-Make sure the game you want to keep gets scanned last
-Go to another bestbuy
-Return the first 2 games
-get store credit
-REPEAT ALL STEPS AGAIN...

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I want Batman: Arkham Asylum. Is Marvel v Capcom out? Those & another game, along with Uncharted 2 that I just opened up yesterday should hold me over for the next 5 years or so.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
damn, son..on the late train, i see

great game tho
Batman AA was
smokin.gif

I'm like SPJ, I still have Red Dead Redemption and Call of Duty Black Ops sealed from the TRU deal, haven't had time to put in work due to work.  I'm currently playing Uncharted.  Just scooped up Uncharted 2 GOTY Edition for $25 and plan on buying Killzone 2 and Resistance 2. 
laugh.gif
WHAT? Where?

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

I want Batman: Arkham Asylum. Is Marvel v Capcom out? Those & another game, along with Uncharted 2 that I just opened up yesterday should hold me over for the next 5 years or so.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
damn, son..on the late train, i see

great game tho
Batman AA was
smokin.gif

I'm like SPJ, I still have Red Dead Redemption and Call of Duty Black Ops sealed from the TRU deal, haven't had time to put in work due to work.  I'm currently playing Uncharted.  Just scooped up Uncharted 2 GOTY Edition for $25 and plan on buying Killzone 2 and Resistance 2. 
laugh.gif
WHAT? Where?

Alright, so I think I done goofed. I went after work and played the "i'm trying to buy these for my little nephew, do you think he'll like this call of duty game since it has guns on it?" even though I look like i'm in college still. My hustle game was on point. I got #+% Creed (ps3),COD:BO (xbox 360),and Red Dead Redemption (ps3) and asked for gift receipts for the two ps3 games. no problems so far. When the cashier rang up Red Dead as the second game, i almost reached out to grab her arm to get her to stop scanning b/c RDR is now 39.99. My hustle game was dead at this point and I didn't even say anything when she asked if I wanted a bag.

What can I do now? Did I just finish dead last in Dame Dash's Ultimate Hustler? Do I just return all the games and start over by making sure I get all 59.99 games? NikeTalk, please help me out! Where is ninjahood when you need him...

Alright, so I think I done goofed. I went after work and played the "i'm trying to buy these for my little nephew, do you think he'll like this call of duty game since it has guns on it?" even though I look like i'm in college still. My hustle game was on point. I got #+% Creed (ps3),COD:BO (xbox 360),and Red Dead Redemption (ps3) and asked for gift receipts for the two ps3 games. no problems so far. When the cashier rang up Red Dead as the second game, i almost reached out to grab her arm to get her to stop scanning b/c RDR is now 39.99. My hustle game was dead at this point and I didn't even say anything when she asked if I wanted a bag.

What can I do now? Did I just finish dead last in Dame Dash's Ultimate Hustler? Do I just return all the games and start over by making sure I get all 59.99 games? NikeTalk, please help me out! Where is ninjahood when you need him...

Originally Posted by pchen83

laugh.gif
 why you so nervous

laugh.gif
 why you so nervous

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

laugh.gif
 why you so nervous

LoL, i'm trying to figure out what i'm supposed to do now.  Is the hustle contingent on getting 3 games that cost 59.99  each?  I feel like i'm leaving money on the table by getting the 29.99 game for free.  Anyone have anything constructive to offer in terms of what my options are?

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

laugh.gif
 why you so nervous

LoL, i'm trying to figure out what i'm supposed to do now.  Is the hustle contingent on getting 3 games that cost 59.99  each?  I feel like i'm leaving money on the table by getting the 29.99 game for free.  Anyone have anything constructive to offer in terms of what my options are?

you can just return all 3 games and then start over. 

you can just return all 3 games and then start over. 

Originally Posted by wada7

i had over $200 in best buy store credit so i figured id give it a try today

went to store one bought three games, got a gift reciept
went to a second best buy returned the two that i paid for with the gift recipet and got store credit for those two games
went to the games section picked up three games, bought em, got the gift receipt
headed back to store one, returned the two got my store credit back

so i ended up with the same amount of store credit that i started out with, and Need for Speed and NBA 2k11 for free
if you start out with cash, you'll end up with your free games and the store credit for two games

btw the last game they scan is the one you get for free, and if you try to return that one you dont get store credit
You my friend....win

May try this on saturday.  Kind of want NBA 2k11 and need a new controller...will use the store credit for that. 

Originally Posted by wada7

i had over $200 in best buy store credit so i figured id give it a try today

went to store one bought three games, got a gift reciept
went to a second best buy returned the two that i paid for with the gift recipet and got store credit for those two games
went to the games section picked up three games, bought em, got the gift receipt
headed back to store one, returned the two got my store credit back

so i ended up with the same amount of store credit that i started out with, and Need for Speed and NBA 2k11 for free
if you start out with cash, you'll end up with your free games and the store credit for two games

btw the last game they scan is the one you get for free, and if you try to return that one you dont get store credit
You my friend....win

May try this on saturday.  Kind of want NBA 2k11 and need a new controller...will use the store credit for that. 

Originally Posted by hankthetank

do you ask for seperate gift receipt for each game?

From what i've read I think you're supposed to.  I went to get the buy 2 get 1 free again today since I screwed up the first time (read above) but I asked for separate gift receipts and this cashier gave me the sideways look and said "nah, we can only do all three items on one receipt". FTL

Originally Posted by hankthetank

do you ask for seperate gift receipt for each game?

From what i've read I think you're supposed to.  I went to get the buy 2 get 1 free again today since I screwed up the first time (read above) but I asked for separate gift receipts and this cashier gave me the sideways look and said "nah, we can only do all three items on one receipt". FTL

Ight, so I bought Batman: AA, but I don't have it yet, I have to pick it up from another store. I bought DC Universe & Need For Speed. I literally spent an hour in store deciding on the next 2 games after Batman. However, I didn't read that DC Universe was online, but might keep it if the reviews I'm about to look up are good. Need For Speed, enh, I'll probably return for Marvel Vs Capcom.

I went it all unprepared today too. I forgot to ask for the gift receipt. I'll try to do that when I pick up Batman.
DC Universe has a monthly fee as well champ, just letting you know before you decide whether to keep it.
And  
roll.gif
 at dude who considered this stealing. It's their fault for being stupid enough to not cover their own backsides.

Ight, so I bought Batman: AA, but I don't have it yet, I have to pick it up from another store. I bought DC Universe & Need For Speed. I literally spent an hour in store deciding on the next 2 games after Batman. However, I didn't read that DC Universe was online, but might keep it if the reviews I'm about to look up are good. Need For Speed, enh, I'll probably return for Marvel Vs Capcom.

I went it all unprepared today too. I forgot to ask for the gift receipt. I'll try to do that when I pick up Batman.
DC Universe has a monthly fee as well champ, just letting you know before you decide whether to keep it.
And  
roll.gif
 at dude who considered this stealing. It's their fault for being stupid enough to not cover their own backsides.

Back
Top Bottom