Best Sneakers for a Retail Job

I recently got a job in retail and I’ll be working at the service desk, meaning I’ll be doing a lot of walking around mixed with standing around. I own a pair of Sketchers Go (Gen 5), and they’re comfortable but kind of unappealing. Perfect for extensive shifts. However, I’d like to own three pairs of shoes (my Sketchers, Nikes, and a third pair for comfort), to rotate between shoes when necessary.

So, I’m currently looking for shoes that are comfortable for a 4 - 8 hour shift, cost effective, durable and appealing. Any suggestions on which kind of shoes I should buy?

And are my Sketchers a good fit? They get the job done, and are super supportive. But I would like to hear suggestions on other kinds of Sketchers that may be better for work.

**I also recently made a post for suggestions on which kinda of Nikes are best for work**

Honestly if you like your Sketchers I would stick with them. As for suggestions aside from Sketchers I'd say that Asics Gel Lyte 5 (or 3) are good. Used them at my job were I'm usually standing/walking for 8-10 hours until I wore through the outsole in around 7-8 months (there's some really tough carpet where I work). I've been using the Reebok Zoku Runner for the past 3-4 months which can be had for cheap at outlets.

I recently got a job in retail and I’ll be working at the service desk, meaning I’ll be doing a lot of walking around mixed with standing around. I own a pair of Sketchers Go (Gen 5), and they’re comfortable but kind of unappealing. Perfect for extensive shifts. However, I’d like to own three pairs of shoes (my Sketchers, Nikes, and a third pair for comfort), to rotate between shoes when necessary.

So, I’m currently looking for shoes that are comfortable for a 4 - 8 hour shift, cost effective, durable and appealing. Any suggestions on which kind of shoes I should buy?

And are my Sketchers a good fit? They get the job done, and are super supportive. But I would like to hear suggestions on other kinds of Sketchers that may be better for work.

**I also recently made a post for suggestions on which kinda of Nikes are best for work**
nike Pegasus
flyknit trainers

Asics Gel Lyte V and New Balance 247. Both of them are cheap, available in a wide range of materials and colors, and very confortable.

boost is life man! If you've never tried on a pair of ultra boost ur missing out! I recommend any pairs of Yeezys if u can get them at retail. If not u can try on NMD's, Ultra Boosts, or any other Adidas shoe but make sure it has boost! Forget about Nike, they are not comfy compared to Adidas. Boost way! Dat way! #noairneeded

boost is life man! If you've never tried on a pair of ultra boost ur missing out! I recommend any pairs of Yeezys if u can get them at retail. If not u can try on NMD's, Ultra Boosts, or any other Adidas shoe but make sure it has boost! Forget about Nike, they are not comfy compared to Adidas. Boost way! Dat way! #noairneeded
giphy.gif

Asics are the way to go imo, but everyones feet are different so try on if possible. Also this sounds dumb but good socks make a huge difference. Also its good for your feet to switch up shoes, if not mid-shift than daily, when i worked retail i had a 2 pairs I rotated between.

Teddy, is that you?

Back
Top Bottom