Battlefield: 3 -Official Thread- Be Advised: We are Mission Launch -

battlefield PC gets a 9.0 IGN

While DICE may not deliver a memorable story here, it doesn't need to when Battlefield 3's online warfare raises every bar imaginable, delivering one of the best multiplayer experiences of the year. I doubt Battlefield purists will complain much about the campaign, honestly; I know you're enlisting in this battle to bring down entire armies online.

Originally Posted by PO2345

^^
I apologize, I was just repeating what IGN stated:
Its cool no need to apologize. this is from the IGN pc review

Editor's Note: This review covers PC only. IGN will post either a review update or an entirely different console review once the Day 1 patch goes live for Xbox 360 and PS3 and we're able to play the game in its final retail state. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

from neogaf review thread
IGN: http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1210387p1.html9.0
GT: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pc...field-3/722936 9.2 SPOILER ALERT
GI: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ba...24/review.aspx 9.5
Joystiq:  4.5/5
Gamespy:  5/5
1UP:  A-
Gamereactor.dk: http://www.gamereactor.dk/anmeldelser/86537/Battlefield+3/ 9/10
German Gamestar:9.3/10

9's? switching my preorder to MW3.
30t6p3b.gif

I swear the first thing ima do is hop online and get in a jet while bumpin sum spitta andretti screaming #JETLIFE !!!

Originally Posted by Grimey

about how long (hours) is the campaign going to be?
this I'm actually curious about. Hope it isn't less than 8 hours long.
nerd.gif

EDIT: 6 hours again.
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Return Of The Mac

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Cleaned my HDD of all the junk DLs and old game DLC..........................13.5 GB free [/color]
frown.gif

Same!!!!
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I'll pry pick up a 30 GB HD, though.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

WHY DID I HAVE TO CLICK THAT SPOILER!?
alien.gif
It's all good, though.
laugh.gif
There's some sort of cosmic force in that spoiler-+ that just drags your mouse to it.
30t6p3b.gif

Is it dropping in the PI tomorrow as well?  Will be picking mine up at lunch tomorrow.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

WHY DID I HAVE TO CLICK THAT SPOILER!?
alien.gif
It's all good, though.
laugh.gif
There's some sort of cosmic force in that spoiler-+ that just drags your mouse to it.
30t6p3b.gif

Is it dropping in the PI tomorrow as well?  Will be picking mine up at lunch tomorrow.
Yes it is. Picking it up at lunch tomorrow as well, along with some PSN credits for that Gran Turismo 5 DLC.
smokin.gif

Don't know which one I'll pop in first after work, though. PC or PS3?
nerd.gif
Well, PS3 does have trophies to consider. 
laugh.gif
 Maybe SP in PS3, then MP on PC. Or hop on PC while the PS3 installs the HD textures.
By the way, other NTers that are elsewhere around the world, here are the release dates per region. Japan gets screwed yet again 
ohwell.gif
 , and Antarctica gets it earlier than the Brits! 
roll.gif

Tuesday, October 25th, 12:01am Korea Standard Time (GMT +9)
Brunei, Cambodia, Cocos Islands, East Timor, Fiji, Guam, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Korea, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Northern Mariana, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam

Tuesday, October 25th, 12:01am Pacific Daylight Time (GMT -7)
American Samoa, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Azerbaijan, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Falkland Islands, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Honduras, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Martinique, Mexico, Moldova, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Tajikistan, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United States of America, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Virgin Islands

Tuesday, October 25th, 12:01am Moscow Daylight Time (GMT +4)
Russian Federation

Thursday, October 27th, 12:01am British Summer Time (GMT +1)
Antarctica, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Christmas Island, Cook Islands, Denmark, Finland, France, French Guyana, French Southern Territories, Germany, Heard and McDonald Islands, Kiribati, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Mauru, Mayotte, Micronesia, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Norfolk Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn Island, Poland, Polynesia (French), Reunion (French), Romania, Samoa, Serbia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Sweden, Syrian Arab Republic, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futura Islands

Friday, October 28th, 12:01am British Summer Time (GMT +1)
Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Ireland, Italy, Nepal, Pakistan, Portugal, South Africa, United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 2nd, 12:01am Japan Standard Time (GMT +9)
Japan

Trophy list for PS3:

Spoiler [+]
[table][tr][td]
There are 39 Trophies that can be earned in this title.

