Beats by Dre Appreciation

Read the opinions in the threads and started doing some research. Decided I'm going to return the Beats by Dre or sell them to some loser for $300 and make some profit.

Are the ATH-M80s much better than the Sennheiser HD 280s? If the Sennheisers are just fine at the price that they're offering (which is about $100 less than the M80s), then I might as well get those, right? Would appreciate some insight.

had my solo hd's for a year now, and they are definitely appreciated
pimp.gif
. im definitely no audiophile but they sound WAY BETTER than what im used too. its especialy great for what i listen to (mostly hip-hop, edm, and alternative). yes i know there are better headphones out there for less, but i like the way they look, and im happy with what they sound like, and my name starts with a B 
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by MECKS

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

leak noise like nobody's business. Yes i got the HD solos. dont use them for anything else but the gym. however, they have lasted me through a lot of abuse
didnt pay full price and  thats the only reason i got em 
laugh.gif
word, i got mine from monster for $110 i think, studios too.
They are probably fake.... 

Originally Posted by Alchemiss

leak noise like nobody's business. Yes i got the HD solos. dont use them for anything else but the gym. however, they have lasted me through a lot of abuse
laugh.gif
or they still paid too much for trash

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by scoopz

Originally Posted by 2SeatPort

Dudes here be arguing over the $100 + headphone market

to listen to 128kbps Audio files

but Echoes of Silence is 320kbps tho
grin.gif

Vbr>Cbr.
You prolly don't know what that is, though. 

Varied Bit Rate is V0 quality right? Smaller file sizes and slightly better sound if I remember correctly?

LOVE em!

question though: does anyone know where i can get a replacement black cord?? mine got messed up and has a shortage smh

Originally Posted by B fr3sh

pimp.gif
. im definitely no audiophile but they sound WAY BETTER than what im used too. its especialy great for what i listen to (mostly hip-hop, edm, and alternative). yes i know there are better headphones out there for less, but i like the way they look, and im happy with what they sound like, and my name starts with a B 
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

example a: monster's target demographic.

"better than what i had, and it looks pretty"

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Read the opinions in the threads and started doing some research. Decided I'm going to return the Beats by Dre or sell them to some loser for $300 and make some profit.

Are the ATH-M80s much better than the Sennheiser HD 280s? If the Sennheisers are just fine at the price that they're offering (which is about $100 less than the M80s), then I might as well get those, right? Would appreciate some insight.

you mean m50s?

Originally Posted by shiznut123

Sony mdr-v6, any one have these? Thoughts?

i have them.  they're built like tanks.  very durable.
they're great for bassheads.  a little harsh on the highs though, but that's easily cured with EQ.

Originally Posted by shiznut123

Sony mdr-v6, any one have these? Thoughts?
I have like ten pairs between v6's and 7506's. For $100 theses are the most accurate well built cans you can get.  Their a standard in the music industry for a reason. Throw some Beyerdynamic velour pads on them and their even more comfortable.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by B fr3sh

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

example a: monster's target demographic.

"better than what i had, and it looks pretty"
yup, we're all sheep one way or another.

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Originally Posted by PRIME

Hm... The classic technology debate. I smell a xbox vs 360/droid vs iphone/ sennheiser vs beats thread.

How original.

Xbox v 360 debate.  That would be original.

Closed headphones such as the Beats are inherently inferior in sound quality due to their design compared to open headphones.  The sound becomes trapped inside the can which bounces the waves off your head back at the speakers.  Unable to escape, the waves then interfere with the incoming waves which causes distortion of the sound.  The advantage of closed cans of course is outside sounds are dampened and typically restricts leakage (though the Beats do leak a lot).
Yeah yeah yeah, you know what I meant. It was 4am when I posted that reply. Ironic enough because its 4am now with this reply. 
My point was, useless debates are useless. Because at the end of the day people will buy what they want. So coming in and preaching about one particular product isn't going to change people's minds about the product they already know and love. 

Because lets be honest. Who in here wasn't referencing Sennheiser as a first product thought response to the popular Beats headphones. 

Its just like the car threads. Dudes will think of the GTR instantly when reading something about how great another sports car is. Same with gaming consoles with the xbox and PS3, as well as iphones vs droids. 

Dudes will buy what they want. Let them ignorantly praise a product, because just because you drop knowledge, that doesn't mean they are going to rush to the store to return the $350+ headphones they just got for Christmas. 

I like my studios. Only thing I wished they could do is make it to where no one else could hear your music while your listening to them on your head. How they could do this idk. But when I listen to mine and pull them down for a min it's kinda loud

didn't read the whole thread, but do they make a wireless/bluetooth set yet? Like the Sony IS800..

i had studio beats 2 years ago and was looking for something a lil better..I been looking at the bowers & wilkins P5 headphones, i havent heard anything bad about them..

Originally Posted by wcghost

if you're going to bag on Beats by Dre, at least provide a decent alternative.

laugh.gif
 that and I hate elitist.

I mean nobody jump on your ahss when you lemmings went out to the sneaker store and hoped on Jordan's bandwagon, leave the fans be.

Originally Posted by Alchemiss

laugh.gif

they're making fake headphones now!?!? smgdh

Originally Posted by NYC game

Originally Posted by wcghost

if you're going to bag on Beats by Dre, at least provide a decent alternative.

laugh.gif
 that and I hate elitist.

I mean nobody jump on your ahss when you lemmings went out to the sneaker store and hoped on Jordan's bandwagon, leave the fans be.
That's a bad comparison, because there aren't really many better sneaker options.

So mad seeing the refurbs are 99.99 for the solos.

Paid full the other day with holiday cash I had. Oh well.

Originally Posted by DatRealBalla12

i had studio beats 2 years ago and was looking for something a lil better..I been looking at the bowers & wilkins P5 headphones, i havent heard anything bad about them..

I have B & W 603 speakers for my home theater (for the front, center, & rear channels). The best speakers I've ever head. B & W make great products. Got the P5s about 5 months ago & very happy with them.

I would never ever by the Beats By Dre....Sound terrible but great for those who don't know any better....Do they still have problems with them snapping?

Back
Top Bottom