Be Careful NT, Even Driving Slow you still can get in an ACCIDENT!!!(PICS OF MY STI)

Well, I crashed my STI yesterday. Its tough to say, but then again its 5am and I'm very , VERY lucky to be alive. So I know NT hates reading stories, soI'll get right to the point. I was on my way to school and i'm in the Slow lane(third lane in the freeway). I am driving my normal pace and BOOM, do a180 into the center divider and am facing oncoming traffic in REVERSE. I could have died that day because i dodged two cars and missed so many more because itwas raining, and i was stuck in the fast lane. I check my car, and sure enough, someone dinged me in the back which caused the car to slide

PICS

8d925d7e88b0af9700eb4972cc97890d7514e33.jpg
3b535040e5aab901f6da0a9bb8ecaa4a57251ac.jpg
6d915ee2b5fe00b18f243a09c88094c97e7c6ea.jpg
650157e2b0fb03b10d6e69a3bd53ba4fd7c7dc3.jpg

6c7152e7b5f004bea4df4b8b55db79dc86fd25d.jpg

At this point, I'm thankful the car took the abuse and the rim didn't break considering it hit the divider going about 55. Just all you NT'ers outthere, stay safe. Anything can happen and heed my warnings, be very careful in hazardous weather. I have 7 years driving experience and no accidents.

Angel

Originally Posted by dugtrio

damn dude, glad you are safe. thats why i go with the flow of traffic.
If anything, I was going slower than traffic..Hence the reason I made this post kinda as a public service announcement.
If anyone is wondering, car is more than likley a total loss considering how all four tires are doing the gangsta lean....

Angel

Dude the same thing happened to me on the Florida turnpike in the rain--my 350z drop spun out like a gig. give thanks it wasnt worse.

Damn... I heard the doctors did their best....
they tried and tried and tried....

there just wasn't enough time.

thankgod your alive man
eek.gif
if its totaled are you getting another STI? or are you picking up something else

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

At this point, I'm thankful the car took the abuse and the rim didn't break considering it hit the divider going about 55. Just all you NT'ers out there, stay safe. Anything can happen and heed my warnings, be very careful in hazardous weather bald tires. I have 7 years driving experience and no accidents.

Angel
Fixed. No really, i can only blame your tires for the cause of this. No matter what weather condition you're driving in, it helps to havetires with some tread.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Mrmeeh2

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

At this point, I'm thankful the car took the abuse and the rim didn't break considering it hit the divider going about 55. Just all you NT'ers out there, stay safe. Anything can happen and heed my warnings, be very careful in hazardous weather bald tires. I have 7 years driving experience and no accidents.

Angel
Fixed. No really, i can only blame your tires for the cause of this. No matter what weather condition you're driving in, it helps to have tires with some tread.
happy.gif
I dont want to argue with you, but the tires were fine in front. Yes, the rear tires were somewhat worn out in the back, but i was hit on the sideand slid into the divider. The sti is All Wheel Drive, but still, I will admit the tire was worn out...
Angel

Oh i see. That's my problem with all wheel drives, you'll end up both set of tires worn instead of 1. My accord is fwd, almost getting there but implanning on switching the back with the front since all the power is going to the front anyways but in your situation makes me wanna rethink and just buy abrand new set.

All joking aside, glad you are alright.

Knock on wood, I've never been in a serious accident.

good to hear you're okay. would have been worse it if was the gt-r that you were going to get.

btw - i'm almost always going slow in traffic - i drive a prius
happy.gif

Thanks for the kind words, just thought i would post about my incident so some of you younger cats can learn from it..I live in Socal, and the tires are DunlopSports(stock tires from the 08 STI)..and unfortunatley, both rims on the passnger side were chewed up.Unfortnatley, my neck and knee are bruised
frown.gif

.Like i said earlier, if its not totaled, I would be shocked..just a rought list of what needs to be replaced.

front bumber
front passenger fender
both passenger doors
passenger side skirt
both rear quater panels
rear bumper
trunk
wing
rear differential
transmission(was going in reverse for a block while still in 6th gear)
all the suspension components are broken in the back
front suspesnion is broken
dashboard broke
both seats(one air bag and one me being thrown back)
passenger side window

Angel

Back
Top Bottom