assault. It makes sense that the class on the frontline will be able to revive fallen team mates, right? Right! Remember, you can play it your way, so if you want to customize your Assault soldier more towards medic abilities or towards serious gunplay, it’s totally up to you.

Engineers are returning in Battlefield 3, bringing back the class in charge of making repairs to the various vehicles on the battlefield. On the other hand, the Engineer is very adept at taking down vehicles as well – this class includes RPGs that can take down armored targets that can’t be destroyed by bullets alone, or even building facades that enemy combatants may be using to take cover. Add the fact that an Engineer’s arsenal includes Carbine weapons, you get an extremely versatile multiplayer class that can truly move like a butterfly and sting like a bee.

The Support class makes its return in Battlefield 3, incorporating the ability to use light machine guns and can lay down heavy fire, allowing him to become a serious mobile weapons platform. “Support has always been about heavy infantry firepower from his LMG,
[/h2]

Quick question: does Battlefield Bas Company 2 require the use of an online pass to access online multiplayer like other EA games?
nerd.gif
If so, I might just cop my own copy instead of borrowing one from a friend.

If anyone's down for tactical game play on BC2, look me up. I'm new to BF and trying to get prepared for BF3...

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Quick question: does Battlefield Bas Company 2 require the use of an online pass to access online multiplayer like other EA games?
nerd.gif

someone answer im in the same boat...i sold my black ops...id i want bc2 to get ready for bf3 id really buy it used for less but it doesnt make sense if i gotta pay 10$ for a online pass 

nerd.gif
You usually get a VIP code/pass w/ a new copy. I dont thats required to play online. But it gives u free map packs. I think 7 map packs. I say just buy new. its only like 29.99 or 39.99 and its still one of the best FPS games out so i say its worth it.

^ thanks for the input. Just purchased the Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition for about $32. There was a Best Hits edition of the game available as well (about $22), but there was no DLC and Battlefield 1943 included in that edition. Practically got the game without shelling out any cash too, trading in some of my old games (with money to spare, to boot).
pimp.gif

Gonna try it after work. I just hope the learning curve isn't that steep.
laugh.gif

Been playing the game since 4am earlier.
laugh.gif
And the online multiplayer around a couple of hours ago.

This game is awesome. Absolutely #%¥£s on Black Ops. Maps are huge! Still doo doo at it, but it's been really fun so far.
pimp.gif

EDIT: one minor quirk with the game, though is that it randomly freezes during an online multiplayer match. Happened like 3 or 4 times to me just today.
ohwell.gif
Anyone else experience this? Will this be resolved?
nerd.gif

Been playing the game since 4am earlier.
laugh.gif
And the online multiplayer around a couple of hours ago.

This game is awesome. Absolutely #%¥£s on Black Ops. Maps are huge! Still doo doo at it, but it's been really fun so far.
pimp.gif

EDIT: one minor quirk with the game, though is that it randomly freezes during an online multiplayer match. Happened like 3 or 4 times to me just today.
ohwell.gif
Anyone else experience this? Will this be resolved?
nerd.gif
sick.gif
 I've never had this happen on the 360, nor the PC.. must be a PS3 thing perhaps.

I've done a bit of Googling the issue and it does happen to a lot of other people as well.

At one point, in multiplayer, the sound cut out on me as well. Again another common issue among others.
ohwell.gif

Anyway, both issues seem to be fixed after a reset, but it is still an inconvenience, especially playing multiplayer with your friends in a squad.

At any point, can you talk to other guys on your side that is not on your squad?
nerd.gif
If not, I think they need to implement that in the new game.

Hmm. Never had it happen to me. Sometimes in the Main Menu but thats cause of the random saving that goes on but its only for a couple seconds.

At one point, in multiplayer, the sound cut out on me as well. Again another common issue among others.
ohwell.gif
with that one, i'm pretty sure you can just press start and change the sound settings. you just need to change it to something else, then back to what you had it on and the sound will come back on.

and speaking of sound,  you should change your audio settings to "war tapes" if you haven't already. war tapes =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

At any point, can you talk to other guys on your side that is not on your squad?
nerd.gif

On PC you can do this pretty easily however with the limited number of buttons on a controller being able to cycle chat between your squad, other squads, your entire team, friends, etc. on the fly is just too much to incorporate.

nerd.gif
Yeah i think you can only do that in PC though. Console is strictly squad mates

Originally Posted by jae oh en

ohwell.gif
with that one, i'm pretty sure you can just press start and change the sound settings. you just need to change it to something else, then back to what you had it on and the sound will come back on.

and speaking of sound,  you should change your audio settings to "war tapes" if you haven't already. war tapes =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Tried that, but didn't work. Thus, leading me to trying to reset the console. Never happened again, so far. War Tapes
pimp.gif
Being able to toggle between your team and your squad would've been nice. I just don't think it makes sense to not be able to talk to other guys in THE SAME tank (that's not a squad mate) with you. I've been finding myself wanting to give tank driver an earful, since he doesn't want to take evasive action against other tanks.
laugh.gif

For PC guys. I think it was said before a while back since but i cant remember. But just incase some of yall didnt know
[h1]
[h1]EA snubs Steam with Battlefield 3[/h1]

[h2]Anticipated shooter only available on Origin, GamersGate, and Direct2Drive.[/h2]

EA might have been slashing the price of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 in Steam's recent Summer Sale event, but it looks like the company will be cutting ties with the digital distribution service for Battlefield 3.

A list of the digital retailers for the PC version of Battlefield 3 (spotted by Joystiq, then pulled by EA) omitted Steam.

Battlefield 3 was listed for EA's new Origin distribution service, alongside rival platforms GamersGate, and Direct2Drive.

The move is the latest development in a contest for digital supremacy on the PC between Valve and EA.

Last month recent 9/10 shooter Crysis 2 disappeared from Steam. EA said the move had nothing to do with them, however, and pointed the finger of blame squarely at a recent update to Steam's terms and conditions.

"Steam has imposed a set of business terms for developers hoping to sell content on that service - many of which are not imposed by other online game services. Unfortunately, Crytek has an agreement with another download service which violates the new rules from Steam and resulted in its expulsion of Crysis 2 from Steam," said EA last month.

EA launched Origin last month. The service will be the only place you can digitally download upcoming MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic, as well as the Digital Deluxe Edition of Mass Effect 3.

Battlefield 3 will be released on October 28 for PC, Xbox 360, and PS3.
[/h1]

October 28? Wasn't it supposed to be on the 25th?
nerd.gif

Just finished the single player campaign. That was definitely entertaining, especially the ending. The game had tons of lulz all the way, too!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom