Best Rap Producer Today??

:rofl:  Ha!  Dr. Dre and Just Blaze are better than DJ Premier?  Huh?  J Dilla and Madlib are the only producers that are up there with Primo.

:rofl:

Ha!

Uh yeah broski. I'm a huge dilla and premo fan too but I ain ridin em just cause. Get outta here wit that madlib mess too.

I want reasons why those three are the best...

if Dilla wasn't dead none a yall would be talkin that mess. He an amazing producer but there ain't nothing that makes him better than Al. If u think there is I'd like to see those details outlined.

No explanation is really needed.  All 3 of their discog's and versatility speak for themselves.  Dilla was also a hip-hop pioneer that paved the way for a lot of producers and artists today, including Just Blaze.

:rofl:  Ha!  Dr. Dre and Just Blaze are better than DJ Premier?  Huh?  J Dilla and Madlib are the only producers that are up there with Primo.

Nah.

Got love for Dilla & Madlib but nah. And I get that that's your opinion but no. Not even on no condescending wave either. Just no.

Last edited:
No explanation is really needed.  All 3 of their discog's and versatility speak for themselves.  Dilla was also a hip-hop pioneer that paved the way for a lot of producers and artists today, including Just Blaze.

Insufficient evidence my g.

I don't think DJ premier knows what the word versatility means. He even did a track on the call n response maroon 5 album and that jawn sounded similar to all his other work. I get the point your trying to make - that dilla and premier broke ground - but that doesn't make them the best. When talking about the greatest rappers, no one says Grandmaster Flash or Krs One.

Insufficient evidence my g.

I don't think DJ premier knows what the word versatility means. He even did a track on the call n response maroon 5 album and that jawn sounded similar to all his other work. I get the point your trying to make - that dilla and premier broke ground - but that doesn't make them the best. When talking about the greatest rappers, no one says Grandmaster Flash or Krs One.
I get where you're coming from man.  Agree to disagree.

Speaking on Alchemist I'm probably going to his show on Friday him and Prodigy.

Jake-one, dj dahi, hit boy, harry fraud,   just a couple i'm feeling as of recent (if were talking "today"). a lot of classic producers still doing it IMO.

No explanation is needed because there is no such this as the best producer. DJ Premier isn't better than Dr. Dre who isn't better than Kanye West.
For every quality you like about Premier the next man can say that he disagrees and Kanye trumps him for whatever reason.
Since their products (beats) are judged by unquantifiable means it all comes down to who makes beats that sound better. No matter what rebuttals anyone has.......they're all opinion.

Pfft I'll take Dilla... correction... i'll take Jay Dee over AL EVERYtime dead or alive.

I'm more of a fan of the late 90's early 2000's ("Keep It Thoro","Grimey Way","The Forest") AL anyway.

Pfft I'll take Dilla... correction... i'll take Jay Dee over AL EVERYtime dead or alive.

I'm more of a fan of the late 90's early 2000's ("Keep It Thoro","Grimey Way","The Forest") AL anyway.
Al would to you himself he's not on Dilla's level.  He truly was a genius, you could hear 3 different beats from and they can all sound like someone else made them but still have a crazy feel to them.  Jay Dee has beats from 96 that most couldn't even dream of making today because they don't have the music back/ear to do so.

In my opinion, Dilla is the greatest to ever do it, and I don't think it is fair to really compare anyone to him.  His impact on music in general is still very prevalent today.  With that being said, the question was " who is the best rap producer today", which is without a doubt Alchemist.  I don't think anyone was saying Alc was on-par or better than Jay Dee, but instead answering the question from the OP.

Jay Dee has beats from 96 that most couldn't even dream of making today because they don't have the music back/ear to do so.

Have you seen any of the bling47 episodes with cats speaking on Dilla's beats?

I couldn't believe that some of that **** was from 94'-96'.

Have you seen any of the bling47 episodes with cats speaking on Dilla's beats?

I couldn't believe that some of that **** was from 94'-96'.
Yep seen those vids, I have/had a lot of Dilla beat tapes..Another Batch..What Up Tho Sessions..A New slave..Dimensions of Dilla 99 plus a few more.  That's the stuff people need to hear to truly understand how great Dilla was/is. I couldn't imagine if he were still alive today, so many people are still trying to emulate his various styles, it's crazy.

whatever dawgz

Al would to you himself he's not on Dilla's level.  He truly was a genius, you could hear 3 different beats from and they can all sound like someone else made them but still have a crazy feel to them.  Jay Dee has beats from 96 that most couldn't even dream of making today because they don't have the music back/ear to do so.

In my opinion, Dilla is the greatest to ever do it, and I don't think it is fair to really compare anyone to him.  His impact on music in general is still very prevalent today.  With that being said, the question was " who is the best rap producer today", which is without a doubt Alchemist.  I don't think anyone was saying Alc was on-par or better than Jay Dee, but instead answering the question from the OP.

Well, I guess hes the greatest ever then :rolleyes

Lol at these choices. I get paying homage but premier ain't no where near the best ever. Dre is better imo and so is Just Blaze.

:stoneface:

Dre doesn't even produce his beats on his own, just gets all the credit.

Blaze is really good but aint on Premo's level.

Back
Top Bottom