[table][tr][td]Show/hide completed trophies[/td][td] Status: Visible[/td][/tr][tr][td]Show/hide secret trophies[/td][td] Status: Visible[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sort:[/td][td] [/td][td]   [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Platinum Trophy[/td][td]
trophy_platinum.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Collect all other Battlefield 3[emoji]8482[/emoji] Trophies[/td][td] (21) [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Not on my watch[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Protected Chaffin from the soldiers in the street in Operation Swordbreaker[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Involuntary Euthanasia[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Killed the 2 soldiers before the building fell on them in Uprising[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The Professional[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Completed the street chase in Comrades in under 2 minutes 30 seconds without dying [/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Army of Darkness[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Shot out the 4 lights with 4 bullets in Night Shift[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Practice makes perfect[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]each of the targets in the gun range in Kaffarov[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]What the hell *are* you?[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Took a Russian Dog Tag in the forest ambush in Rock And A Hard Place[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Roadkill[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Kicked the car and killed the soldiers in Uprising[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]You can be my wingman anytime[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Completed Going Hunting in a perfect run[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Scrap Metal[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Destroyed 6 enemy tanks before reaching the fort in Thunder Run[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Butterfly[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Took down the jet in one attempt in Rock And A Hard Place[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Twofor[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Took down 2 enemies with 1 bullet in Night Shift[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Ooh-rah![/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Completed the campaign story[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Between a rock and a hard place[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Beat Solomon, flawlessly, in The Great Destroyer[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Semper Fidelis[/td][td]
trophy_gold.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Completed the campaign story on Hard[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Push On[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Reached the garage without going into man-down state in Hit and Run[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Two-rah![/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Completed all co-op missions[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Lock 'n' Load[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Unlocked all unique co-op weapons[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Car Lover[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Completed the mission without losing a humvee in Operation Exodus[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]In the nick of time[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Disarmed the bomb in under 20 seconds in The Eleventh Hour[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Bullseye[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Saved the hostages without alerting any enemies in Drop 'em Like Liquid[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Untouchable[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Completed the mission without using the fire extinguisher in Fire From The Sky[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Army of Two[/td][td]
trophy_gold.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Completed all co-op missions on Hard[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Ninjas[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Reached the VIP without setting off the alarm in Exfiltration[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Vehicle Warfare[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Received all 3 vehicle warfare ribbons[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Infantry Efficiency[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Received all 4 weapon efficiency ribbons[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Decorated[/td][td]
trophy_gold.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Received one of each ribbon in the game[/td][td] (7) [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]It's better than nothing![/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]3rd MVP in a ranked match[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Support Efficiency[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Received all 4 support efficiency ribbons[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Colonel[/td][td]
trophy_gold.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Rank 45 achieved![/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]1st Loser[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]2nd MVP in a ranked match[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Most Valuable Player[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]MVP in a ranked match[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]M.I.A[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Took your first enemy Dog Tag[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]
Secret Trophies
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]
trophy_hidden.jpg
[/td][td]Hidden Trophy[/td][td]
trophy_secret.png
trophy_hidden.jpg
trophy_secret.png
trophy_hidden.jpg
trophy_secret.png
trophy_hidden.jpg
trophy_secret.png
trophy_hidden.jpg
trophy_secret.png
trophy_hidden.jpg
trophy_secret.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

someone tell me why i should get this instead of Modern Warfare 3.
Thank you
Might have to let December answer this one
laugh.gif
, but off the top of my head:
Nah you guys did a good job�
laugh.gif

Anyways,

Compiled Round Up of BF3s (PC) Review Scores

Gamespy�5/5

AusGamers�9.8/10

BigPond GameArena�9.5/10

GameInformer�9.5/10

Meristation�9.5/10

GameStar�93/100

3DJuegos�9.3/10

spaziogames.it�9.3/10

GameTrailers�9.2/10

Everyeye.it�9.2/10

1UP�A-

Joystiq�4.5/5

IGN�9.0/10

pcgames.de�87/100

gamereactor.se�8/10

MetaScore is at 93.�

Anways,

Anyone who appreciates the Main Theme of BF3. The Soundtrack just dropped yesterday on Amazon. im not buying it but dat Main Theme Song is[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
eek.gif
pimp.gif
[/font]

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Don't know why I clicked that spoiler ;{.

You should have told us that there was a very straight forward spoiler in the spoiler
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]what? clearly said don't.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]i'm just so damn giddy about this game. [rock]FINALLY![/rock][/color]

93 meta? Meh... still 7 pts off... Back to MW3.
 #Trolling

Hopefully my PS3 copy will be in my hands in about 14 hrs.
30t6p3b.gif
@ Yuku.

^ well, one review site was trolling... giving the game an "80/100". That pulled it down quite a bit. 
[table][tr][td]Graphics:[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Playability:[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sound:[/td][td]10[/td][/tr][tr][td]Durability:[/td][td]9[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Our Rating:[/td][td]8 / 10[/td][/tr][/table]
Plus:

Wonderful multiplayer support, outrageously good sound, addictive co-op mode, smart Battlelog functions, balanced

Minus:

Unimaginative single-player mode, get really big multiplayer tracks

Complaining about the graphics?! (so I've heard). 8/10 for graphics, seriously though?
30t6p3b.gif
Big maps are a con!? wth?

Nice to know BF3 delivered, probably pick it up during a holiday sale, still don't think its worth the full $60. 
And DICE straight up jacked Black's story. I mean its ridiculous how similar they are 
laugh.gif

i dont really want to go thru the whole thread. so could somebody give me some basic tips about playing this. im coming from playing COD. ive played the beta but i sucked. i will be buying the game tonight.

Originally Posted by sagolous

i dont really want to go thru the whole thread. so could somebody give me some basic tips about playing this. im coming from playing COD. ive played the beta but i sucked. i will be buying the game tonight.
- be a team player. one-man army doesn't really work here. run-and-gun doesn't work, either.
- K/D doesn't matter. try to help the team in whatever way you can. heal/revive/supply ammo/spot. Even a guy with a negative K/D can be the best player in the match.
smokin.gif
SPM and W/L  tell a better story.

- run for cover. you will get killed quickly if you don't be tactical in your movements

- SPOT opponents (PS3 - press the 'SELECT' button; PC - 'Q', but I think Commander Rose will be that button in the final build of the game)

- If you have one, use your mic and communicate effectively with your squad.

- oh, do not hop onto a teammate's vehicle that is being repaired and drive off with it. with an enemy, it's fine. happened to me a few times in BC2. ran over the dude most of the time, but one time he blew up the tank using C4. 
roll.gif

- do not hog the vehicles, I guess.

can't think of anything else at the moment. let us know if you want to ask anything specific; guys here can probably answer your question

looks like slade's already up and running.
laugh.gif

just beat campaign....its about a 7/10 for me.... MW3 campaign will be better i think.

so if you guys are buying this game for the single player: DO NOT...rent it or borrow it..

time to get on the multi player!

Back
Top Bottom